Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please

Options
  • 20-03-2014 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum?

I'm just about to finish off my last assignment but I can't for the life of me find any relevant information to the next question so I was hoping people here could help please?

What role data processing have in wages, sales and recruitment?

I'm really lost lads..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

carzony wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right forum?

I'm just about to finish off my last assignment but I can't for the life of me find any relevant information to the next question so I was hoping people here could help please?

What role data processing have in wages, sales and recruitment?

I'm really lost lads..
    Have a think about it logically, what data processing takes part for the above mentioned items and how does it free up people from doing the same task over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nimbus

Data processing needs data...!

Creating a database for everything is the answer just google software for payroll, crm etc !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I'm still lost.. google just comes up as ''data processing jobs available'' lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

I'm still lost.. google just comes up as ''data processing jobs available'' lol...

Not sure anyone here will want to give you the answer. But think of it like a cake recipe. The ingredients is the Data and the recipe instructs you how to Procees all the ingredients so you'll have a finished cake. Each recipe is different so you can use a different one dependant on the ingredients (Sales, wages, recruitment) you have.

If you think of that analog and apply it to the actual data you get you should be able to give a practical example for each and describe its role

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

First and foremost, you are doing google wrong! :P

Basically you need to think of data as being useless. Data is only useful when it is used with other data to create information. An extremely simple example would be payroll (Where it all began!). A payroll employee could manually process the pay for each employee based on paper records and a calculator... OR... a payroll employee could have a system that does this using employee data. Examples of employee data as it related to payroll would be hourly wage, hours worked, tax bracket, bonus earned etc. All of this data is useless on its own. You can't do much with a standalone piece of data. However, a system can be designed that uses multiple relevant pieces of data to create information (or the salary of the employee for that month). You just need to think about the needs of the department and what individual pieces of data it would require in order to create information.

As the question has been put to you in such a broad sense, I doubt they will be looking for an analysis of how complex data analysis can be used in business decision making or anything. Just keep it to simple data requirements for each department and how these can be used in a system to automate tasks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement