Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Holiday near Fota

Options
  • 19-03-2014 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone please recommend somewhere that would be good to bring the family, mom, dad, 2 girls (5 & 3) + a baby, so would either need to be family hotel room or a holiday home.

looking at going to the Irish Open golf towards end June, so obviously would like to get somewhere within reasonable distance to the golf course.

be ideal to get somewhere with a pool

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

There is a train from Cork to Fota. Takes about 15 mins.

Might be worth checking out places in the city. You wouldn't have to worry about parking then. The train station is minutes from the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Triangla wrote: »
    There is a train from Cork to Fota. Takes about 15 mins.

Might be worth checking out places in the city. You wouldn't have to worry about parking then. The train station is minutes from the city centre.

Holiday homes at Quality. Hotel at Redbarn near Youghal. About 20 mins drive to Fota

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Trabolgan worth a look? A long time since I was there..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

The Fota Island resort is great idk how close it is to where ever the Irish Open is on though its in Fota. They also have self catering if you can't afford a hotel room in the hotel. Lastly if your staying there see if you can book afternoon tea some day during your stay. Its devine and great value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I'd recommend the Quality Hotel in Youghal too. It's right on the beach (Redbarn) and has apartments and holiday homes. If the weather isn't suitable for the beach or onsite playground, it's got a kids club. Very family orientated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

i think Youghal it might be. Had been looking at the quality so it might just be the job

thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I'd recommend the Quality Hotel in Youghal too. It's right on the beach (Redbarn) and has apartments and holiday homes. If the weather isn't suitable for the beach or onsite playground, it's got a kids club. Very family orientated.

Pool and gym too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

mordeith wrote: »
    Holiday homes at Quality. Hotel at Redbarn near Youghal. About 20 mins drive to Fota

During the Irish Open??.Id say the only way you would do it in that time would be in a helicopter.

OP,The Midleton Park hotel and The Radisson Blue in Little Island both have pools/leisure centres and are a lot nearer and convienient to Fota,although you would want to be booking now,I would think.They are also near train stations to take you to Cork city,Fota and Cobh.

http://www.radissonblu.ie/hotel-cork
    http://www.midletonpark.com/#

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Lambofdave

There is this place about 5km out of midleton

http://www.thepaddocks.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

thanks all, we booked a holiday home at the quality hotel in youghal as it was the best value, also means with a spare room, we can take the outlaws so that we can sneak out for a couple of nights and make use of free babysitters :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement