Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving through town Monday afternoon

Options
  • 20-03-2014 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I'm coming up from Cork in a few weeks, and heading to the airport, but I want to check out the Dundrum Town Center first (I used to live in Dundrum, so it's more of a nostalgia trip than actually needing to do anything there)

From there, gmaps is sending me through the town centre to get to the airport via Harold's Cross, Drumcondra, etc. I'm due at the airport by 2pm, so is this a reasonable route? Jumping back on the M50 adds about 10km to the route, but it would seem to be the safer bet, no?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

corblimey wrote: »
    I'm coming up from Cork in a few weeks, and heading to the airport, but I want to check out the Dundrum Town Center first (I used to live in Dundrum, so it's more of a nostalgia trip than actually needing to do anything there)

From there, gmaps is sending me through the town centre to get to the airport via Harold's Cross, Drumcondra, etc. I'm due at the airport by 2pm, so is this a reasonable route? Jumping back on the M50 adds about 10km to the route, but it would seem to be the safer bet, no?

M50 definitely a better option. Might be longer but will almost certainly be quicker and less hassle. Don't forget to pay the toll though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Absolutely 100% take the M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

M50 definitely a better option. Might be longer but will almost certainly be quicker and less hassle. Don't forget to pay the toll though!

Dundrum to the airport will take under half an hour, depending on where you park you could be entering security in that time.....town route could be an hour plus......Pay your M50 toll in advance too.....avoid the penalties etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Definitely m50. It's predictable, town is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Cheers all, that's what I thought alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

And don't forget to pay your Toll or you'll get an unwelcome surprise in the post

21/25

Advertisement