Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed - Unity

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Redo91

dreamers75 wrote: »

At least they are doing something about it I guess. I'll pick this up in the new year provided all/most of the issues have been fixed by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Looks like the patch *may* help framerate issues, but the proper fix is due for the next patch. Looks like it's staying sealed for another while! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Patch is 2 GB in size on the Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The upcoming "Dead Kings" expansion pack for Assassin's Creed Unity will be free for all players, Ubisoft announced today

With the DLC free, anyone who bought the season pass or Gold edition of Unity will also receive a free game from Ubisoft. When the offer goes live, season pass owners will get to select from Far Cry 4, The Crew, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Rayman Legends, and Just Dance 2015.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

The upcoming "Dead Kings" expansion pack for Assassin's Creed Unity will be free for all players, Ubisoft announced today

With the DLC free, anyone who bought the season pass or Gold edition of Unity will also receive a free game from Ubisoft. When the offer goes live, season pass owners will get to select from Far Cry 4, The Crew, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Rayman Legends, and Just Dance 2015.

pc only?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    pc only?

Assassins Creed Unity Offer FAQ

Am I eligible to receive the Dead Kings DLC for free?

Yes! Anyone that purchases Assassin’s Creed Unity on PS4, Xbox One or PC will be eligible.

When will Dead Kings be available?

We have not yet announced a release date for this DLC, but it is coming soon.

How do I get the Dead Kings DLC*?

Xbox One

Once available, the Dead Kings DLC will be listed as an add-on in the Xbox One Marketplace. There will also be a link from the in-game menu.

PlayStation 4

Once available, the Dead Kings DLC will be listed as an add-on in the PlayStation store. You will also find a link from the in-game menu.

PC

Once available, the Dead Kings DLC will be listed as an add-on within Uplay or in the Steam store from the ACU product page depending on where you purchased the game. You will also find a link from the in-game menu.

Am I eligible to receive a free Ubisoft game?

If you purchased the Season Pass or Assassin’s Creed Unity Gold Edition (which includes the Season Pass), you are eligible to choose one free game from among a select list of Ubisoft titles.* These are:

The Crew
    Far Cry 4
    Watch Dogs
    Assassin’s Creed Black Flag
    Rayman Legends
    Just Dance 2015
    We are currently setting up the system to process this offer. We will provide an update on how to claim your free game soon.

What about the other content from the Season Pass?

Season Pass holders will continue to have access to a variety of additional content, including Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China.

Is the Season Pass still available for sale?

We are discontinuing sales of the Season Pass.

*FREE GAME TO BE REDEEMED BY NO LATER THAN MARCH 15, 2015. LIMITED TO ONE OFFER PER PERSON. INTERNET CONNECTION AND ACCOUNT (UPLAY, STEAM, XBOX LIVE, AND/OR PLAYSTATION NETWORK) MAYBE REQUIRED TO USE/PLAY DOWNLOAD. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. PRODUCT SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. SPECIFIC LIST OF GAMES AVAILABLE FOR FREE MAY VARY PER COUNTRY AND PLATFORM. FREE GAME LIMITED TO PLATFORM ON WHICH ASSASSIN’S CREED UNITY WAS INITIALLY PURCHASED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. YOU MUST MEET THE MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENTS, WHICH VARY BY COUNTRY, TO REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT. IN ADDITION, UBISOFT’S TERMS OF USE AS POSTED ON UBI.COM APPLY.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

So, can we buy the season pass now and get Far Cry 4 for free? :)

Great to be getting free stuff, especially since in my case there have been few issues (bar issues connecting to Uplay / initiates which aren't up to much anyway!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

who_me wrote: »
    So, can we buy the season pass now and get Far Cry 4 for free? :)
    Is the Season Pass still available for sale?

We are discontinuing sales of the Season Pass.

Think about it. They'd be especially silly if they still let you buy it.

For those who play it, is the game worth getting now that there are more fixes coming?

wow :eek:

Now that is how you suck up and apologise, but the sneaky so and so's have removed the season pass from the stores :mad:

Edti: @Pedro Monscooch the game on Xbox One at least for me, after 40 or so hours does not have the level of bugs the hysteria made out , even before it was patched. I got stuck once fell though the map once and saw 2 instances of weirdness with NPC's , and 1 frame rate issue that didn't affect me playing the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I am over the ****ing moon getting a full price €70 game for free, even tho I never really got affected by any bugs! :D

Already own Watch Dogs, AC 4 Black Flag, game sharer getting Far Cry 4 Gold Edition next week, not interested in Rayman or Just Dance so I guess it's The Crew for free I suppose :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Thanks Calex. Saw on the X1's leaderboards that you've played eighty something percent of the game (Polygon's reviewer only managed thirty) so I'll trust your judgement.

Fair play to Ubisoft. The free game is at least a good start at making amends. I'd be over the moon if 343 added Reach or ODST to the Halo collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

So id i buy the season pass for this, i can get Far Cry 4 for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

So id i buy the season pass for this, i can get Far Cry 4 for free?

You can no longer buy the season pass, it's taken down until they sort this out so people don't take advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Think about it. They'd be especially silly if they still let you buy it.

For those who play it, is the game worth getting now that there are more fixes coming?

Who cares what's silly or smart, I want FREEEEEEEE! And I was even thinking about buying the season pass earlier this week and decided against it for now. D'oh! A promo like this would really incentivise people to buy future season passes 'just in case'.

As for the game, I'd definitely recommend it even before these fixes appear (on PS4 myself). Apart from a few rare issues (fell through the map once, a few instances of NPCs floating or walking up poles, but nothing that impacts gameplay) it's a great game. Looks fantastic, is huge, lots of variety in the side-missions, combat is a bit more difficult (a good thing, IMO) which makes upgrading weapons & equipment crucial, which makes earning money very important, which gives you a reason to wander & explore. The mix of interior & exterior environments is great. The upgrades & character customisation is a lot more varied now, with each greater benefits and downsides to each option; it's not all just cosmetic.

The worst thing I can say about it is that it's another Assassin's Creed, there's nothing massively new in there. It might be better if there were an over-arching storyline between games, but they seem so obsessed with churning out a game a year (or more) that separate storylines/protagonists with only sparse connections between them is probably more practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

calex71 wrote: »
    wow :eek:

Now that is how you suck up and apologise, but the sneaky so and so's have removed the season pass from the stores :mad:

Edti: @Pedro Monscooch the game on Xbox One at least for me, after 40 or so hours does not have the level of bugs the hysteria made out , even before it was patched. I got stuck once fell though the map once and saw 2 instances of weirdness with NPC's , and 1 frame rate issue that didn't affect me playing the game.

It's a really great promotion and then some. Credit where it's due to Ubisoft for doing it. But, seeing as The Crew has not even been released, I get the feeling that Ubisoft hasn't much faith in that game at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,559 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Now that is how you suck up and apologise

That's my major concern though. I simply no longer have faith in them to not try all the exact same stuff next year.

Penn wrote: »
    That's my major concern though. I simply no longer have faith in them to not try all the exact same stuff next year.

Does it set a precedent now too I wonder? Gamers to a degree but more so the internet at large can be an entitled bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Was going to buy the crew any way so picked up the season pass for this on g2a for 24ish dollars. Good deal.

Does it set a precedent now too I wonder? Gamers to a degree but more so the internet at large can be an entitled bunch.

I don't know. I suppose it depends on what happens next year. Ubisoft know the rushed releases and review embargos have really hurt their reputation this year. If they don't have the same problems next year, they'll likely redeem themselves somewhat. If they do have the same problems, I doubt even free games will placate most people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Entitled!

Expecting an AAA title to not run like utter crap on the latest hardware across 3 different formats is entitled? Being able to log into the online servers of the 2nd biggest game publisher on launch day is entitled? Having to wait weeks for a patch to be able to launch said game is now feeling entitled?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Venom wrote: »
    Entitled!

Expecting an AAA title to not run like utter crap on the latest hardware across 3 different formats is entitled? Being able to log into the online servers of the 2nd biggest game publisher on launch day is entitled? Having to wait weeks for a patch to be able to launch said game is now feeling entitled?

Imagine you buy a new car. Can't wait to drive it out of the garage.

Rep: "Oh, sorry there, the radio doesn't currently work"
    Rep: "Oh, and the boot doesn't open until next week"
    Rep: "Oh, and you won't be able to open the passenger doors for three weeks"

How quickly would you return the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Imagine you buy a new car. Can't wait to drive it out of the garage.

Rep: "Oh, sorry there, the radio doesn't currently work"
    Rep: "Oh, and the boot doesn't open until next week"
    Rep: "Oh, and you won't be able to open the passenger doors for three weeks"

How quickly would you return the car?

id be really worried if there was no steering wheel!
    iv only seen two glitches in the game a man walked threw a book case and i got stuck in a tree, but friend of mine has it on ps4 took till first patch before it would work for him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Managed to get a refund on this (digital) from Xbox Support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Was going to buy the crew any way so picked up the season pass for this on g2a for 24ish dollars. Good deal.

Just checked out that g2a site... bloody hell they're insanely cheap. All legit and okay to use across various platforms?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

COYVB wrote: »
    Just checked out that g2a site... bloody hell they're insanely cheap. All legit and okay to use across various platforms?

Their PSN cards are actually more expensive than the amount the card gives you lol. I don't know about that site but i used www.g2play.net for PC purchases and i had no bother with them at all, key delivered within 5 minutes. g2play are under the kinguin umbrella along with about 10-15 other sites, wouldn't be surprised if g2a where also part of the group of sites...

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

I'm struggling with the riddles there driving me bonkers trying to figure them out, even tried running about using eagle vision as much as i ca,, I've only solved one, any tips??

Entitled!

I'd say calex meant some people may feel entitled as in "We'll expect more free stuff in future if there are problems with a game" as opposed to expecting the game to simply work properly in the first place

Entitled!

Where did i suggest that :confused:

Of course a game of that budget and resources should be expected to work smoothly from launch.

I was referring to that fact that certain sections of internet/gamers are entitled bunch there are many example of this usually a vocal minority that gain popular support, and more than willing to climb ridiculously high horses at the drop of a hat, and while I can see why Ubisoft want to regain some of their reputation, I was asking does what they have done in response set a precedent for them and others going forward ?

Like will we have said entitled folks screaming for free games the next time even a minor issue is found with a game?

I think I mentioned earlier in the thread also that I believed that some of level of a stink being kicked up over AC:U is redirected ill will over Watch_Dogs from earlier this year, which was another serious black eye for Ubisoft.

My personal experience of AC:U has been fine as I mentioned but I have friends on the same and different platforms who did have game breaking problems with it. My issue with the game was the story being absolutely pointless but thats one for another day :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

COYVB wrote: »

They are really cheap because they allow people to sell their keys on the site and show the lowest price available. I have found them to be okay but find that their pricing does not match what you pay sometimes. Like the season pass was about 22 dollars but went to 23 when you added to cart and then 24 when you finally paid due to paypal fees.

All in all though I have used them about 2 dozen times and they have been fine each time. Usually cheaper than kinguin. Just make sure you read the descriptions and don't end up with russian locked keys like which happened to me with Dark Souls 2. I need to install and play using a russian VPN.

Advertisement