Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 3), March 21/22, 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Athlone really need to get some points on the board now, this probably their best chance in the next few weeks. Lose here and they could be in a big hole after 6 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Would be nice to keep a 3rd cleansheet, shall be a tight game. Would love to nick a win, but will take a point, Turners cross is hard place to go.

Finally get to go to first game of the season

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bohs v Shams is a 7.05 kick off

Nothing to see here

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Bohs v Shams is a 7.05 kick off

I don't think so.

It's not on TV? Sligo is the TV game on Saturday.

Edit: checked my ticket and it says 7:45?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Pat's V Limerick is the TV game on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I might start putting down "the games are on at some time on one of the days at the weekend..maybe, hopefully." to cover the changes :)

anncoates wrote: »
    I don't think so.

It's not on TV? Sligo is the TV game on Saturday.

Edit: checked my ticket and it says 7:45?
    Sorry you're right, someone had said it on the predictions thread :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

monkey9 wrote: »
    Pat's V Limerick is the TV game on Saturday.

**** me, I just don't get it with RTE at all.

Why on earth would they show Pats-Limerick when you have 2 much better games in Bohs-Rovers and Sligo-Dundalk? Both games would translate very well on TV too with cracking atmospheres, instead they pick a poor Limerick side with a game that'll probably only get 1000 people due to it being on Saturday. Absolutely stupid, they really couldn't give a **** what they show, and are just pandering to that contract.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Three very winnable games in the next 3 weeks for UCD. Think 7 points should be the minimum we're aiming for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Athlone are in big trouble already if we don't get something this week i feel, could be fighting an uphill battle all year otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Waterford don't seem up to much this season, hopefully Sullo is back from injury come Friday while O'Connor is back from suspension.

Game at Dalymount will hinge on what side Croly picks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bray will be tricky. NO sure 3 points. Win would be great start to season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Going to head to Phibsboro tomorrow to check out that match. How much is it into Dalymount these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

http://bohemianfc.com/?page_id=231

Have to admit its a strange one to put our match on telly when there is the Bohs-Shams match and Sligo-Dundalk match this weekend aswell. Should be a relatively easy win for us but I thought that last week and it didn't turn out that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

15 euro will be the admission but if you're a student/senior you get a comped ticket. Should be a great atmosphere.

Omackeral wrote: »
    15 euro will be the admission but if you're a student/senior you get a comped ticket. Should be a great atmosphere.

Yes, I'm looking forward to it, bringing a few lads from work before we hit the town, thought it would be a good game to bring a few first timers to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I'd say Athlone won't get anything against UCD. Might head over to the game...

On a vastly more important note, Town need to get over last weeks loss and hammer Wexford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Yes, I'm looking forward to it, bringing a few lads from work before we hit the town, thought it would be a good game to bring a few first timers to.

Absolutely no finer fixture to make a debut at. Shamrock Rovers will have Luke Byrne on their team, who was with Bohs last year. Should make for an extra bit of spicyness, not that it needs it. Are you going in with Rovers or Bohs?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Absolutely no finer fixture to make a debut at. Shamrock Rovers will have Luke Byrne on their team, who was with Bohs last year. Should make for an extra bit of spicyness, not that it needs it. Are you going in with Rovers or Bohs?

Bohs all the way, myself and another lad are lapsed Bohs fans, work session on in town tomorrow night, convinced about 5 or 6 lads who moved up to Dublin recently enough to come along to the match first for the craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Small article I did on the Bohs Rovers rivalry for The LOI Blog - http://www.theloiblog.com/NewsStory.aspx?n=1154

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Small article I did on the Bohs Rovers rivalry for The LOI Blog - http://www.theloiblog.com/NewsStory.aspx?n=1154

Meh article tbh, the proper derbies used to be the Ringsend derby of Shels/Rovers and then Drums/Rovers as the Northside/Southside thing if memory serves me right from reading stuff of the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Theres a decent bar under the stand.

Bohs all the way, myself and another lad are lapsed Bohs fans, work session on in town tomorrow night, convinced about 5 or 6 lads who moved up to Dublin recently enough to come along to the match first for the craic!
    hopefully you get some of this :)

205785_205280616161129_100000375766034_624837_4981279_n1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

It's a joke that Bohs v Rovers isn't on tele.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

massive trouble in roddyland by the looks if it (not my screenshot)
    1012078_10201383411580215_1366585767_n.jpg

according to our forum Gerard Doherty also has to find another club and he apparently told a player he only wanted a 1 year contract as he wants to win the league and be back managing in england next year, the players should share his ambition

edit: well roddy never fails to make things interesting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

hopefully you get some of this :)

205785_205280616161129_100000375766034_624837_4981279_n1.jpg

Cracking pic.....!!

I have a good feeling about tomorrow!

frimpong wrote: »
    It's a joke that Bohs v Rovers isn't on tele.

Ironically some of the best derbies (for both clubs) down the last few years weren't on the telly. Plus the atmosphere at those games never comes across as well on RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Infairness about the telly, every club should get a chance no point in having the same clubs on the telly everytime

Bohs v Rovers on telly can be let downs from the games I remember and do the image of the league no good

• Advertisement

Very few people look at a Rovers Bohs game on TV and think they want to be part of that compared to the people that go along to the game and experience it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

anncoates wrote: »
    Very few people look at a Rovers Bohs game on TV and think they want to be part of that compared to the people that go along to the game and experience it.

If that game was on TV at a time that didn't clash with the Shels game I would definitely watch. I'd say it would appeal to most neutral LOI fans too. Naturally I'm not arsed with Pats v Limerick half as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

dfx- wrote: »

Drogheda United v Derry City - Hunky Dorys Park

back to good old United Park again dfx. Hunky Dorys are gone. Probably take the media a year or 2 to catch up but might as well get it right here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hope you enjoy the game lads.

Been busy with college work that I've not had much time to get myself geared up for the game.

No reason why we can't continue on this unbeaten run against Rovers particularly since our squad is the best it's been in a while.

Another 4-0 is the least I expect... :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

That_Guy wrote: »
    Hope you enjoy the game lads.

Been busy with college work that I've not had much time to get myself geared up for the game.

No reason why we can't continue on this unbeaten run against Rovers particularly since our squad is the best it's been in a while.

Another 4-0 is the least I expect... :pac:

I know we could do with the fans, and a good entertaining game would be great for Royal Seahawk and his buddies, but give me a 1-0 win with a **** scrappy goal and the ****test game you've ever seen and I won't stop smiling for the rest of the weekend...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

UCD game hardly be on any radio station or that?

• Advertisement

Nerves kicking in, can't wait for tonight!

back to good old United Park again dfx. Hunky Dorys are gone. Probably take the media a year or 2 to catch up but might as well get it right here!

yeah but we all preferred Hunky Dorys Park, such a honest, traditional name, only bettered by City Calling Stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ah, I was wondering why they didn't sell any Hunky Dory's crisps in the shop up there.

Spiteful bastards. ;)

Weather down here is crap. Hopefully still get some decent crowd tonight.

Would be great to get 3,000 but might be optimistic in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Weather down here is crap. Hopefully still get some decent crowd tonight.

Would be great to get 3,000 but might be optimistic in that.

Sun out now, its so mixed.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Sun out now, its so mixed.

will get over the rain once wind does not pick up..would ruin a game

Was really nice in Dublin earlier but it's been pretty rainy the past while. It was always more fun when the Rovers fans got soaked in the Connaught Street side...

Woeful weather out in maynooth, just got soaked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

721 days undefeated, 5 league games unbeaten and only 1 conceded in those games.

Worried about tonight as we're not the massive underdogs we've been for the last few years.

Byrne is in for a torrid time, might swing it in our favour.

Another pigs head perhaps..

I'd be more concerned about Byrne as a full back than the crowd's reaction. He didn't have a great game against Derry.

dfx- wrote: »
    Another pigs head perhaps..

I'd be more concerned about Byrne as a full back than the crowd's reaction. He didn't have a great game against Derry.

He's promising as a player and can be very good at times. He's very much prone to the occasional shocker of a game though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Colm O'Muirí ‏@finsceal93 1m
    Bohs and Rovers fans clashing before the game, just people looking for a fight who don't care about the game #LOI

Gerry deane ‏@gerry_deane 5m
    All kicking off in dorset street. Guards knocking the bollix out of either bohs or rovers.
    #StreetTheatre

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Kick off delayed by 15mins at Dalymount.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Colm O'Muirí ‏@finsceal93 1m
    Bohs and Rovers scum clashing before the game, just people looking for a fight who don't care about the game #LOI

Someone is going to get seriously hurt one of these days. Only a matter of time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement