Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

19-1 Cave Shmup PCB *Update Tested working

Options
  • 19-03-2014 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭

Won this on Facebook, it's of no use to me, as it's not 15khz out, I assume its 31khz as when I plug it into my cab everything shows up not once, not twice but trice:) See pics below.
    I can use the buttons to browse the menus, etc but its impossible to read what's displayed as it's all scrunched up.

Anyway as I got it for free and I've no idea if its working/decent it'd be rude to charge for it so ill swap for something that you don't want that could interest me (preferably arcade related).
    There is also mini usb, I've read a few threads of people in the process of reverse engineering these boards which is interesting
    2njeuxv.jpg
    33u4faw.jpg

**UPDATE**
    Now I've sussed this is 100% working although it would appear not to support 15Khz monitors but working with VGA out and still showing 3 times on my 15Khz monitor.
    Just realised I'd a VGA monitor there all along and there is VGA out on the board, plugged it in and its working perfectly, the games are
    Mazinger
    Mercs
    19xx
    Dimahoo
    1945K III
    Aero Fighters
    Turbo Force
    Guwange
    Hotdog Storm
    Fever SOS
    Esp. Ra.De
    DoDonPachi
    Dangun Feveron
    Air Gallet
    Miss Puzzle
    Varth
    F-1 Grand Prix
    F-1 Grand Prix 2

They are all hideable too and there is some other weird settings which I'm not sure what they do to be honest

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

What games are on this board?
    Would it properly work on my trisync AWSD?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

To be honest I've no idea, it won't coin on my jamma loom but I haven't everything wired up and I know these multiboards can do funny things sometimes.
    I'll try get a loan of a monitor to test it, but I'm not sure as all writing is squished up and I'm not too familiar with schmups, definitely airgallet anyway.
    The guy I got it from said it played but he'd it plugged into a pc monitor.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not sure what I have to trade for that.
    I don't have any arcade stuff anymore.
    Is there any other area you're interested in?

**UPDATE**
    Now I've sussed this is 100% working although it would appear not to support 15Khz monitors but working with VGA out and still showing 3 times on my 15Khz monitor.
    Just realised I'd a VGA monitor there all along and there is VGA out on the board, plugged it in and its working perfectly,
    the games are:
    Mazinger
    Mercs
    19xx
    Dimahoo
    1945K III
    Aero Fighters
    Turbo Force
    Guwange
    Hotdog Storm
    Fever SOS
    Esp. Ra.De
    DoDonPachi
    Dangun Feveron
    Air Gallet
    Miss Puzzle
    Varth
    F-1 Grand Prix
    F-1 Grand Prix 2

They are all hideable too and there is some other weird settings which I'm not sure what they do to be honest

OK now I'm happy it works as it should I'd consider selling it if no one had anything to trade but I've no idea how much its worth?
    Here is a video of it running, ignore the noise from the fish tank in the background and my cabinet currently has no speaker in it but the sound does work. Emulation looks smooth and nice too.

• Advertisement

Looks really interesting and some great titles too, be interested myself only have 15hz and jvs-31hz, would be great though.

I can't find any references to it on the internet at all, anything to swap?
    Would it be worth €80?
    That's roughly what the usual horizontal 19-1 classic game boards are priced at

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Very surprised it doesn't support 15KHz monitors, after all the hassle of adding a Jamma connector any everything.

Noticed that Jamma pins 'e' & '27' are mapped to a button instead of GND (can't imagine any shooters using 6 buttons though), Jamma looms should GND this connection and this could cause problems.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nice little oddity there Cathal. Almost tempted myself but sticking with a one PCB in the cab at a time rule.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Would it properly work on my trisync AWSD?

Yes it should work no problem on your AWSD. Although you'd need to rotate the monitor by the looks of it.

Noticed that Jamma pins 'e' & '27' are mapped to a button instead of GND (can't imagine any shooters using 6 buttons though), Jamma looms should GND this connection and this could cause problems.

I noticed that too but my loom is grounding it and its not causing any issues so I assume that's just a board which was used for multiple different multigame revisions

Just another update, you can exit the game without resetting the board by holding in P1 for 10-15 seconds

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just curious, does it save the scores after powering off? Don't see a battery so maybe not.

I not sure I'll check tonight when I'm home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

How do the games play, any lag?

I've only played a few for a couple mins but seem to play very well even when the screens full of sprites, can do a video of one of them if anyone wants, I'm note familiar with the games on the board, which ones would be hardest to emulate?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Just curious, does it save the scores after powering off? Don't see a battery so maybe not.

Afraid not

Dammit, should have snapped this up when it was busted and nearly free!

You can archive this, I'm going to hang onto it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement