Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velux Windows.

Options
  • 20-03-2014 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Does anyone have a rough idea of how much would it cost me to have a Velux Window (excluding cost of window)installed in my flat roof kitchen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

On Donedeal,there are two people selling velux windows in Cork.One is for €120 here without flashing.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/windows-for-sale/velux-window/6594131

The other person is selling two for €200 inc.flashing here.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/windows-for-sale/velux-roof-windows-x-2/6560004

I would think a good handyman could fit it for ~€150-€200 so I would say all in around ~€350.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cathorio

Ryes, you are a star...thank you kindly.��

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Somewhat related, where would ya get a telescopic pole for opening/closing a Velux about 20 feet from ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Veluxes dont do welm on flat roofs. Afaik min pitch is 13 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭churchtown2012

velux.jpgdepends on the type of roof covering you have on your roof i.e felt, pvc membrane etc. I would advise not putting a velux on a flat roof unless you get a upstand built up on the roof first but you can buy rooflight for flat roof,s but it will still need a upstand installed 150mm minimum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cathorio

Wow!!!! Cheers Churchtown!! Everyone has been so kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭churchtown2012

velux 2.jpg....this would be the other option its a velux designed for a flat roof...but security is not great with these so you may want to wire a alarm system to it

Advertisement