Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

this cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iphone

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

picked up a 1 metre apple lightening cable for 19.99 from PC World Compu B where looking for €25 for the same one, also Pc World where selling an ILuv lightening cable for 15.99, but don't know if they have official approval from Apple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

The cheap ones from Dealz etc. do charge much slower in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

The cheap ones from Dealz etc. do charge much slower in my experience.

if you turn off your phone when charging, the dealz ones work

I have been through 4 offcial apple ones in less then one year, Apple replaced my first one in warranty but now I am out of warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

savic04 wrote: »
    I have been through 4 offcial apple ones in less then one year, Apple replaced my first one in warranty but now I am out of warranty
    WTF are you doing with them? 4 OEM cables in 12 mths go pear shaped? No chance, under normal use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

dodzy wrote: »
    WTF are you doing with them? 4 OEM cables in 12 mths go pear shaped? No chance, under normal use.

it's a cable. How could you possibly misuse it, yanking it? They're stupidly overpriced and terrible quality. Cheers for the recommendations on the cheap ones guys, got myself one for 1.50 after paying 30 fecking euro for the last one and it works a dream! Wouldn't go near a knock off charger though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

dx.com have pleanty of cheap cables that work with 7.1.1

You will be waiting for 6 weeks though.....but all free post��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

nightster1 wrote: »
    dx.com have pleanty of cheap cables that work with 7.1.1

You will be waiting for 6 weeks though.....but all free post��

No they don't, dx removed all the "fake" lightning cables after apple threatened them. For a short while they had none for sale and now only approved ones. They start at around €10 which is too much for a non apple cable with a 6 week wait on top. Get loads of stuff of dx but lightning cables I'll get elsewhere...
    Btw if you're looking for a cable and charger you're better of getting this for less: http://www.currys.ie/Mobile/Product/jbl-onbeat-micro-portbl-speaker-dock-with-lightning-connector-andndash-black/317115/186.1

flyguy wrote: »
    No they don't, dx removed all the "fake" lightning cables after apple threatened them. For a short while they had none for sale and now only approved ones. They start at around €10 which is too much for a non apple cable with a 6 week wait on top. Get loads of stuff of dx but lightning cables I'll get elsewhere...
    Btw if you're looking for a cable and charger you're better of getting this for less: http://www.currys.ie/Mobile/Product/jbl-onbeat-micro-portbl-speaker-dock-with-lightning-connector-andndash-black/317115/186.1

yes, dx now appears to have stopped.

What about these guys?:-

http://www.tmart.com/search.html?q=IPHONE&typeid=3431:3635

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Was actually gonna suggest tmart, but have only gotten 2 things of them so far. 1 item doesn't work at all, the other one was a lighting cable that wasn't reversible (only worked with one side up) and broke quite quickly. Even when it was working it would not charge my iPad. It was one of those 3 mtr braided cables. Anyone any good experience with them?

flyguy wrote: »
    Was actually gonna suggest tmart, but have only gotten 2 things of them so far. 1 item doesn't work at all, the other one was a lighting cable that wasn't reversible (only worked with one side up) and broke quite quickly. Even when it was working it would not charge my iPad. It was one of those 3 mtr braided cables. Anyone any good experience with them?

I have an order in with them. I wont know the quality a while.

• Advertisement
Advertisement