Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In car entertainment

Options
  • 19-03-2014 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Anyone any recommendations for a DVD player for the back seat? Little fella will be one and half in the summer when going to France and just wanted to keep him amused.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Maybe look at buying a samsung galaxy or similar, they are nearly the same price as a dvd player and get netflix free for a month for him, or if you have sky box you will be able to get it on the tablet aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

yeah but he can touch the screen and knock it off by accident. leading to worse agro! How is nexflix going to work in the car? I ain't streaming it on my phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

peteb2 wrote: »
    yeah but he can touch the screen and knock it off by accident. leading to worse agro! How is nexflix going to work in the car? I ain't streaming it on my phone!

Ya sorry you need the internet, :rolleyes: but good for when you get based somewhere. Dvd player prob best bet so, try adverts.ie or done deal for some good second hand ones. I sold mine on adverts when kids out grew it.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭dockleaf

We bought ours in Argos who have a really good return policy if there's any problem. Like you, we bought it for a trip to France ( we go at least once a year) for our two and have had great use out of it for years now. We bought a two screen one. Very handy, will keep them amused for a bit anyway, and as they get older they watch films etc on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

to be honest most of the dvd players are the same.
    Heres a twin one in Argos at a great price (cant find a single one, but seeing as a second screen cant be bought separately its no harm to plan ahead)
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1385786/Trail/searchtext%3EIN+CAR+DVD.htm

We've done a heap of long journeys across the continent and to Italy and only for the DVD we'd have no peace.
    Its not on all the time as that'd be too much, but it does help break up the journey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

I got a twin screen one from lidl last year. I filled up a 16gb usb stick with a mixture of cartoons and put it on random play. I only use the one screen for my child (other one never been used). Cost was about €99.
    Check your stores maybe they have some locked in the display cabinets. Or check adverts.

Advertisement