Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quitting Job to start new business. Funds available?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Firehaze

My understanding is you can with approval of your local enterprise board ( you need an approved business plan) use social welfare payments from stamps built up to be diverted to pay you a payment equivalent to the dole while you set up your business .

This is a scheme aimed at folk who are unemployed trying to start a business.

However like the other comments if you have a job you have a better chance of success if you make mistakes and adjust your business while having a regular income.

It takes a fair amount of time to reach a viable position with any new business.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Just because you can't add 2+2 doesn't make me a troll. I agree with with Tony. I don't blame the OP for going this route since the government have provided it, but I think its the wrong mindset for an entrepreneur starting off. Sometimes the pain and the lack of cash are the very things that drive you that extra mile to make the business a success.

So pensions come into that how?

So pensions come into that how?

The government funds these plans through taxes, yet government pensions have been cut numerous times. Given your avatar and handle I thought you might be a pensioner thus the comparison!

The government funds these plans through taxes, yet government pensions have been cut numerous times. Given your avatar and handle I thought you might be a pensioner thus the comparison!

Don't assume
    For every failure there's a success, hence why your comment is uninformed and troll worthy
    You've yet to come back with any kind f intelligent response and I doubt you're going to start now

Don't assume
    For every failure there's a success, hence why your comment is uninformed and troll worthy
    You've yet to come back with any kind f intelligent response and I doubt you're going to start now

Nonsense, according to bloomberg and forbes 8 out of 10 businesses fail within 18 months. I'm not sure whats so difficult for you to grasp about all this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Don't assume

That statement right there is uninformed and troll worthy. The numbers arent even remotely close. The number of startups is growing, the number of successes is a completely different story.

Nonsense, according to bloomberg and forbes 8 out of 10 businesses fail within 18 months. I'm not sure whats so difficult for you to grasp about all this.

We're not talking about international businesses

Axwell wrote: »
    That statement right there is uninformed and troll worthy. The numbers arent even remotely close. The number of startups is growing, the number of successes is a completely different story.

I'm not trolling at all, funny how no one who has replied can back up their answer with links and most importantly facts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

We're not talking about international businesses

That comment (and those posted earlier by you) shows a total lack of knowledge of the start-up business environment. Look at the failure rates on new companies in any market. Export or domestic, there is not much difference. Look it up, do your homework before you make an idiot of yourself here.

Advertisement