Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 missed mortgage payment?

Options
  • 19-03-2014 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

I would appreciate advice please
    I have never missed a mortgage payment in 5 years, just once the 2nd week of Jan of this year - through ESB, Oil bills etc
    My mortgage is 143,000e
    My repayments are 270e fortnightly with AIB
    I have not missed any payments since
    I have got a number of phone calls during the day, evening and one just now from AIB requesting I sort it out- even over the phone
    I am amazed of the pushiness and demanding attitude from them after I have told them I will sort this at the end of March
    I may appear naïve and unrealistic but how many calls can they officially make and what tone can they use to the consumer.... I know they have a job to do but I think their way of doing this debt collection on an amount such as this with a good repayment record is appalling
    Any idea how many calls can they make monthly to recoup this debt

Comments

Advertisement