Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed - Unity

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

Anyone play this or syndicate lately ? Are they still Crap? Only two games Iv missed in the series

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

brady12 wrote: »
    Anyone play this or syndicate lately ? Are they still Crap? Only two games Iv missed in the series

Syndicate was excellent....this is still the worst of the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

playing it now not enjoying it, just to have the modern day story. will be straight onto syndicate as soon as the story is over. I will not be playing after to get all the collectibles and all that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Syndicate is brilliant and unity isn't crap it was just marred with bugs and technical issues on release, I really loved both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Syndicate is brilliant and unity isn't crap it was just marred with bugs and technical issues on release, I really loved both.

I played Unity well after release, i called it terrible based on terrible gameplay, horrific story and generally overwhelming levels of 'wow this is not fun'.

It's like they took everything that was good from Black Flag and decided to get rid of it. Like the dev said" you liked countering with the hidden blade, lets get rid of that. You liked an exciting world to explore, noooo can't be having that. Here, bet you liked climbing too, let's make that torture and as for art style, grey grey with brown highlights"

• Advertisement

Remember they had you rate missions when you finished them in the older games???? I'd love to see the results but I'd say most people mashed buttons to get them out of the way unless it was really bad. Wonder how much of that "feedback" shaped the later games :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Polar101

Played both only recently.

Both games suffer from the old style AC controls - usually you fail a mission because you got stuck on a railing or jumped up the wrong wall. Both have amazing environments - London looks great as does Paris. Big fan of the huge crowds in Paris too.

Unity has some of those dreaded eavesdrop/follow missions, which I can't say I enjoyed at all. Syndicate has decent protagonists, Unity has an AC3 style angry young man.

Really enjoyed Syndicate. Unity isn't as bad as they say (IMO), but it does have its flaws, especially in the gameplay sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭quokula

I actually much preferred Unity to Syndicate. I got it around launch when everyone was complaining about bugs but I never came across any other than things like the odd AI character clipping through some terrain or whatever which has existed in every AC game up to and including Valhalla.

I thought it was a great game, Paris is still by far and away the best setting AC has visited in my opinion, the city was a joy to explore and the atmosphere was great and I enjoyed playing through the story. Obviously it lacked all the ship stuff of Black Flag, but the traversal was a step up and it had some really good stealth gameplay picking your way around varied exterior and interior locations, sometimes on rooftops, sometimes up in the rafters of large buildings, sometimes carefully moving from room to room at ground level, which was much more fun than just forever using tall grass like the previous game (and much of the current ones for that matter)

I really looked forward to Syndicate and it built on Unity but I thought the grappling hook that they added just broke the gameplay, as you basically teleported your way around the place avoiding everything and removing a lot of the fun both of exploration and of figuring out how to get around stealthily. It also had multiple horse and carriage missions which were annoying because they were absolutely no fun to control, and all of those repetitive copy paste missions where you keep having to go to these cookie cutter generic factories to do the same tasks over and over again to gain control of areas - AC has always had an element of that but Syndicate seemed like the worst and most obvious offender.

Advertisement