Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed - Unity

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

calex71 wrote: »
    well that 7gb patch won't fix the rubbish story unfotunately :(

For those on Xbox One, with patch 3 installed and the disc version. Uninstall the game before installing the patch, then reinstall it and download the patch.

Otherwise it will prompt you to download a 40GB file..... the entire game. MS are looking into fixing it but for the moment do as I outlined above. Ubi can't seem to catch a break with this mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

7GB for an update!!

UBI Soft should be ashamed for having the game released in such a state even if this update does fix most of the issues.

I thought about purchasing this game when it was released but glad I didn't now.
    You're going to be downloading level and other updated assets, hence the size of the patch. It's nothing to do with specifically code-based bug fixes which would obviously be considerably smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

gizmo wrote: »
    You're going to be downloading level and other updated assets, hence the size of the patch. It's nothing to do with specifically code-based bug fixes which would obviously be considerably smaller.

when did this update come out, i only put one on last week, mind you i hadnt done anything on it since before patch 3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

tripperman wrote: »
    when did this update come out, i only put one on last week, mind you i hadnt done anything on it since before patch 3
    Yesterday I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

For those on Xbox One, with patch 3 installed and the disc version. Uninstall the game before installing the patch, then reinstall it and download the patch.

Otherwise it will prompt you to download a 40GB file..... the entire game. MS are looking into fixing it but for the moment do as I outlined above. Ubi can't seem to catch a break with this mess.

40gb? wtf

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    40gb? wtf

Yes some screw up with how MS are offering the patch it's forcing a full download of the game instead of just the 7gb patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

gizmo wrote: »

ah hops its the last, hope i dont lose all iv done so far im about 25% so far

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Anyone else's companion app reset?? mine did, f uc ked if I'm doing it again, app deleted.

Anyone else's companion app reset?? mine did, f uc ked if I'm doing it again, app deleted.

Companions app?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Companions app?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubisoft.assassin.unity.companion&hl=en

There's 1 for iOS too.

It's stupid tbh. It's a mini game but the part that bothers me is to access some of the chests in the game you HAVE to play that stupid little mini game and it's notorious for losing your progress.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubisoft.assassin.unity.companion&hl=en

There's 1 for iOS too.

It's stupid tbh. It's a mini game but the part that bothers me is to access some of the chests in the game you HAVE to play that stupid little mini game and it's notorious for losing your progress.

Do you need to get all those chests to platinum the game?

Before you asked I assumed you did to get the achievement but after some research it appears you don't so they can go **** themselves when I get back around to doing it :D

Here's a little helpful guide for that particular achievement/trophy:

http://www.trueachievements.com/a194067/curiosity-achievement.htm?showguides=1#

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cheer I won't be downloading it so, what a stupid unnecessary idea

Yes some screw up with how MS are offering the patch it's forcing a full download of the game instead of just the 7gb patch.

Any indication when Microsoft \ ubisoft will fix this!?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

There's 1 for iOS too.

They give you money and stuff and are totally pointless unlike the black flag app where you could help pals by sending ships to help. some of the better outfits are tied to the gold ones but all those unlocked for me just by playing the game, I gave up on the android app because compared to the actually game that crashed every time I sent out some assassins, so I deleted it.

No, you don't need the green or gold chests I've it platinum.

No, you don't need the green or gold chests I've it platinum.

Any trophy give you trouble?

Any trophy give you trouble?

Yes, the riddles drove me bonkers spent hrs trying to figure them out, finally gave in and went to you tube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Hey guys,

So with patch 4 installed last night I finally got stuck into a little multiplayer and I actually really liked it.

I was wondering if anyone on her wanted to share their PSN names and do some co-op mission in the coming days and weeks. I'd like to get additional skill points and some of the big co-op missions give out a lot but teams of 4 look like they are defiantly needed.

Will this 39gb ever go down to the correct 6.7gb?

• Advertisement

Will this 39gb ever go down to the correct 6.7gb?

I posted above how to avoid it , you uninstall the game then reinstall from the disc and it should offer the correct patch.

I posted above how to avoid it , you uninstall the game then reinstall from the disc and it should offer the correct patch.

but if you have a digital copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Game is €39 in Argos at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Hey guys, wondering if there's any differences in the 2 console versions? Eg; exclusive content or such?

I ask as the xbox one version is £25 and the ps4 version is £28 on Amazon. So all things being equal, I'd go for the Xbox version yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭anonyanony

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Hey guys, wondering if there's any differences in the 2 console versions? Eg; exclusive content or such?

I ask as the xbox one version is £25 and the ps4 version is £28 on Amazon. So all things being equal, I'd go for the Xbox version yeah?

X1 version ran way better pre patch anyway I would go with that

Anyone who was eligible to get the free Ubisoft game, you can claim it now from here:

https://acu.ubi.com/

Now the proud owner of 'The Crew' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Game is €39 in Argos at the moment

€32 on Amazon delivered. Seeing as patch 4 is out and with the RRP 50% off I will finally pick this up.

I'm free to sue so, I have the game thats still buggy and a 40gb patch from my digital copy, and no free game (bought it in late November)

• Advertisement

I'm free to sue so, I have the game thats still buggy and a 40gb patch from my digital copy, and no free game (bought it in late November)

Free DLC for people who bought the game. Free full game for people who owned the season pass.

Did you have the season pass or just the game?

Advertisement