Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thin green vertical line on monitor, need help!

Options
  • 20-03-2014 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, hoping someone here will be able to help me. Last night a thin green line appeared on my monitor. First time I've seen anything like this.
    Turned it back on this morning and it was gone for a while until it re-appeared again.

Pressing on the bottom of the screen where the line appears seems to get rid of it for a bit until it reappears again.

84zsr4.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Probably the LCD panel in it is gone. Time to replace the monitor or RMA it if in warranty :( . It could be a loose data cable but I'd be going on the panel faulty route

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Cheers, green line still shows up even when the PC is turned off and I just turn the monitor so I'm thinking you're right.

It's one of two monitors I'm using so I'm not entirely out of luck. Was starting to assume it was the monitor itself when nothing was going wrong on the other screen. I'll just have to feel less fancy for a while!

Advertisement