Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DCU Msc in Computing

• 20-03-2014 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I am a Non EU student and have been offered a place in the MSc in computing course at DCU for september 2014. Please give me some information about their placements and reputation of the course..
    like average salaries the Post grads get?
    how many get placed in the big companies like Google, Microsoft or Facebook?
    What is the placement percentage for EU and Non EU students?
    Reputation of the course around the world?
    Also, If anyone knows what is the class size for Msc in Computing please tell me.

Any help is appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 foFox

Hi, I am a Non EU student and have been offered a place in the MSc in computing course at DCU for september 2014. Please give me some information about their placements and reputation of the course..
    like average salaries the Post grads get?
    how many get placed in the big companies like Google, Microsoft or Facebook?
    What is the placement percentage for EU and Non EU students?
    Reputation of the course around the world?
    Also, If anyone knows what is the class size for Msc in Computing please tell me.

Any help is appreciated.:)

Salaries depend on how much you know and your experience, no one will give you a specific offer just based on the degree you have, no matter how good it is. It is impossible to predict what the offer you are going to get is. Software Engineering recruitment is more portfolio/experience based. I would not look at averages,
    as you might overestimate or underestimate how much you are worth, simply ask yourself, can you give them something they want, and how much you think its worth ?

There are many people working at large companies around Ireland that used to go to DCU and for example did the CA degree for 4 years.

Reputation... well DCU is not exactly MIT or Stanford. So you would be fooling yourself if you hope that people know of DCU in California, same applies to any Irish university. Does it make it a bad course ? No. College is about learning not getting a piece of paper, so if you are willing to put in work and do more than the curriculum requires you to do, you won't need to use the reputation of college to get a job, as your skills will simply back you up.

Advertisement