Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brenner Clinic, Williamstown

Options
  • 19-03-2014 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭

I was up there a few days ago and was pretty shocked to discover that there now seems to be just one Doctor working there. Since I joined 4 years ago they have always had between 2 and 4 GPs
    Does anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

It is always really hard to get an appointment there!
    Forget about ringing in the morning expecting to get an appointment for any time that same day!

It seems they have 2 male doctors but one only works mornings and the other afternoons.

There is another doctor opening by Farren park soon so they might be worth a try instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

reni10 wrote: »
    It is always really hard to get an appointment there!
    Forget about ringing in the morning expecting to get an appointment for any time that same day!

It seems they have 2 male doctors but one only works mornings and the other afternoons.

There is another doctor opening by Farren park soon so they might be worth a try instead.

Who is that opening by Farran Park do you know?
    One of the male doctors has left, so now there is just the other. As far as I was aware he is full time and the other did 4 days.
    I have ongoing medical problems so was a fairly regular patient of the one that has left. He was the best Doctor I think I have ever been to and he helped me a lot ao I'm feeling a little lost now. Because of my history,,my appointments are scheduled at certain intervals so I always book in advance so I can get in when I need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

One of the doctors going into the place beside Farran Pk is a lady dr -Dr Grey. She used to with Dr Cormac O'Nuallain up in Grange Manor.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭twistables

Any body know if Dr. Breen is still in brenner clinic or has he moved on?? Also if so where??thanks

twistables wrote: »
    Any body know if Dr. Breen is still in brenner clinic or has he moved on?? Also if so where??thanks

He's not there at the moment but he has gone away for a time before and come back. But would also like to know if he has moved on or not. I will try and find out but could take me a while.
    I wanted to get sick when I found out on Tuesday. As I said I have some ongoing medical problems and he has pretty much changed my life, particularly in the past year when he completely changed my medication. When I was with him last month he never said your next visit might not be with me or anything like that. At the moment I really don't know how I'll manage without him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Yes its [name removed] im talking about. He has been fantastic to me, particularly in the past year when he became almost a lifeline to me.
    I can only hope that he will be back in a few months or has gone somewhere nearby that I can follow him to because im at a loss to know how i'll manage without him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

He won't be back. It's for definite. There are a lot of disappointed people out there. Not pats fault from what I've heard, he just needed to move on for personal reasons.

• Advertisement

kuang1 wrote: »
    He won't be back. It's for definite. There are a lot of disappointed people out there. Not pats fault from what I've heard, he just needed to move on for personal reasons.
    Where is he gone to do you know?
    Edit: Ive PM,d you

Baby4 wrote: »

Cant agree more. Ive a long term condition and he changed my life. I was with him a month ago and he never said anything.
    I feel sick, I really do

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭April1

I feel exactly the same. I was in with Dr Breen a few weeks ago also. I am really fed up about it. Like you I have long term medical conditions. I liked seeing the same doctor, instead of explaining everything each time I went in there. I have never been very impressed with the other GP's there.
    I joined years ago because I was looking for a female GP and Dr Brenner was really good. I was disappointed when I found out she was no longer available.
    Many of the receptionist have gone too. The new girls there are so helpful. I always felt the old receptions didn't care so much.:mad:

I remember a while back he was gone for a few months and came back so im.sort of hoping thats the case this time

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭twistables

Many of the receptionist have gone too. The new girls there are so helpful. I always felt the old receptions didn't care so much.:mad:[/quote]

^^Couldn't agree more and am glad I'm not the only one that felt this. Used to really annoy me the manner in which they spoke to people.
    Have heard since that Dr. Breen won't be back, He's going travelling and upon his return won't be setting up in Waterford, that's from a friend of a friend so don't bet your mortgage on it!!
    Maybe we should set up a fan club with all the positive comments on here ;-)

Maybe we should set up a fan club with all the positive comments on here ;-)
    He changed my life. I dont know how much more positive it gets than that. In all my life no other Doctor has dealt with my issues in such a progressive manner focused in improving my long term health. Aside from that he was a genuinely nice person who you could talk to about absolutely anything, and I mean anything, and he was someone I really trusted.
    All I can say is that i'm sorry I only found him 4 years ago. But in this past year he has honstly been a lifeline to me and i'm at a loss to know how i'll manage without that.

Do you know when he left? I was with him 5 weeks ago and he said nothing to me.

Many of the receptionist have gone too. The new girls there are so helpful. I always felt the old receptions didn't care so much.:mad:

^^Couldn't agree more and am glad I'm not the only one that felt this. Used to really annoy me the manner in which they spoke to people.
    Have heard since that Dr. Breen won't be back, He's going travelling and upon his return won't be setting up in Waterford, that's from a friend of a friend so don't bet your mortgage on it!!
    Maybe we should set up a fan club with all the positive comments on here ;-)[/QUOTE]

Hi So glad you agree. The receptions were very rude, on many many occasions. I few months ago I was considering leaving the Brenner Clinic. I felt the place had changed so much and had lost its personal touch. I preferred it when there was just one GP there. I was rushed through many of my appointments, and told a few times that I didn't have enough time to discuss everything. (everything was an earache, a repeat prescription, and to ask about blood test results).

April if you went to [name removed]you would not have felt that, guaranteed. He would have given me all the time in the world if I needed it. Another doctor would have left a prescription at reception but he always saw me when.my repeats were due.
    I personally never had an issue with the receptionists but have heard stories. They always did their best to fit me in if I needed to see [name removed] for an unplanned visit

Its such a pity that he is gone. I hope they get another female doctor.

April1 wrote: »
    Its such a pity that he is gone. I hope they get another female doctor.

It's terrible that they don't have a female GP. As far as I know [name removed] is doing a limited amount of surgery hours for patients that request a Female Doctor.
    I feel at a loss that [name removed] has gone. I just really wish someone told me because surely he must have known for a while that he was doing this. Anyone with ongoing medical problems will know that you really grow to depend on your doctor and one like him who was so caring, patient and understanding is simply irreplaceable, to me anyway. He was someone you could discuss absolutely anything with no matter how big or small.
    All I can say is that what he has done for me since last year will benefit me for many years to come and in all my 22 years no other doctor has tried to help me more and done something that has worked.

• Advertisement

I had to go to another female doctor (that I had never been to before) a few weeks ago, because they had no female doctor. Which was a real pain.

Did any patients know that he was going to be leaving?

I hadn't heard anything, but that not saying maybe other patients knew about him leaving. Are you going to stay with the Brenner Clinic?

I hadn't heard anything, but that not saying maybe other patients knew about him leaving. Are you going to stay with the Brenner Clinic?

I don't know,I really don't. I know I have to give Sean Hogan a chance so I probably will for a while at least. My parents keep telling me that he has equipped me with the tools to keep going, which is true but to me his support and advice can never be replaced.
    It's handy for me too as I'm living out that way. I left Rowe Creavin to go to [name removed] because I was fed up never being able to get an appointment. But since there's supposed to be a new male doctor that's nice so things might be different.
    It's nothing to do with me his reasons for leaving but patients with a medical history like mine really depend on a doctor so I really wish he had simply said I might not be seeing him next time.

I rang the clinic this morning.
    It seems he has left to travel and has no set plans for when he returns. The girl said he left before and came back, which is correct.
    My feeling is that he has officially left but if his job is still there when he returns then he will come back.

When I asked the receptionist, all she said was that he had gone traveling and wasn't coming back. She didn't want to go into more details, in fact she didn't really even want to tell me that he had gone traveling.

Major update on this.
    Sean Hogan is leaving. There is a new male doctor starting soon as far as I've been told.
    Whsts bigger is that I was told Eithne Brenner is selling the GP practice to devote herself to Faceworks. I can't swear to that but that's what I heard.

I need to go in next week but after that i'm out.

Omg, I would love to know what happened there??!! Gosh where did you hear this from? I think Im out of there too, but I just dont know what other doctor to go to, any ideas??

Omg, I would love to know what happened there??!! Gosh where did you hear this from? I think Im out of there too, but I just dont know what other doctor to go to, any ideas??
    I haven't thought about it yet as I only found out this a few hours ago. I have a medical card so its not so straightforward to move. I would be looking for a male doctor too so the same place might not suit us both.

• Advertisement

I too have a medical card, why is not so simple? How did you find out?

Advertisement