Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed - Unity

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just after setting up a boards one. Just look for club called BoardsIE

Just applied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Is this game fixed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Dayum wrote: »
    Is this game fixed yet?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just applied.

Accepted club application

Is this game fixed yet?

Seems fine to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Seems fine to me.

No, there are still aload of bugs and glitches. I've had to restart the game a few times because the controls stopped working. I've got stuck in the ground after leaps of faith. NPC change form and pop in from no where as you are looking at them. NPCs still glide around the place and start doing funny walks while gliding around.

No, there are still aload of bugs and glitches. I've had to restart the game a few times because the controls stopped working. I've got stuck in the ground after leaps of faith. NPC change form and pop in from no where as you are looking at them. NPCs still glide around the place and start doing funny walks while gliding around.

I had one issue after just five minutes with the game. A cutscene didn't start and I lost control of my character. Had to quit out.

Apart from that NPCs doing weird things isn't that big a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Applied to club

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Apart from that NPCs doing weird things isn't that big a deal.

It is when it's the 8th installment of an IP that is basically copy and paste with a lick of paint every year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

But it's not the same technology underneath. It's a brand new engine running on relatively new hardware (in the case of the consoles).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Is this game fixed yet?

I picked this up for £22 on Amazon for the PS4. After waiting for PSN to drag down the 6GB update at a snails pace on my 120MB UPC line (having to restart it a few times until it exceeded 100kbps) I got to try it out and it crashed after the prologue.

Technically the game is a mess. Bugs abound; NPCs do weird things, some of the post processing effects don't turn off properly, loading times are horrid, the frame rate is... ugh, and the game likes to crash frequently, seemingly at random.
    It's crashed at least every time I've played it.

But - the game is kinda fun. It feels like old school AC without a lot of the additional crap that the New World games added. You're an Assassin again in a beautiful city with character. The assassination missions are about sticking a knife in a guy and I haven't seen any of that awful eavesdropping ****e yet. I've enjoyed failing and retrying missions for the first time since AC1. In Black Flag the missions were either so dull or the controls so frustrating that I just gave each mission a 1 star rating and turned the game off in disgust. Unity's controls are better, not perfect, but better. Arno gets stuck less and you can run down a alley without grabbing onto a windowsill. The addition of upwards and downwards free running is a positive step.

So this is a new engine and a new AC. The engine looks great but runs like crap. A new engine on new hardware is always going to be tough but the current state of the game is pretty inexcusable. But it is a proper AC game which is welcome.

Killinator wrote: »
    Applied to club

Accepted

5uspect wrote: »
    In Black Flag the missions were either so dull or the controls so frustrating that I just gave each mission a 1 star rating and turned the game off in disgust. Unity's controls are better, not perfect, but better. Arno gets stuck less and you can run down a alley without grabbing onto a windowsill. The addition of upwards and downwards free running is a positive step.

So this is a new engine and a new AC. The engine looks great but runs like crap. A new engine on new hardware is always going to be tough but the current state of the game is pretty inexcusable. But it is a proper AC game which is welcome.

I played Unity before blag flag (a newbie to the AC games) and hated the controls. Not sure I can even play the game after playing ACU. As bad as ACU was it had its fun and easy to play moments. Black Flag seems to be very finicky in terms of controls

I think they really need to bring back the Brotherhood mechanic from AC Brotherhood. It was great being able to call in your Assassin recruits to help take out enemies. It was so effective and looked awesome.

They should also bring back the hookblade from Revelations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is this game fixed yet?

I started playing mine after Patch 4 and I've had no problems yet besides random NPC glitches

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I started playing mine after Patch 4 and I've had no problems yet besides random NPC glitches

No enemies randomly appearing?
    No hay trailor jump fails?
    No annoying fails when trying to jump through a window?
    No freezing?

You my friend got an extra special patch it seems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

I think they really need to bring back the Brotherhood mechanic from AC Brotherhood. It was great being able to call in your Assassin recruits to help take out enemies. It was so effective and looked awesome.

They should also bring back the hookblade from Revelations.

QFT

Arrow storm FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Trilla wrote: »
    No enemies randomly appearing?
    No hay trailor jump fails?
    No annoying fails when trying to jump through a window?
    No freezing?

You my friend got an extra special patch it seems :)

Nope,
    Nope,
    Yes, but mistakes like this are constant in AC games :pac:
    And nope not once so far,
    There was one thing where the corners of the screen went black when I ran up walls but a quick reload and it fixed it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I am really enjoying this.

Only issue I have run into so far is that one cut scene did not trigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Dead Kings DLC is up on the marketplace now, clocks in at 7.68GB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

calex71 wrote: »

And free right?

logik wrote: »
    And free right?

Oh I should have mentioned that important detail, yes free for all as they promised. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

calex71 wrote: »

how long is it staying up for free and can you download without finishing unity?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Nope,
    Nope,
    Yes, but mistakes like this are constant in AC games :pac:
    And nope not once so far,
    There was one thing where the corners of the screen went black when I ran up walls but a quick reload and it fixed it :D

Lucky man!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are there trophies/achievements with the new dlc?

Are there trophies/achievements with the new dlc?

Yes there are actually.

Achievement / Trophy List for Dead Kings

Defender of Franciade 50G , Bronze
    Complete Suger's Legacy and recover the Eagle of Suger.

Liberator 25G, Bronze
    Free every outpost in Franciade.

Reign of Terror 25G, Bronze
    Kill 5 enemies at the same time with a Guillotine Gun.

Freedom Fighter 20G, Bronze
    Kill 15 Raider leaders.

Hydrogen Bonded 30G, Bronze
    Achieve 100% synchronization in Dead Kings.

Fraternité! 50G, Silver
    Complete the Heist and the Co-op mission in Dead Kings at least once.

Secret Achievements
    Peace of Eden 100G, Gold
    Complete Memory Sequence 13.

I too am enjoying my time with Unity. Plus it gets better the more time you invest with it. Unlike some past AC games there is a reason to get involved in the in-game economy. Building up your equipment and skills is absolutely necessary.

In past AC games you could complete the game with the starting weapons and not worry about taking on large groups of enemies at a time. But the combat in Unity is subtlety changed so that fighting groups is much harder. Or fighting high level enemies is very hard too.

I'm not in agreement with locking certain skills away such as double assassinations but the equipment upgrades are handled well. I've never thought too hard about them in the past but now I'm keeping an eye on what I want to buy and upgrade. Tackling high difficulty missions without being prepared is an exercise in frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Tackling high difficulty missions without being prepared is an exercise in frustration.

This 100%. Only got the game last week, have been enjoying it so far. Played Sequence 5, Mission 2
    La Halle Auc Blés
    last night, and my god I wasnt prepared. I must have died about 10 times before getting anywhere.

• Advertisement

This 100%. Only got the game last week, have been enjoying it so far. Played Sequence 5, Mission 2
    La Halle Auc Blés
    last night, and my god I wasnt prepared. I must have died about 10 times before getting anywhere.

Yeah preparation is key, I completed the game and always restocked my supplies before starting a mission. For equipment I always looked for gauntlets that gave me more phantom blades and pouches that gave more smoke bombs and medicine along with added health. I used the phantom blade more than the gun as its perfect for stealth
    Do the crowd events as I unlocked the master Phantom coat from doing them.

Advertisement