Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed - Unity

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Now, gone are all the really cool mini puzzles and genuinely interesting stories. I still remember how awesome and oddly kinda creepy the glyph puzzles were in AC2

I remember them. "The Truth" and "Subject 16", They really were excellently put together and you could tell that a lot of thought went into them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Has this been posted in here yet? Apologies if it has. This is absolutely hilarious, ubisoft will be surely winning the worst company award instead of EA this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not had any major issues so far, what is annoying me is stuff that is tied to the companion app and optional mission / challenges not being very clear, actually not in screen at all so far. I've had to google those ffs :mad:

Very hard to get into, the game feels from the outset like it's got nothing new and is giving you the finger and handicapping you for the sake of it, eagle vision is very bad , cool down aside, it's worthless for pointing stuff out at the minute, I know it can likely be upgraded, but 8 or 9 games in why bother doing that ?????

As for the present day stuff I've had 1 cut scene so far, that was all I needed to realise that they should stop trying to put that in and just say here is how the templars and assassins used to go at it, pretending there is a modern day story now is just insulting players

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

So... Lost my save with over 50 hours of game time logged on xbox one. Had 3 or 4 pieces of legendary armor, best sword and rifle, every viewpoint synchronized, every social club unlocked, every mission done in Caffe Theatre and few more things...

My game decided to crash to dashboard while i was adding people to the club and then when I started the game again I had a "pleasure" of watching intro again and now I have to start everything from scratch.

Aeghnor wrote: »
    So... Lost my save with over 50 hours of game time logged on xbox one. Had 3 or 4 pieces of legendary armor, best sword and rifle, every viewpoint synchronized, every social club unlocked, every mission done in Caffe Theatre and few more things...

My game decided to crash to dashboard while i was adding people to the club and then when I started the game again I had a "pleasure" of watching intro again and now I have to start everything from scratch.

Long shot but delete the local save and let it sync from the cloud ? Maybe it wasn't over written :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

calex71 wrote: »
    Long shot but delete the local save and let it sync from the cloud ? Maybe it wasn't over written :(

It was... I don't know if i have patience to farm all that stuff again. I was only at the start of sequence 4 in the story but... My stuff... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

It's well messy. Thankfully there's loads out or I'd be well pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Cancelled my Amazon preorder yesterday. Luckily this was a staggered global release and i was able to cancel berfore it shipped. There's enough to keep me entertained playing Mordor and Lords of the Fallen until Dragons Age is released.

I was looking forward to Unity, enjoyed Black Flag and the details on new coop looked interesting, but ubi messing around with dodgy review embargoes and changing game play mechanics measns I'm skipping this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

I preordered at tesco and apparently you have to give a weeks notice to cancel. Gutted, as this game looks a mess at the moment. Will probably stick it on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

edgecutter wrote: »
    I preordered at tesco and apparently you have to give a weeks notice to cancel. Gutted, as this game looks a mess at the moment. Will probably stick it on adverts.

Did you order it online or in store? If online, distance selling regulations apply.

• Advertisement

Guys whats the story with the blue chests? I did the missions on my phone today and got one but I can't just go and open it myself I have to wait 24 hours for one of my assassins to open it :confused:

Guys whats the story with the blue chests? I did the missions on my phone today and got one but I can't just go and open it myself I have to wait 24 hours for one of my assassins to open it :confused:

Just leave it for a while mate, that's what I'm doing. The game is clearly broken.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Just leave it for a while mate, that's what I'm doing. The game is clearly broken.

I've no issues at all with the main game, noticed some frame rate issues at the one part of the glitches video in my game, but no getting stuck or falling through the world or anything like that.

Co-Op however is broken can't get a game just sits on a black loading screen and I have to dashboard out.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Likewise haven't had any major issues, one or two spots the frame rate dropped for a few seconds and some derpy npcs but nothing that bad. Played some private co-op earlier today with a friend and it was brilliant, tried out heists and missions, can't wait to play them more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Got stuck in mid air after jumping out a window once and another glitch where it looked like everything bar my character fell through the floor bug but apart from that the game has run fine. The boring as hell combat system is whats ruining it for me tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Venom wrote: »
    Got stuck in mid air after jumping out a window once and another glitch where it looked like everything bar my character fell through the floor bug but apart from that the game has run fine. The boring as hell combat system is whats ruining it for me tho :(

Is it still square, square, square, square, square, square, square, counter button, square, square, square?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I don't think they have a clue where their going with the story in present day. What's the story with the present day in Unity? is it following on from when Desmod died and Minerva and all that Craic, black flags present day was just poor as F_ck. reply to me in spoiler talk

There's not much of it. There's actually considerably more in Rogue than Unity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

J. Marston wrote: »
    [/B]
    Is it still square, square, square, square, square, square, square, counter button, square, square, square?

Counter kills and using enemy troops as human shields abilities have been removed so its just attack/parry/repeat/get shot by npc/chug heal potion and repeat over and over and over. It's a major step backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Counter kills and using enemy troops as human shields abilities have been removed so its just attack/parry/repeat/get shot by npc/chug heal potion and repeat over and over and over. It's a major step backwards.

yeah the combat is a step back from black flag, i prefered been able to use the enemy solider as a shield againts rifle shots in combat, anyone else find the free running easyer in unity when going up and down buildings and from roof top to roof top??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Very bizarre. Was there a reason given by the AC team for doing this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

There's a campaign gaining steam to boycott Ubisoft. What a mess they've got themselves into....I'm loving every second of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Lost save game in sequence five. twice now. dont know what to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I dunno if this was posted yet, but well worth a look

Ok I after all my saying I had no issues I finally fell though the map for the 1st time today :D

really though (playing on xbox one) I am still not seeing what makes this unplayable, the story is another matter but really it's no worse in terms of bugs or odd things happening than many other games I've played over the years, touch wood certainly nothing that blocks progress or actually breaks the game.

I still think there is a huge amount off ill will towards Ubisoft after watchdogs, thats being refocused to this game, I'm not trying to defend them at all, like I said the story at this point is beyond bad / being able to laugh at it and sure there are some technical flaws with AC:U bit the hyperbole and hysteria is a bit much imo and largely being cheered on from the same corners of the internet that would argue black was white etc even if the game was perfect.

Ok I after all my saying I had no issues I finally fell though the map for the 1st time today :D

really though (playing on xbox one) I am still not seeing what makes this unplayable, the story is another matter but really it's no worse in terms of bugs or odd things happening than many other games I've played over the years, touch wood certainly nothing that blocks progress or actually breaks the game.

I still think there is a huge amount off ill will towards Ubisoft after watchdogs, thats being refocused to this game, I'm not trying to defend them at all, like I said the story at this point is beyond bad / being able to laugh at it and sure there are some technical flaws with AC:U bit the hyperbole and hysteria is a bit much imo and largely being cheered on from the same corners of the internet that would argue black was white etc even if the game was perfect.
    . I agree that there's a lot of ill will towards the game, but the fact is it's just not enjoyable playing a game that you're expecting to mess up at any moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Good to hear,I might get it to play over Xmas so

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Been playing this non stop since Friday and can only second this - it's another AC game, looks amazing and has the same level of glitches as any of the other AC games. The level of hated is kind if mystifying

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Bought the Killed By Science Mission and a weapon from uPlay rewards. Anyone know if it's auto added to the game as it didn't download from the xbox market, I can see them in xbox market but it just says bundle only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Sesudra wrote: »
    Been playing this non stop since Friday and can only second this - it's another AC game, looks amazing and has the same level of glitches as any of the other AC games. The level of hated is kind if mystifying

It's not mystifying. It's the ground they're running their company into....they're not giving 100% and f*cking the customer over. Calex is on Xbox...no idea what you're on....but PC has been given the two fingers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

cursai wrote: »
    Lost save game in sequence five. twice now. dont know what to say.

Anyway to avoid this happening? Its happened to me twice in Sequence 2 :(

Advertisement