Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Paying' myself from a Rabo a/c to my Bank of Ireland a/c

Options
  • 20-03-2014 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

Morning!

I've been thinking about getting a mortgage for quite some time now, only recently getting more serious about it.

However, as you require 6 months+ worth of bank statements I might have a bit of a problem!

To sort out my finances and budget for bills etc. I set up a Rabo a/c where all my bills come out of.  My wages go directly to my Rabo account at the end of the month.  From this account I pay my phone bill, car insurance and yoga classes.  Also, I have a direct debit to a credit union account from it where I save e500 a month.

I also 'pay' myself to my Bank of Ireland account every month.  I transfer the money every Friday from Rabo to BofI and live off that for a week.

I'm just wondering which account you'd be looking for the bank statements from: Rabo or BofI?  I also regularly need to live off my pre-arranged overdraft, which isn't ideal but some weeks are more cost heavy than others.

I'm concerned that this could work against me, i.e. the fact that I have 3 accounts (Rabo, BofI and Credit Union) and that I seem to use my overdraft quite often.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks,
    p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Pippy1976,

Thank you for contacting us here on boards.ie.

We are delighted to hear that you are considering Bank of Ireland for your future home loan requirements.

As each Mortgage application is seen on a case by case basis, we are unable to address your specific queries here. As such, we would ask that you contact our dedicated Mortgage team where a representative will be more than happy to discuss your application and any documentation which may be required. You can call our Mortgage Team directly alternatively you can request a call back from a representative. Their contact details can be found here on our website. 

We wish you the best of luck with your application and if we can help you with anything else here, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine

Advertisement