Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SlimDrivers - What do you guys think?

Options
  • 19-03-2014 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I recently upgraded my PC with a new motherboard and after re-installing everything I was getting frequent bluescreens which I believed were caused by driver issues. I couldn't be bothered going through all of the realtek website to find drivers that were hidden unnecessarily so I did some research and I found this program:

https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php

It seems to actually do a great job, so I was wondering if anyone else here has and experience with it? If so, what do you think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

I recently upgraded my PC with a new motherboard and after re-installing everything I was getting frequent bluescreens which I believed were caused by driver issues. I couldn't be bothered going through all of the realtek website to find drivers that were hidden unnecessarily so I did some research and I found this program:

https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php

It seems to actually do a great job, so I was wondering if anyone else here has and experience with it? If so, what do you think of it?
    I use it a good bit and it's good, the only downside is it sometimes gives an updated driver that's older then the one installed, but other than that it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ThePandaboy

Use alot on my own laptop and other tools great piece of software and its free. But as 200motels it can give you a driver that sometimes isn't as up to date as the current but other wise love it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pauricrushe

driver pack solutions is a better option and you dont need internet access so its handy when you don't have the wifi or Ethernet adapter driver installed

Advertisement