Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco 3925 router as access point with UPC Horizon

Options
  • 19-03-2014 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm sure it's been asked a hundred times, but I cant find it.

Is it possible to use my older 3925 router as my main access point instead on the crappy Horizon box? I've tried cable to the Horizon box and then Ethernet to the Router but the wifi signal I pick up from the router has no internet access.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think (not certain) that UPC have to turn it off on your horizon and enable your old 3925. They do it remotely.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

beauf wrote: »
    I think (not certain) that UPC have to turn it off on your horizon and enable your old 3925. They do it remotely.

Ok, maybe this makes sense, our current feed from the small white UPC box has 2 outputs, I was hoping to use just one of these for the Horizon box and one of these for the BB.

One is for radio. What you need is a splitter on the TV out side. One to the router and one to the horizon box. Thats how iI have it set up but with a TC7200. But I can't use the horizon box for BB. So I assume they enable one box only for the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

beauf wrote: »
    One is for radio. What you need is a splitter on the TV out side. One to the router and one to the horizon box. Thats how iI have it set up but with a TC7200. But I can't use the horizon box for BB. So I assume they enable one box only for the account.

I just called their tech support, Girl said she can activate our 3925 router again and de-consolidate the Horizon box for BB, You sure one is just for radio? she made it sound like I will be able to use one for BB and one for TV.

No idea. Try it I guess. Even with your horizon box.

• Advertisement
Advertisement