Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 3), March 21/22, 2014

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

dreamers75 wrote: »
    http://www.shedendinvincibles.com/apps/blog/

and 10 page thread about it on the pats forum.

Just reading through the statement. Fair play for standing your ground :)

But since I don't know the whole background, did you ever try to convince the club to replace them broken seats? Or are you accused of breaking them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Wasn't much in it despite the sending off at the start. Disgusted to lose at the death. Dundalk should have had Horgan sent off in the second half too.

Three points dropped to a poor team two weeks in a row. Not good.

was delighted with the team selection but game was ruined by the red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

anncoates wrote: »
    Ultras on strike. Oman being brutal. McCormack being a makeshift full back and no doubt sulking. Quigley stealing a wage.

Are Pats 2014 Rovers 2013? :pac:

Quigley played better for us in 2 games than he did in a year for you, yeah oman is oman.

Massey scored tonight taught the lad everything he knows :pac::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Quigley played better for us in 2 games than he did in a year for you,.

Hopefully he has no weddings coming up. :pac:

lol did you read his cringe worthy excuse in the mail? about that.

I was thinking please stop talking.

lol did you read his cringe worthy excuse in the mail? about that.

I was thinking please stop talking.

He's a waste of talent. The league is littered with them. An ounce of brain and they'd be in England. Honestly glad to be rid of him even if he's a sweet player when he wants. Give me Killer or Shep any day.

His issue is from 2008 he felt he should have went over with Fahey, Fahey put in the effort and got the move. Quigley never put in the effort for us was quality but still lacked that proper effort factor,since then he has drifted was decent with Sligo tho.

From 06 to 08 imo he was our most lethal player, from what i have seen in few games he has played he looks up for it, I think he will do very well for us. Bear in mind our best players ever have all been discarded from other clubs for whatever issues. its like our thing take the scraps and make them heroes.

I have a bet on him being POTY.

From 06 to 08 imo he was our most lethal player

Remember him all to well from then. Genuinely thought he'd make the magic plane. Can see what you mean about the bounce. Players like Brennan take the piss at one club and then pull it out at the next. Don't care what Quigley does. No fan in this league would forgive him for doing what did on our biggest game of last year.

He broke one of our players legs...............A lot of pats fans will never forgive him for that, it was sickening.

210510-2.jpg

He broke one of our players legs...............A lot of pats fans will never forgive him for that, it was sickening.

210510-2.jpg

Remember it. He was at Bohs then? All I'm saying is that some players stole a wage. I'd happily end up being 5th again then pay them as a member.

Remember it. He was at Bohs then? All I'm saying is that some players stole a wage. I'd happily end up being 5th again then pay them.

yes bohs the jersey gives it away :p

All LOI players steal a wage and you decided to pay over the odds for players who didnt perform. Thats not the players fault thats the clubs fault and with yourselves you have the built in expectation. Biggest club 17:24 Europa league etc:

Way it is now I used to love Rice from rovers he was all action and little skill but the ****er played for his jersey. Now i wouldnt want him because we have better. Rovers discarded him when he was clearly the one player no matter the wage worked his balls off for 200 quid and 1500 quid.....didnt seem to matter to him.

All LOI players steal a wage and you decided to pay over the odds for players who didnt perform. Thats not the players fault thats the clubs fault and with yourselves you have the built in expectation. Biggest club 17:24 Europa league etc:

But now you're now the flavour of the month and the maggot attractant. Let's see if Bucko can reign in the poison crew.

As for wages, I'd assume you'd need higher attendances than present to justify Fahey...

But now you're now the flavour of the month and the maggot attractant. Let's see if Bucko can reign in the poison crew.

As for wages, I'd assume you'd need higher attendances than present to justify Fahey...

Yup we flavour of the month and we earned that spot, no expectation we earned the title of Champions on the pitch with no drama. What pats have won was always earned.

Fahey not being paid by pats a normal LOI thing tis 1200 a week and he chose to play for us. Mad that players choose to play for us when better money on offer elsewhere.

im sure your 400 club have it in hand........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

210510-2.jpg

Wasn't that match on Setanta? I don't remember him getting a red either. I remember Fenlon subbing him off right after?

PS: We are sh*te. Qualifying for Europe will be a major achievement this season.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Oat23 wrote: »
    Wasn't that match on Setanta? I don't remember him getting a red either. I remember Fenlon subbing him off right after?

PS: We are sh*te. Qualifying for Europe will be a major achievement this season.

Yep, you're 100% correct. Just got a yellow.

yes bohs the jersey gives it away :p

Way it is now I used to love Rice from rovers he was all action and little skill but the ****er played for his jersey. Now i wouldnt want him because we have better. Rovers discarded him when he was clearly the one player no matter the wage worked his balls off for 200 quid and 1500 quid.....didnt seem to matter to him.

Probably would have kept rice in the squad myself but like you say, there was better players there and he wanted to play more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Quigley's waste of his own talent has been bloody criminal.

Even at Rovers, when he actually, he was on a different level to everyone else. I first saw him start against Bray - we thrashed them 7-1 and it was just the Mark Quigley show. True, Bray were piss-poor, but he ran the game from start to finish behind Killer. That's what's so frustrating about him: when he wants to play, Quigley is head and shoulders above virtually everyone in the league, but he just doesn't push himself.

There are lads with far less talent who bust a gut and take their jobs as players seriously. I didn't resent the likes of Billy Dennehy having his confidence shot, Stephen Rice not being quite good enough as a passer, or Derek Foran's clumsiness. Hell, even when James Chambers was being royally humped by the black dog last year, he had the stones to turn up and try. But Mark Quigley, Eamon Zayed, all those lads who waste their talent thanks to their bad attitudes, make my blood boil.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

geeky wrote: »
    Quigley's waste of his own talent has been bloody criminal.

Even at Rovers, when he actually, he was on a different level to everyone else. I first saw him start against Bray - we thrashed them 7-1 and it was just the Mark Quigley show. True, Bray were piss-poor, but he ran the game from start to finish behind Killer. That's what's so frustrating about him: when he wants to play, Quigley is head and shoulders above virtually everyone in the league, but he just doesn't push himself.

There are lads with far less talent who bust a gut and take their jobs as players seriously. I didn't resent the likes of Billy Dennehy having his confidence shot, Stephen Rice not being quite good enough as a passer, or Derek Foran's clumsiness. Hell, even when James Chambers was being royally humped by the black dog last year, he had the stones to turn up and try. But Mark Quigley, Eamon Zayed, all those lads who waste their talent thanks to their bad attitudes, make my blood boil.

The year Quigley was with us,he bust a gut in every game he played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The year Quigley was with us,he bust a gut in every game he played.
    Same with Derek Foran. I thought he was great when he was with us. One of the few shining lights in an awful season for us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Oat23 wrote: »

Look who's in charge behind Quigley. No doubt he stood over the restart to stop a quick re-take, meanwhile demonstrably booking several players who said boo to him.

Quigley was magnificent in two games last season, one against Bray and away to Shels before he was sent off. He was incredible for 65 odd minutes then lost it..

Pighead wrote: »
    Same with Derek Foran. I thought he was great when he was with us. One of the few shining lights in an awful season for us.

Thought Foran was OK with Rovers. Bit rash sometimes but nowhere near as bad as people make out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Thought Foran was OK with Rovers. Bit rash sometimes but nowhere near as bad as people make out.

Agree here. For the first third of the season, I considered him one of our best performers. I heard he tailed off very badly at the end mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Wouldnt be so harsh on Foran to be honest, I think he had a very good half season and then was rotated a bit, similar to Shep who when gathered a bit of form was dropped.

I'd certainly rather him as back up than have him at Pats. I'd also much rather him to Oman. Foran has the pace to recover from mistakes, Oman doesnt.

Ledwith was another who was similar to Foran. Had some very good games but seemed to be dumped for Powel, Billy D and O'Connor. I think it's a sign of Crolys poor man management skills rather than the player. Buckley and Bara could make very good players out of them both.

2 penos for Dundalk so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bookies knew, Rovers were touching 4/6 in places last night, 11/10 at around 7 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

& both 100% deserved!
    We're a poor side according to at least one man on this site ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Bookies knew, Rovers were touching 4/6 in places last night, 11/10 at around 7 today.

I assume they seen the line ups.

That midfield wouldnt have made it as our second string last season, let alone starting a semi final. Baley hasn't learned a thing about keeping his mouth shut, he also kicked out at someone by the looks of it. Kelly did absolutely nothing and was hauled off, along with Robinson going through the motions, coming short looking for the ball and then simply passing it back and turning his back on play.

Can still see us pulling things back if we start a proper starting 11.

Ebbs wrote: »
    Wouldnt be so harsh on Foran to be honest, I think he had a very good half season and then was rotated a bit, similar to Shep who when gathered a bit of form was dropped.

I'd certainly rather him as back up than have him at Pats. I'd also much rather him to Oman. Foran has the pace to recover from mistakes, Oman doesnt.

Ledwith was another who was similar to Foran. Had some very good games but seemed to be dumped for Powel, Billy D and O'Connor. I think it's a sign of Crolys poor man management skills rather than the player. Buckley and Bara could make very good players out of them both.
    Nobody will be making a good player of Ledwith. If we could pay him up now and let him go I'd be happy with that.

Foran is ok. Nothing more. Better on the ball than some in the league but poor in the air and caught out fairly often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

That was some decision by the ref In the pats v Limerick game. How did he not give a penno

& both 100% deserved!
    We're a poor side according to at least one man on this site ;)
    Ye were poor on Saturday despite playing with more players for the entirety and getting favourable decisions from the ref all night.

I will concede that beating a Shamrock Rovers team containing Bayly and Robinson in a competition nobody really cares about definitely makes you world beaters.

Jesus how bad are Rovers?

We should have scored at least 3 or 4, They were shocking, we wernt much better ourselves though

Oh Biggest club in Ireland we are told, They were obvs all on holidays tonight!

le la rat wrote: »
    That was some decision by the ref In the pats v Limerick game. How did he not give a penno

Fair enough he doesnt give a peno, but he gives a goal kick meaning he thinks Mc Cormack knocked it out so Limerick lad didnt win the ball :confused:

Have yet to watch Soccer Republic prolly wont either.

But twitter is hilarious during it.
    Brendan Clarke ‏@BrenClarke1
    ****n left back??
    Ger O'Brien ‏@gerramia
    Go home Jimmy your drunk!!
    Dodge ‏@seidodge
    ****ING LEFT BACK!!!
    Daniel McDonnell ‏@McDonnellDan
    I presume Babaz Livingstone wasn't properly registered to make that Pat's XI on @SoccRepublic
    Dodge ‏@seidodge
    He had Tommy Dunne (centre half) in midfield, Ronnie Whelan (forward) in midfield, Oso on right, Fahey on left and Eddie LEFT ****ING BACK
    Eoin ‏@EoinDaly67
    That has pissed me off big time Aberdeen win a cup with 2 former LOI and they talk to Jon Daly who's playing against painters every weekend

Have yet to watch Soccer Republic prolly wont either.

But twitter is hilarious during it.

possibly the worst TV show, EVER, and thats been kind

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Ye were poor on Saturday despite playing with more players for the entirety and getting favourable decisions from the ref all night.

I will concede that beating a Shamrock Rovers team containing Bayly and Robinson in a competition nobody really cares about definitely makes you world beaters.
    Playing V 10 players behind the ball for 80 mins can be difficult at times you know? I never said we were World beaters but you said -
    ....Three points dropped to a poor team two weeks in a row. Not good...
    You believe Dundalk are a poor side.

The two Rovers beaten at their own grounds on Saturday & a Monday hardly makes us a poor side!! :D

Playing V 10 players behind the ball for 80 mins can be difficult at times you know? I never said we were World beaters but you said -

You believe Dundalk are a poor side.

The two Rovers beaten at their own grounds on Saturday & a Monday hardly makes us a poor side!! :D

If Dundalk are poor, Sligo and Rovers are very very bad

Thus far we have been worse than very very bad. Shams played Bayly and Robinson so obviously are going to be terrible.

Dundalk are poor. Disappointed not to beat them even the way we've been playing and with ten men.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I wouldn't be judging Dundalk on that game after another brainless selection from Croly. Cornwall centrehalf, a debut keeper, Robinson booked after 4 minutes and Bayly. Dear oh dear. Excellent finish by Zayed.

Again 45 minutes wasted fixing the original mistake. As Finn and McCabe came on, Rovers looked much more likely, so if he picks the right eleven for the 2nd leg there's a chance.

Had Dundalk done the job in the first half, they should already be through.

dfx- wrote: »
    I wouldn't be judging Dundalk on that game after another brainless selection from Croly. Cornwall centrehalf, a debut keeper, Robinson booked after 4 minutes and Bayly. Dear oh dear. Excellent finish by Zayed.

Again 45 minutes wasted fixing the original mistake. As Finn and McCabe came on, Rovers looked much more likely, so if he picks the right eleven for the 2nd leg there's a chance.

Had Dundalk done the job in the first half, they should already be through.

And we created a good few chances in the 2nd half too.

Who knows what will happen regarding team selection as both sides meet again just 4 days later in a crucial LOI match also at OP.We also have an extra bit of an advantage thanks to the two away goals we scored last night.

All to play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Sligo and Dundalk fans, hows Spillane and Horgan started for ye so far?

Corholio wrote: »
    Sligo and Dundalk fans, hows Spillane and Horgan started for ye so far?
    Horgan was an unused sub for Dundalk V Sham Rvrs last night.
    Played well on Saturday v Sligo although very lucky to be on the pitch at the end following a clash with John Russell.
    Played out of his skin v Limerick and was my MOTM in that game.
    Should be doing better& slowlie getting there and should be peaking soon.Very good on-field attitude,always looking for the ball.

Spillane is brutal. Hopefully we can ship him out when Peers gets fit.

To be fair, the 2 league games either side are more important than last night. 3 games in a week is stupid. Croly resting some of our best players after a tough game Friday. Setanta should go to one legged ties if it survives this year.

Soccer Republic cringe last night. It's basically "OK so Alex McCleish that was a Dublin derby. Tell us about playing old firm games"

You'd wonder is it better to let it tank so clubs have no more restrictions on broadcasting fan coverage.

Lorcan still plays for us, 1st time i have seen him in ages.

Balls only seen 2nd half and fancied us next leg, 2-0 might be a bit much.

Sligo missed some sitters tho, we still look disjointed but think we be fine once we settle on an 11.

We looked better with 10 than 11 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Big Bucks

Balls only seen 2nd half and fancied us next leg, 2-0 might be a bit much.

Sligo missed some sitters tho, we still look disjointed but think we be fine once we settle on an 11.

We looked better with 10 than 11 :/

Ya was strange that we showed little or no impetus when ye went to 10. In saying that we probably could have scored 4 or 5 before that. Reckon it will still be tight in the overall tie given our horrendous reckon in Richmond.

Lorcan still plays for us, 1st time i have seen him in ages.
    He the left back? Can see why you haven't seen much of him.

Disappointed we didn't kill the tie.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    He the left back? Can see why you haven't seen much of him.

Disappointed we didn't kill the tie.

Depending on injuries, i think we may be fine.