Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinary nursing

Options
  • 19-03-2014 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi
    Is there a site in ireland where vet nurses from ireland can talk and have doscussions?
    Shauna

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

I'd like one too. There is a Facebook page set up by the IVNA student liaison officer for vet nursing students in all colleges but it's not a discussion site.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 shaunamona

I'd like one too. There is a Facebook page set up by the IVNA student liaison officer for vet nursing students in all colleges but it's not a discussion site.

It's a shame :( vetnurse.co.uk is brilliant. I trained as a nurse in Northern Ireland but now work in ireland and would love to talk with other nurses about their experiences etc

I don't know how a person goes about starting a forum here in boards but it would be a good place to start I think. There are quite a few veterinary nurses here already

I don't know how a person goes about starting a forum here in boards but it would be a good place to start I think. There are quite a few veterinary nurses here already

I must look into I'd really like one

Thanks a million
    How long have u been nursing?

I only qualified last year and I'm doing an add on year in practice management. I work with a vet on Saturdays in a large animal practice. What about you?

• Advertisement

Cool. I am retaking my practicals in September. I work in a vets in arklow now doing maternity cover. Whilst training in Northern Ireland I worked in a Linux in Lisburn. I really love it but find nursing here so different to Northern Ireland

Sorry what's a Linux? :-) How does NI differ? So many questions!

Lol darn predictive text lol it was meant to be a clinic lol

Dunno if it's just the 2 different places I've worked are so different or what

In my clinic in Northern Ireland nurses were nurses damn good at nursing skills and could do things on their own, but here it doesn't seem to be that way.

Don't like to say much on a public forum lol

Might be the clinic you are in though? I've worked with some very skilled nurses but from what I've seen practices vary a lot!

Oh crikey no I don't mean they're not skilled nurses that I'm working with or anything. They're so knowledgable! But it just seems they're not allowed to be nurses. I think it just is that I came from somewhere so straight that u only did what the royal college said u could do. So it's just a culture shock

• Advertisement

That's interesting all right. So is it the OSCEs you are doing in Sept? Any idea what to expect?

Yeah it's the OSCE. Yeah well used to the blinking things now. I just go to pieces by the time I get to England to do them. I need to pass them this time

Oh God you poor thing having to go to England. I nearly crashed into someone on a roundabout the morning I did mine I was so distracted thinking about them.

Advertisement