Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed - Unity

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What gfree dlc do you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

What gfree dlc do you get?

The first DLC for the game which is 'Dead Kings'.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Free DLC for people who bought the game. Free full game for people who owned the season pass.

Did you have the season pass or just the game?

All I know is when I log in via that link I'm told I'm ineligible

Trilla wrote: »
    All I know is when I log in via that link I'm told I'm ineligible

You should know if you purchased the season pass or not? :confused:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You should know if you purchased the season pass or not? :confused:

dont think so, didn't come with the xbox one bundle (thats what i got ASU with)

• Advertisement

dont think so, didn't come with the xbox one bundle (thats what i got ASU with)

Yeah so then you'll just get the first DLC for free when it's released.

That link only you clicked that said ineligible was only for season pass holders.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Started this last night,took ages to download that feckin patch, enjoying it so far though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Pick it up 2 days ago as smyths and argos were selling it for 40 , I am really enjoying it so far and I have not been this wowed by the attention to detail since assassin creed 2 and brotherhood , some of the environments and inner house designs look so beautiful. weird texture pop ins on the characters themselves but it hardly destroying my experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Played a few hours on PC there. Doesn't seem to be as buggy but there are things still like the odd popping texture that kind of ruin the immersion for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

It's pretty woeful what's been going on with this game, I really hope sales are tanking forcing lessons to be learnt.

Still wouldn't mind this if it turns up on PS Plus sometime.

• Advertisement

Getting some of the cockades is a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

It's pretty woeful what's been going on with this game, I really hope sales are tanking forcing lessons to be learnt.

Still wouldn't mind this if it turns up on PS Plus sometime.

Lessons wont be learnt. They have dropped the price to 39.99 to somewhat combat this and the game is almost sold out everywhere. I picked up 2 copies this morning as xmas presents as they are cheap and the patches are coming constantly, so the are not ignoring the issues.

If they were looking for 59.99, I would not have bought 2 copies this morning, so it was a very clever move to drop it to 39.99. I think they may also throw in the first DLC free as a sorry for the state the game was in at launch.

I am not condoning the state the game was in, I was very annoyed this year for a number of games. Halo, The Evil Within, BF4 to name a few. It is a disgrace, but people are not going to stop buying games.

• Hilarious but true;

Spent the last 2 hrs trying to get two trophies Ransacking Versailles andMaster Architect and they glitched on me and never popped :mad:

22 on amazon atm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

All gold chests can be opened due to initiates being under maintenance

Finished it just there, won't platinum it though due too trophies glitching on me :mad: really enjoyed it though, great game only had about 3 crashes and no graphical glitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Finished it just there, won't platinum it though due too trophies glitching on me :mad: really enjoyed it though, great game only had about 3 crashes and graphical glitches.

That is annoying. But I'm glad to hear you had fun with it. I'm playing through Rogue at the moment and looking forward to Unity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Anyone know a shop that has this in stock for 50 euro or below? I ordered off amazon but they have sailed to deliver it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    Anyone know a shop that has this in stock for 50 euro or below? I ordered off amazon but they have sailed to deliver it.

Contact amazon and tell them you never received it, they should send you out a replacement or your money back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Contact amazon and tell them you never received it, they should send you out a replacement or your money back

Ye im planning to return it whenever it comes but dont want to wait another week or two to get it so im just going to buy it in a shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    Ye im planning to return it whenever it comes but dont want to wait another week or two to get it so im just going to buy it in a shop.

Check adverts.ie I picked it up on there for 45 still in plastic as well

Finished it just there, won't platinum it though due too trophies glitching on me :mad: really enjoyed it though, great game only had about 3 crashes and no graphical glitches.

Lucky man, I've had at least 6 missions ruined by bugs, we're I have to restart them. No elegant way of doing that either. I can live with the npc's appearing out of the blue and rising to the heavens, even the bad frame rate.

I want my money back!!!!

Hmm well i did start my play through after the 6 gig patch was released , maybe that had something too do with it, still pissed about the trophies blotching on me :mad:

Hmm well i did start my play through after the 6 gig patch was released , maybe that had something too do with it, still pissed about the trophies blotching on me :mad:

I encountered one bug today, character froze, well he could bend over with the left trigger but that's it... 3/4s through a mission. Pissed me off big time. Easiest way to restart is to sign out and sign in again. Joke

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I only started my playthrough after patch 4 was released and it's still buggy. NPCs just popping up out of no where, NPC gliding very fast past me with their legs not even moving. Every time I do a finishing move and then loot the body Arno's sword keeps spinning around in his hand making a constant fast forward swishing sound. 3 times Arno has just stopped moving for no reason and the controls won't respond anymore, I can still pause , look at the map etc but can't move or pan the camera around at all. Had to quit the game 3 times over that bug. Good game but sloppy and rough around the edges glad I only paid €25 for it. Don't know how this was released in such a state when they had 6 other solid games with no real bugs in them.

I only started my playthrough after patch 4 was released and it's still buggy. NPCs just popping up out of no where, NPC gliding very fast past me with their legs not even moving. Every time I do a finishing move and then loot the body Arno's sword keeps spinning around in his hand making a constant fast forward swishing sound. 3 times Arno has just stopped moving for no reason and the controls won't respond anymore, I can still pause , look at the map etc but can't move or pan the camera around at all. Had to quit the game 3 times over that bug. Good game but sloppy and rough around the edges glad I only paid €25 for it. Don't know how this was released in such a state when they had 6 other solid games with no real bugs in them.

Hey mate, i'm consistently encountering most of the issues above and its mega irritating.

Anything I can do about this at this stage folks, as in trying to get as much as I can from Ubisoft?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Anything I can do about this at this stage folks, as in trying to get as much as I can from Ubisoft?

I don't think there really is anything that can be done. Developers can release a game in any state they want, after that it's up to customers to buy it or not. If enough don't then they go out of business basically.

There was a legal action taken against Gearbox over the state of Alien Clonial Marines and false advertising but it didn't get anywhere.

Ubi are giving the first DLC (Dead Kings) away for free as a good will gesture and that's about it.

I don't think there really is anything that can be done. Developers can release a game in any state they want, after that it's up to customers to buy it or not. If enough don't then they go out of business basically.

There was a legal action taken against Gearbox over the state of Alien Clonial Marines and false advertising but it didn't get anywhere.

Ubi are giving the first DLC (Dead Kings) away for free as a good will gesture and that's about it.

ugh, sigh

I work in QA in a software engineering company and if there's a spelling mistake in our apps my ass is on toast! These fluckers are getting away with muder

anyways I hope Dead Kings isn't buggy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

in the last two days the game has completely crashed and I had to close the game by going to the shut down menu and select close application.There have been other glitches but they were fixed by using fast travel to another area. Apart from that I find the parkour is much better compared to previous games but I don't like how many customisation items are tied to club competitions

Advertisement