Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Ballycoolin area, where to live?

Options
  • 20-03-2014 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Where would you recommend living if working in the Ballycoolin area of Dublin? I am looking mainly at Castleknock but not seeing a lot of of properties. Don't want to live in Blanch or Lucan but would consider other areas within 10-15 minutes drive of Ballycoolinin in rush hour traffic.

Any ideas? What are Ashtown and Clonsilla like as places to live, for example?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Ashtown is ok, train to the city, or bus. There's a grand little "village" there too with SuperValu, a chemist, Bombay Pantry is a good Indian, a pub with a nice enough restaurant above it, the only downside is that there's a level crossing, but if you time the trains it won't affect you in a car.

You might get cheaper accom down Tolka Valley Road near the N2, it's not that much further away from Ballycoolin than Ashtown, with similar local ameneties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Waterville would be a perfect location for ballycoolin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭downwithit

I would advise you steer clear of the Blanchardstown apartment developments and stick to Castleknock. Phoenix Park Racecourse or Farmleigh Woods would be my advice, but that's just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

downwithit wrote: »
    I would advise you steer clear of the Blanchardstown apartment developments and stick to Castleknock. Phoenix Park Racecourse or Farmleigh Woods would be my advice, but that's just my opinion.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭downwithit

It's just my opinion but I have lived in Waterville Terrace and Cedarhurst Road and I just felt that the racecourse was a far nicer place to live. I have a friend In Farmleigh Woods and i think that development has a really nice feel and look to it too.

But as I say again it's just my opinion and experience of both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ideaburst

Thanks for the replies guys.

What about areas like Glasnevin for getting to Ballycoolin / Blanch area in the mornings. I'm guessing a good 20-25 minutes in rush hour traffic?

Anyone know what the Clonsilla area is like to live in?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Glasnevin would be longer than that. Again I would suggest Waterville. Dead straight, up the road, five mins if that.

Advertisement