Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic pandemonium, lack of sense with the diversion's..

Options
  • 20-03-2014 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭

What is wrong with the gardai? / council ??

There are people on the dual carriageway for over 2hours now, stuck in traffic due to an accident near applegreen.

It's not the first nor the last time it'll happen but yet the gardai / council insist on diverting traffic up cullion road / leck. The inevitable has happened today a bus and lorry met with no room to pass and everything is at a standstill.

Well done them /rant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Is there another alternative route?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Sure, send inbound traffic the usual way, outbound traffic up to listillion, put the diversion sign at the roundabout. Make both roads one way problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

If the road was fully closed, it was done so for a good reason and with other alternatives ruled out.

Pique wrote: »
    If the road was fully closed, it was done so for a good reason and with other alternatives ruled out.

Pique defends public services, I'm shocked :pac:

Well having just sent someone down listillion with very little delay they didn't rule out all alternatives.

Sure, send inbound traffic the usual way, outbound traffic up to listillion, put the diversion sign at the roundabout. Make both roads one way problem solved.

If the accident is being investigated (and btw this is pure speculation) but to see if the driver was asleep they'd need both sides to look for brake marks on the road, same if they have to test for oil or something else on the road.

• Advertisement

danniemcq wrote: »
    If the accident is being investigated (and btw this is pure speculation) but to see if the driver was asleep they'd need both sides to look for brake marks on the road, same if they have to test for oil or something else on the road.

Yeah I meant the usual way as in leck road / cullion road, not over past the accident scene, should have worded that better sorry gents.

Yeah I meant the usual way as in leck road / cullion road, not over past the accident scene, should have worded that better sorry gents.

Wait is there another road?

299383.JPG

I see the small wee roads through bonagee and that but would big vehicles be able to get down them? so there is gonna be an inevitable back up.

no doubt there is some health and safety guidelines in place meaning that thats probably a no go too (access to area or something maybe)

Yeah, from oldtown to the top of lurgybrack. If both roads are made one way there'd be no hastle I reckon. Health an safety could factor but hardly like they do risk assessments in emergency suituations like this.

Pique defends public services, I'm shocked :pac:

Well having just sent someone down listillion with very little delay they didn't rule out all alternatives.

Investigating a potentially fatal accident, yeah I'll defend them.

I suppose one way out Leck, in Listillion/Corravaddy would be the best alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

There is also the lismonaghan road which could have been used for ballybofey traffic. Simple 1 way systems is the only way that should have been dealt with, it was done before and worked well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Maybe this incompetence could be put to the candidates for the local elections when they come knocking at the doors over the coming weeks.

Have no fear, Letterkenny Chamber are here to sort this mess out........yeah....

http://www.donegalnow.com/sp/article_manager/detail/accident_and_delays_aftermath__chamber_calls_for_action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

I haven't been down there, but how much time could clearing a car crash really take? Normally they are cleaned up far faster.

This councillor releasing a statement about the bonagee road doesn't help people's aggravation either.

This extended road closure, along with the dodgy sale of the garage by a councillor (which was discussed on here before) leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

This seems to happen a couple of times a year (either morning or afternoon rush hour) and the response and delays always seem the same. The council and Gardai definitely need look at a plan B.

This came up on my Facebook feed. Seems very nasty. The road is opened going into letterkenny now it seems.

2 things

Have we a traffic incident investegator in Donegal? Or are they elsewhere in the country?

Also according to the Journal this is where the accident happened

man-seriously-injured-letterkenny-crash-390x285.png

This came up on my Facebook feed. Seems very nasty. The road is opened going into letterkenny now it seems.

Hmm, roof's removed, means the doors wouldn't open or they suspected spinal injuries.

danniemcq wrote: »
    2 things

Have we a traffic incident investegator in Donegal? Or are they elsewhere in the country?

Also according to the Journal this is where the accident happened

man-seriously-injured-letterkenny-crash-390x285.png

"Ah it was in Donegal.....fire in a random picture of the countryside, they'll never know"

Pique wrote: »

Not to make a joke of a sad accident, but the jesus on the top left is very fitting here.

• Advertisement

Oh dear oh dear, a certain online "news" site posting up rumours again saying the fella was transferred to Dublin when he is in letterkenny still, his brother just posted on their facebook page there. Surely they should be brought to task by someone ?!?

Anyway the road has reopened. Gardai are not happy at people questioning the road closure, except people are not they are questioning the obviously flawed diversion system.

They are lucky there wasn't more accidents on the side roads today. What about emergency services, ambulances ect?

Advertisement