Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transferring files to iPad

• 19-03-2014 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Have a bit of a strange one here. I want to copy a few files down to my iPad without using iTunes, and I've come across File Hub. It works great over Wi-Fi transfer, but a bit randomly.

I turn on Wi-Fi transfer, and then access the iPad via my browser on http://192.168.x.x:8080. All good this morning using Chrome. Connected and transferred half a dozen files no problem. Then this afternoon, wanted to add another file, but Chrome couldn't connect. Just comes up with
    Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.x.x:8080

So I opened IE and it worked first time. Connected and uploaded, only to find that the new file was corrupted locally. So fixed it up and tried to upload again, but now IE and Chrome are both timing out when connecting.

It's like something is being blocked or cached or something. I daresay if I rebooted my PC, it would work again, but I don't to restart my PC after every upload. Anything I can try first?

PS: After turning off friendly errors on Chrome, I get
    ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Dropbox seems like a better fit for this, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Possibly, but the app I'm using requires you to pay for the full version in order to get Dropbox integration. With Wi-Fi, I can at least control the folders, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'm presuming CG meant using Dropbox alone would be an easier option. Just upload the file and it's available anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Except if I'm on the road. I guess I could mark it as a favourite, and that would work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

? Dropbox works remotely. All you need is an internet connection

• Advertisement
Advertisement