Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Published Pricebooks for ireland

Options
  • 20-03-2014 4:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Can someone please enlightment me regarding what is the most recognised pricebook for Irish Construction? I'm aware of Spon's but is that only UK or do they also cater for an Irish edition?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

sash88 wrote: »
    Can someone please enlightment me regarding what is the most recognised pricebook for Irish Construction? I'm aware of Spon's but is that only UK or do they also cater for an Irish edition?

Thank you
    Is say the SCSI is your best location for literature like this. The IEI and ACEI might be also worth a shout for civil engineering queries. Although the only thing a book like SPONS has been good for the last 5 years is as a doorstop. Rates have meant nothing and I honestly don't know how some contractors are working for what I'm told they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

sash88 wrote: »

Thank you
    Sadly there is no Irish edition of Spon's and there never has been. There is no pricebook for the Irish construction industry and never has been. The Irish Construction Industry always kind of looked to our neighbours for matters like this. Long overdue that there is a guide published specifically for this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

Dazzler88 wrote: »
    Sadly there is no Irish edition of Spon's and there never has been. There is no pricebook for the Irish construction industry and never has been. The Irish Construction Industry always kind of looked to our neighbours for matters like this. Long overdue that there is a guide published specifically for this country.

this is incorrect. Spons brought out an irish book a numebr of years ago with the last edition (3rd) introduced in about 2010 as per the link below but I dont believe it was ever updated

http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415456371/

kkelliher wrote: »
    this is incorrect. Spons brought out an irish book a numebr of years ago with the last edition (3rd) introduced in about 2010 as per the link below but I dont believe it was ever updated

http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415456371/

My apologies I was not aware such a book existed. Is it something that you have used? I had not heard an Irish edition being mentioned until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

Dazzler88 wrote: »
    My apologies I was not aware such a book existed. Is it something that you have used? I had not heard an Irish edition being mentioned until now.

I have never used it as its a fairly easy process to work up your own rates based on local costs once you know what your doing. I have never being one for accepting the same rate for a particular item across the board so I have never had much use for the price books. They are very useful at giving an uderstanding at what goes into rate calculation but the cost of the books are generally off the wall.

• Advertisement

I have never used it as its a fairly easy process to work up your own rates based on local costs once you know what your doing. I have never being one for accepting the same rate for a particular item across the board so I have never had much use for the price books. They are very useful at giving an uderstanding at what goes into rate calculation but the cost of the books are generally off the wall.
    I would have to agree with you there, I never used price books as don't really see them as an accurate price guide, I see different prices for certain trades on every job. Just googled the book there and it costs £210 to buy, definitely too expensive for what it is worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

True, plus price lists and tables don't reflect actual market rates, and don't allow for the competitive nature of tendering for business. For use as guide use only.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement