Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed - Unity

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

So did patch 3 fix the NPC bugs ?, where they appear out of nowhere and change clothes randomly ?... still got this game in its wrapper waiting for the framerate patch thats meant to be next (patch 4), not sure if i should jump in yet.

Edit,
    Well i opened the game, installed patch 3, and played an hour.. and the amount of constant pop in everywhere when running through the streets is insane. Npc's materializing out of thin air in the distance, their clothes changing randomly. fooking ubisoft...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

So did patch 3 fix the NPC bugs ?, where they appear out of nowhere and change clothes randomly ?... still got this game in its wrapper waiting for the framerate patch thats meant to be next (patch 4), not sure if i should jump in yet.

Edit,
    Well i opened the game, installed patch 3, and played an hour.. and the amount of constant pop in everywhere when running through the streets is insane. Npc's materializing out of thin air in the distance, their clothes changing randomly. fooking ubisoft...

I'm in the exact same position. Opened it up and updated to Patch 3, and the same thing. Pop up for NPCs, animations a bit off, and my battery died in my controller during an online mission, when I plugged it back in, I could not longer attack or interact with doors etc. I could do stealth kills. I was also not attacked by enemies.

Back on the shelf for a while, which is a shame as it played quite well in parts. Thankfully, I have loads to keep me occupied!

It really does feel like playing an unfinished game. That npc pop up stuff, and slow loading textures and shadows and stuff ruins it for me, its everywhere and constant, completely breaks the spell of being in that world.... I know over the last few years Ubi have proven their a company that push quantity over quality, but this is pathetic. The greed is real!. 2 AC games the same week, they could of easily held Unity back until early next year.. gotta get them christmas monies though!. The Crew releases today full to the brim with microtransactions to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

SO do I have this wrong or do you actually need an active Playstation Plus account to play Multiplier, even with your playstation network friends?

Sorry if my comment is laughable but I've never done much multiplayer on console before and when I have, its always been free (Batman Arkahm, Uncharted).

I spent €150 on the Guillotine edition of the game and now I need to pay a minimum of 15 quid to play online... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

OmegaRed wrote: »
    SO do I have this wrong or do you actually need an active Playstation Plus account to play Multiplier, even with your playstation network friends?

Sorry if my comment is laughable but I've never done much multiplayer on console before and when I have, its always been free (Batman Arkahm, Uncharted).

I spent €150 on the Guillotine edition of the game and now I need to pay a minimum of 15 quid to play online... ?

It's like that for PS4 and Xbox One. Blame Sony / MS not Ubisoft on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Had a great NPC glitch the other night :D

Ive generally been enjoying the game tho. My biggest gripe was that it seemed to crash every 15 mins or so when i hooked my PC up to my TV, but not on my Monitor. Tho since patch 3 that hasnt happened. I love the customization, all the different animations for the various weapons, and the fact that you can actually plan assassinations again now. Its more AC2 than Black Flag, but thats no bad thing. PC version is absolutely gorgeous too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,761 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Hey folks, is this still very buggy for you all?

Love the game, but was in the middle of a co-op mission last night when half way through it I couldn't attack anyone and they couldn't attack me!

Funny stuff, see here

I had to keep reviving my team mate and trying to pull away the crowd from him while he took out the target :)

Are any of you still encountering issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Moved from Xbox, as there's a thread for the game in main Games forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Has anyone got any news on the free game for those who were season pass holders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I hope everyone who bought a season pass actually ends up, somehow, losing more than the value of the pass. No free game and maybe some bizarre new form of financial penalty for contributing to the feckwittery that's destroying gaming for those with the cop on not to pay money for the other half of games that publishers decided not to include, and instead sell to the drooling masses post launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

COYVB wrote: »
    I hope everyone who bought a season pass actually ends up, somehow, losing more than the value of the pass. No free game and maybe some bizarre new form of financial penalty for contributing to the feckwittery that's destroying gaming for those with the cop on not to pay money for the other half of games that publishers decided not to include, and instead sell to the drooling masses post launch.

:rolleyes:

Game development is much more expensive now than it has ever been. Publishers need to get the money back somehow.

I never really got this whole idea of half the game being sold as DLC as well. Can you give me an example where this is the case? Where you are genuinely missing out by not purchasing DLC? If people want to buy the season pass that is their prerogative and in this case worked out great for them as they have a choice at some new games and some great old games. They also end up paying less than having to buy the DLC separately when they launch. This is a great deal for those who know they will buy the DLC as they are a fan of the series. For instance I love the borderlands series and I bought the season pass for the last 2 games as I knew I would buy the DLC anyway saving myself about 10 quid at the time. Of Course it was cheaper after a while due to sales or what have you but that is the same for everything in life. Early adopters pay more for the ability to use it earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Cast you mind back to the days of cover discs on magazines, full to the brim with free DLC, add-ons and value added goodness. Huge additions for the cover price of a magazine. Those days are long gone, and it's because people are falling over each other to pay close to the price of the game a second time around for a handful of new maps, a few weapons and some pointless additions that add nothing to the value of the game.

Yes games cost a lot of money to make, but the titles that come with season passes are not typically the kind of games that struggle to reach a break even point. Committing to buy DLC before you even know the full extent of what it is is right up there with moronic pre-ordering of a game 3-6 months out from its release. Before a game even enters its final stage of development in many cases it's a good way towards turning profit, and if anyone thinks that's a good thing, they really don't understand the level of nonsense that goes on in boardrooms behind these titles. Need more resources to ensure the game works well? "Ah sure feck it, we're guaranteed a profit anyway based on pre-orders and guaranteed hype-driven sales, let's not spend the extra money, the game will do as it is. Let's focus on the next in-development money maker instead, and by the time that's out people will have forgotten all about the issues with this one"

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

COYVB wrote: »
    Cast you mind back to the days of cover discs on magazines, full to the brim with free DLC, add-ons and value added goodness. Huge additions for the cover price of a magazine. Those days are long gone, and it's because people are falling over each other to pay close to the price of the game a second time around for a handful of new maps, a few weapons and some pointless additions that add nothing to the value of the game.

Yes games cost a lot of money to make, but the titles that come with season passes are not typically the kind of games that struggle to reach a break even point. Committing to buy DLC before you even know the full extent of what it is is right up there with moronic pre-ordering of a game 3-6 months out from its release. Before a game even enters its final stage of development in many cases it's a good way towards turning profit, and if anyone thinks that's a good thing, they really don't understand the level of nonsense that goes on in boardrooms behind these titles. Need more resources to ensure the game works well? "Ah sure feck it, we're guaranteed a profit anyway based on pre-orders and guaranteed hype-driven sales, let's not spend the extra money, the game will do as it is. Let's focus on the next in-development money maker instead, and by the time that's out people will have forgotten all about the issues with this one"

I don't recall getting any significant amount of DLC with magazines covers, at least not with PC Gamer/PC Zone anyway.
    I remember demo's, trailers, patches, mods, utilites, drivers and game guides etc all of which was available free online anyway. DLC wasn't really a thing back then (or it wasn't referred to as DLC back then). Expansion packs where more the norm. There was some occasional small free DLC back then but thats the case now as well.

I have no problem with DLC, even day one DLC. I'm satisfied with the explanation developers and publishers give thats made from a seperate budget from the main game with its own expected profits (otherwise it would not be made) and its a good use of staff who torwards the end of a games development who would otherwise be idile. I don't begrudge them from trying to make more money, thats what these companys are in business to do. Also I have seen no proof has that proves content has been deliberately removed from a game to be sold as DLC. Call me navie but I prefer it to being endlessly cynical.

The only DLC I have issue with is placing DLC characters on the cover of your games when they are not included for free. (looking at you Guility Gear). Thats false advertising.

Pre-order DLC is obviously a ploy to get you to buy games before you know if its good or bad. Its a terrible idea to pre-order. Even without pre-orders given the amount of bugs in new releases, I think its a better idea to wait a while before purchasing new games. You avoid the hype at release and get more honest feedback over time, bugs may also be fixed. The only down side is you loosing out on cooler talk with your mates about the latest releases.

Not excusing developers from releasing buggy games. Its unacceptable and they should be roundly critized for it.

I do wish consumers would remember better and show some more constraint when it comes to buggy games, and hit publishers where it hurts by not purchasing the next game in the series if the previous entry was a buggy mess or at least waiting onto the game goes down on price.

"Ubisoft wants you to pay $200"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Never knew Tom Hardy was going to Sam Fisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Azza wrote: »
    I don't recall getting any significant amount of DLC with magazines covers, at least not with PC Gamer/PC Zone anyway.
    I remember demo's, trailers, patches, mods, utilites, drivers and game guides etc all of which was available free online anyway. DLC wasn't really a thing back then (or it wasn't referred to as DLC back then). Expansion packs where more the norm. There was some occasional small free DLC back then but thats the case now as well.
    That's because with PC DLC has always just been free user generated content. PC users could always modify their game content and add in whatever they wanted, whether that be new skins, models or sounds.

The console makers just took this idea and charged for it because consolers can't change their game files quite as easily as PC users.

I always laugh when I see things like a new gun or skin pack being charged for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone else get the email :D
    Share Your Thoughts!

Hello Assassins!

Thank you for playing Assassin’s Creed Unity.

Please help us make sure the next Assassin’s Creed game is even better by answering this short survey, and win a 10% off any single item at the Ubiworkshop!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Make it even better, like actually workings as it's ment to out of the box on day one. Basically they are treating consumers as play testers but instead of paying for proper playtesters they let us pay them full price to test their games for them.

I'm finished with Ubi now until they get their act together. If I want to play any of their games now I will wait till they about €30 and second hand so they won't be getting any more money from me. They are now worse than EA in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

People should avoid preordering games too.

Seems mad to me to decide to buy something without knowing what the finished product really is like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

People should avoid preordering games too.

Seems mad to me to decide to buy something without knowing what the finished product really is like.

You do realise you can cancel preorders before they ship?
    I'll cancel preorders if reviews or previews are dubious.

I'll preorder to avail of Amazon's preorder price guarantee.
    This means I'll only pay the lowest price the sold the game for between the date I order and the date they ship. Means I pay on average less than GBP 40 for new release on Xbox one. Amazon only charge you when they ship not when you preorder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Sorry, you're right.

I didn't really explain myself very well. You can of course cancel a pre-order before it ships if you see dodgy reviews. However more and more we see publishers creating restrictive review embargoes, with games having already shipped by the time reviews become available.

That definitely makes it far more difficult for consumers to make an informed choice by release date

http://kotaku.com/regarding-post-release-review-embargoes-yesterday-i-1657482663

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Having a bit of issue with co-op last night on PS4, any thoughts on the below:

My house mate and I got the play station plus 14 day free trail last night. Both loaded up ACU over the same UPC wireless network. Each time we tried to invite the other we would get a connection failed message.

We ran tests via the system settings and it said we were both on NAT 2 but he did get an error message saying he was on NAT 3 (Even though it still showed as NAT 2).

In the end we used one of our 4G phones to connect the PS4's to and we had no issues bar some very minor lag.

Because of this, I'm putting the issue down to UPC/the Modem. Anyone have similar issues before? Any idea how to fix?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

OmegaRed wrote: »
    Because of this, I'm putting the issue down to UPC/the Modem. Anyone have similar issues before? Any idea how to fix?

Do you know your way around the settings on the modem etc?

What you need to do is Port forward one of the consoles, place the other into the dmz of the router. You will need to set a static IP's for both consoles also

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://kotaku.com/6-7gb-assassins-creed-unity-patch-issued-to-fix-framera-1671872114

7gb patch rolling out.

added to the oher few this is not a game which should hve been released. its not even beta some of the things that are being fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭anonyanony

dreamers75 wrote: »

7gb patch rolling out.

added to the oher few this is not a game which should hve been released. its not even beta some of the things that are being fixed.

https://archive.today/o4pjU

For people that want to read the article without giving that site a click

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Holy crap 7 gigs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Holy crap 7 gigs ?

My thoughts exactly!

As if downloading my free copy of 'The Crew' wasn't enough :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

So has the patch actually fixed issues? I've a free night tomorrow so I wouldn't mind actually giving this a few hours!

7GB for an update!!

UBI Soft should be ashamed for having the game released in such a state even if this update does fix most of the issues.

I thought about purchasing this game when it was released but glad I didn't now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

well that 7gb patch won't fix the rubbish story unfotunately :(

Advertisement