Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lolita fashion

Options
  • 20-03-2014 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

is there any community for the lolitas in cork city ?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Could you explain please what is "lolita fashion" ??

father-ted-careful-now.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 51,799 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Lolita fashion (ロリータ・ファッション Rorīta fasshon?) is a fashion subculture originating in Japan that is based on Victorian-era clothing, but the style has expanded greatly beyond Japan.[1] The Lolita look began primarily as one of modesty with a focus on quality in both material and manufacture of garments. The original silhouette is of a knee length skirt or dress with a "cupcake" shape assisted by petticoats, but has expanded into various types of garments including corsets and floor length skirts. Blouses, knee high socks or stockings and headdresses are also worn.[2] Lolita fashion has evolved into several different sub styles and has a subculture that is present in many parts of the world.

Wiki about it

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Everything has a name now. Oh I did see two girls going through town one day dolled up like this but other than that not too sure..

Seems an awfull lot of effort but fun

• Registered Users Posts: 42 chloe90

I've seen them too but i think they're just straight goth lol if were talking about the same people , eh about the same effort as putting on fake tan and taking loads of time to look like a whore on weekends

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Ah ok , so its a bit like cosplay / a manga type of look ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Your best bet might be to get in contact with UCC's Sci-Fi society. They show anime as well as Sci-Fi. They also go to a lot of the Sci-Fi and anime conventions around the country. I don't know if there's a group in Cork that does Lolita but there are definitely cos players who go to the conventions (Eirtakon and Q-Con in Belfast being two big ones.) If you could find people at them I'd say you'd find a couple of people involved with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 jdawson

Emily_und_Florence_-_Karusell.jpg

Couldn't help but think of these two :pac: Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,038 ✭✭✭Doge

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Your best bet might be to get in contact with UCC's Sci-Fi society. They show anime as well as Sci-Fi. They also go to a lot of the Sci-Fi and anime conventions around the country. I don't know if there's a group in Cork that does Lolita but there are definitely cos players who go to the conventions (Eirtakon and Q-Con in Belfast being two big ones.) If you could find people at them I'd say you'd find a couple of people involved with it.

Funny you mention that, as Cork's very first Anime & Sci-fi Convention is happening on Friday the 28th (next week.) in U.C.C.

https://www.facebook.com/KaizokuCon

It will run for the whole weekend.

Advertisement