Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed - Unity

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Yeah preparation is key, I completed the game and always restocked my supplies before starting a mission. For equipment I always looked for gauntlets that gave me more phantom blades and pouches that gave more smoke bombs and medicine along with added health. I used the phantom blade more than the gun as its perfect for stealth
    Do the crowd events as I unlocked the master Phantom coat from doing them.

12 smoke bombs
    5-8 health packs

drop bomb press attack button bash, take health when needed, rinse repeat

grab the book, letter, chalice, item

leave area

yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Really enjoying this game. Its alot of fun. I think the hair and Lip Syncing is some of the best I have seen to date. The game does look beautiful and I am not experiencing game breaking frame drops, There has been a few glitches but nothing game breaking. Coop is so much fun, although stealth goes out the window more often than not with assassins just charging into areas and murdering everything that moves.

The free DLC is scoring high on the reviews, 8/10 in most cases. All in all, the game was a joke when it was released but it is ok now and alot of fun to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I haven't tried any co-op missions yet.

Anyone playing this on PS4 want to join up and try some co-op?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I haven't tried any co-op missions yet.

Anyone playing this on PS4 want to join up and try some co-op?

I should be on tonight after 7 just send me an invite through the game as we are part of the BoardsIE club.

I should be on tonight after 7 just send me an invite through the game as we are part of the BoardsIE club.

Will do. I won't be playing till around 8.

If you do happen to see me on earlier it is just me putting the game on and earning money in-game. I get over 10,000 livre every twenty minutes now. I played for about 2 hours last night but had the game on for about 5 hours. I just collected the money every hour using Remote Play on VITA.

• Advertisement

Will do. I won't be playing till around 8.

If you do happen to see me on earlier it is just me putting the game on and earning money in-game. I get over 10,000 livre every twenty minutes now. I played for about 2 hours last night but had the game on for about 5 hours. I just collected the money every hour using Remote Play on VITA.

Handy way of making money. some of the paris stories and social club missions earn 50,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Had a look at the Xbox One smartglass app on my phone and spent 69 hours so far playing this game :eek: Started the last main storyline mission last night and it should be finished sometime today.

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Had a look at the Xbox One smartglass app on my phone and spent 69 hours so far playing this game :eek: Started the last main storyline mission last night and it should be finished sometime today.

Yeah, I am just finished a 75+ hour run of Dragon Age and started this the other day. I can see how easy it would be to sink another 70+ hours into this game and with the free DLC, makes for a great game.

logik wrote: »
    Yeah, I am just finished a 75+ hour run of Dragon Age and started this the other day. I can see how easy it would be to sink another 70+ hours into this game and with the free DLC, makes for a great game.

I finished the game and I still have paris stories and murder mysteries to do. Completed all the nostradamus Enigmas using a guide and they took at least 2 hours to do. Some stories don't appear on map even after synchronising all viewpoints so use helix points which you can get for free as part of uplay rewards for the game and purchase a time saver pack which reveals all stories.
    you can get packs that reveal chests and cockades and nostradamus enigmas but ignore the enigma one as it only reveals start points that can be uncovered via sync viewpoints

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

2 funny clips I recorded in last nights AC Unity.

1st clip the guy must have had a heart attack and clip 2 I accidentally use my AI buddy has a bowling ball.

• Advertisement

2 funny clips I recorded in last nights AC Unity.

1st clip the guy must have had a heart attack and clip 2 I accidentally use my AI buddy has a bowling ball.

Haha that first one gave me a good laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

Bought the xbox one assassins creed bundle. Hadn't played assassins creed in a few years. Really enjoying black flag at the minute, nearly finished. Havnt downloaded unity yet. Is it better than blag flag? Tbh I've heard a lot of mixed things about unity such as it being glitchy or even unplayable at times. I think I'd like to give it a try it's just the long download time is going to be a killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

DJ90 wrote: »
    Bought the xbox one assassins creed bundle. Hadn't played assassins creed in a few years. Really enjoying black flag at the minute, nearly finished. Havnt downloaded unity yet. Is it better than blag flag? Tbh I've heard a lot of mixed things about unity such as it being glitchy or even unplayable at times. I think I'd like to give it a try it's just the long download time is going to be a killer!
    Bugs aside, I think Unity is way better than Black Flag IMO.

Unity is a much better game visually and it is nice to return to such a dense city setting. However, AC IV is a more fun game to play. I like the naval aspects of the game too.

The story in both are equally weak though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

Unity is a much better game visually and it is nice to return to such a dense city setting. However, AC IV is a more fun game to play. I like the naval aspects of the game too.

The story in both are equally weak though.

totally agree with you its great to get back to the real ac roots in a city but blag flag was great fun with the ship battles, i still put on the 360 to play it, i cant understand the modern story line in unity at all!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

tripperman wrote: »
    totally agree with you its great to get back to the real ac roots in a city but blag flag was great fun with the ship battles, i still put on the 360 to play it, i cant understand the modern story line in unity at all!!

Black Flag did a good job at not being an Assassin's Creed game. All the naval combat and stuff should have been its own IP. A game about Piracy with its own lore and play style would have been great. Instead all those good ideas got tacked onto awful eavesdropping missions and maybe an assassination if you were lucky.

The controls in black flag aren't great imo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Trilla wrote: »
    The controls in black flag aren't great imo

Controlling a ship frustrated me so much

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Controlling a ship frustrated me so much

It was still easier than getting whatshisname to navigate a narrow street without grabbing for a windowsill.

What do you guys think of Dead Kings?

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    What do you guys think of Dead Kings?

I found it alright, took only 2 or 3 hours to complete. The guillotine gun is alright but nothing special. There are puzzles also but I just used a guide for them. Stealth is a big part of some of the missions (if you are trying to get 100% sync). The story is set after Unity but some of it doesn't make sense
    Arno going against Napoleon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

After a few months of putting it off, I finally started Unity properly. About 5 sequences in, and I'm definitely enjoying it. Controls are still a bit iffy, but the fighting is improved. It was pretty easy to just jump in and take on 20 guards at a time, where now a bit of tactics are needed, at least at my current point in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

Just started the game. 3 sequences done. It looks great and no bugs yet so hopefully it continues that way

I finished the main story and the DLC over the weekend. I actually really enjoyed it. I had no bugs as such, bar once instance when the whole game crashed back to the dashboard. There's still some control issues, but that's more the whole series rather than this particular entry.

Now I just need to finish off the Paris stories, the riddles and some of the investigations. I don't think I will have the patience to do the other collectibles.

Is there any more DLC due for this? I know the China one is coming but that seems to be a different game in that it's a 2.5D game rather than extra levels/areas for Arno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Finished off the DLC there, that actually would have been worth spending money on. It was certainly more interesting in both story and gameplay than a lot of the main game. I'd go as far as saying it should have been the plot of the main game as it was far more in keeping with previous entries to the series.

I actually liked the fact you could kill the captain and his goons would flee. Would have been an excellent in the main game if they were harder to get to and not so easy to pick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Finished playing Dead Kings and it was very very enjoyable.

Spent 97 hours playing the game so far :eek: Still have plenty of chests to open and side missions to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Great News! You no longer need to use the companion app to open the blue chests. They're automatically open for everyone after the latest update now :D

http://www.totalxbox.com/83172/assassins-creed-unity-patch-unlocks-companion-app-rewards/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lol I think I might go back and open the rest of those chests now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Crap :D

Last post back in February. Well here's a long shot. Anyone on the Xbox One up for doing a run on the co-op stuff?

Need to get...

Visited Once82 (30)
    Complete all Co-op and Heist missions in Paris at least once.

Never Say Die15 (10)
    Revive a partner in Co-op.

Choreography18 (10)
    Perform 10 Co-op sync kills.

I can do some of the stuff I need in missions on my own... I have Heads Will Roll, The Food Chain and Moving Mirabeau done already. I'll be seeing what other stuff I can do solo as I'm playing.

GT - Pushtrak

Edit: I just checked and that was just the co-op missions section. I also have some of the Heists done....

Tithing Templars, Catacomb Raider, The Party Palace are done.

Edit 2: Not sure how likely this is to be seen but didn't want to double post. I've been tipping away at it and have done a lot of the missions solo now. I'll definitely need help to do The Infernal Machine. I'm trying two last ones from the main game, The Tournament now, the other 5 star tomorrow. I'll also try the Dead Kings co-op one tomorrow.

Advertisement