Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy reasonably priced large sports bras?

Options
  • 20-03-2014 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi, I'm trying to find somewhere in Dublin to buy a few 34E sports bras. I want good quality, but I would rather not have to take out a loan to buy them!

Also, is Elvery's still the best place to buy affordable runners, pedometers and other general running clothing? Any suggestions where else I can go?

I live in Lucan and don't drive, so the easiest places for me to get to are the city, Liffey Valley and Blanch.

I'm running my first half marathon in a few months and I am completely clueless, so any help at all will be greatly appreciated :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Marks and sparks in liffey valley for the bras. They do great high impact sports bras in larger sizes. They don't always have all the range in stock though so look at their website and you can order and pick up in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

The bra I'm not sure, but for your other running gear I'd try TK Maxx. I get lots of sports stuff there and it's really good value. I just recently got a speedo swimsuit for €11.99 and they would normally be around the €30/€40 mark in Elverys or lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

For runners get yourself a GAIT test, most Elverys do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Arnotts will fit you and have a great range of sports bras - I wear a fairly hefty one myself, and don't rate M&S ones at all (not saying they're not good, just I haven't found one to suit me).

Running gear, I'd second TK Maxx, or keep an eye out for Lidl/Aldi offerings - I have a ton of stuff from them over the years and it's all grand. M&S also did a good range of wicking/technical running gear a while back, but last time I looked they only had cotton stuff (I haven't run in a while so don't know the current state of their stock)

Advertisement