Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture gone... :(

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

NewHomie wrote: »
    Hey all, thanks for help and replies :)

We were told all items in the house were included at the time we paid the deposit.
    If it was the EA that told you, you should have got it in writing as anything that an EA says may not be true - many EAs have a disclaimer that the purchaser should satisfy themselves as to the quality of any statements made by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Anything that was said to you before the contracts were signed doesn't mean Jack, I'm afraid. EA's will tell you almost anything to secure the sale, so I'd take what they say with a huge pinch of salt. The fixtures and fitting left by the vendor are supposed to be listed in the contract as others have already pointed out. What can't speak, can't lie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Also if you are in dublin, Irish Liquidators on the Belgard road sell good nick second hand stuff and display washing machines etc.
    Plan on going to them next time Ive to rent my place out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

As a lot have stated above contents must be listed in the contract. Our solicitor advised a final viewing with the EA the day before closing to ensure the house was in the condition as stated in the contract. In our case we wanted no contents. We checked the house and found it had half been cleared. There was stuff in kitchen presses and in the attic and the vendors had agreed to no contents in the contract. In this case we're going to try deduct the price of a skip from the price paid to the vendors' solicitor. If you had agreed furniture and it wasn't present at the final viewing there is time to negotiate replacement furniture or a cash alternative.

Advertisement