Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed - Unity

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

• Registered Users Posts: 29,759 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hahaha brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,759 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Crazy new trailer....MACHINE GUNS!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,948 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hadn't much of an interest in this until that trailer. Now my interested is piqued! Still getting Rogue first, but will definitely be picking this up sooner than i thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ubisoft are having a livestream event on Friday and if you RSVP you get free dlc on launch. You don't have to watch the stream, I think( Stream on at 2am Irish Time)

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/assassins-creed-first-look.aspx
    twitch-pack.png

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 18 luckycharmnp

looks class. can't wait for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Not available on steam?

Abstergo f**k yourselves Ubisoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Given the level of promotion GAME are giving them in the UK, I'd wager it's another exclusivity deal similar to what THQ tried awhile back with Space Marine. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Crazy new trailer....MACHINE GUNS!

Wow. I wonder if that's a cutscene or if different time periods will be available during the game.

I've always thought they were missing a trick by not including Singularity-like gameplay in AC, where actions in one time-period can change events in the other (so kill someone in the past and an enemy disappears in the present, hide loot in the past and you it's a treasure to pick up in the present etc...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

That trailer with the ww2 segment was a major spoiler. Would have preffered to have found out about that through playing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

CatInABox wrote: »
    Not available on steam?

Abstergo f**k yourselves Ubisoft.

This only applies to the U.K. I just checked my Steam, and I can pre-order Unity and Far Cry 4.

If there is a deal done with GAME UK, then it might be a timed deal and these games could appear on Steam a week or two later.

OK I've decided what I'm doing as regards AC. Going to play the Adeline DLC fo Black Flag and complete the BF campaign to 100% sync. Get Unity loaned from a friend and buy Rogue for the PS4 when it gets it's inevitable PS4 release sometime next year.

Also would like to add after seeing what Rocksta have done on the PS4 with GTA 5 Ubi have no excuses whatsoever. Need to get the finger out or more people will loan their games or by them second hand a few months later for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I would have got this day 1 if GTA was not coming out

GTA is one of my fav franchises so I gotta get GTA

then when Im finished with gta its gonna be between this or farcry

will see which game gets the better reviews im not mad on AC but do enjoy playing it then trading it in when done there not games I would go back to once I have finished it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

That trailer with the ww2 segment was a major spoiler. Would have preffered to have found out about that through playing :(

Would have preferred you didnt spoil it for those that didnt watch the trailer... :mad:

Assassin's Creed: Unity is available again on Steam for pre-order.

EDIT: As is Far Cry 4.

Gameplay from IGN

if you know you're going to get Unity there is absolutely no need to watch gameplay or trailer.s just spoiling the experience .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    if you know you're going to get Unity there is absolutely no need to watch gameplay or trailer.s just spoiling the experience .

yeah I heard ubi themselves streamed about an hour of the opening of the game

WTF! why bother playing that hour if youve seen it all blehhh Im not into it

thats like the movie trailers showing the first 45mins then you pay in to see the rest LOL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,227 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

This is out tomorrow in the US and Thursday here and I'm still seeing no reviews anywhere? Is there an embargo until release day or whats the story?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was tempted to get this but then I remembered I didnt finish black flag yet :o so I better hold off, also farcry 4 next week \0/

Smyths have the game down as 54.99 on their website, 69.99 every other place. Not sure if this is final as most other games are down as 64.99

• Registered Users Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Going to hold off, Ubi do some good deals around Christmas and I'll not be playing it soon anyway.

I was tempted to get this but then I remembered I didnt finish black flag yet :o so I better hold off, also farcry 4 next week \0/

don't forget to buy the freedom cry dlc for black flag. it's very good. also rogue on the ps3 is like a sequel to black flag. However that will likely come to ps4 within the next 6 months.

Reviews will be out today at 5pm GMT. So far, I am hearing about a lot of problems with performance on all platforms and many bugs. Does not bode well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The worst thing I've heard about the performance issues is that the Day 1 patch (around 900MB) has not fixed these issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Falthyron wrote: »
    Reviews will be out today at 5pm GMT. So far, I am hearing about a lot of problems with performance on all platforms and many bugs. Does not bode well :(

Thought they would have learned form creed 3.ready for a play after Xmas so.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Lots of performance issues on all platforms, but it looks be sporadic. Some PS4s run the game absolutely fine while others do not. Same applies to Xbone units and PCs.

At least some of the reviews coming out are good. So when the game actually plays correctly it seems to be worth it. I'll probably wait until issues are fixed though.

• Advertisement

7/10 from GameSpot, citing an underdeveloped opportunity to explore this particularly fascinating time in history, but the graphics and feel of Paris is excellent.

Kotaku (for the first time ever) are recommending you skip this year's Assassin's Creed.

7.8/10 from IGN.

Advertisement