Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What App to use for scanning food in Supermarkets

Options
  • 20-03-2014 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi

I am looking for the name of a App or Scanner that I can use in the Supermarkets to look at the prices of the items trying to save a few euro on the weekly shopping thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭alanbk

pkkil wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking for the name of a App or Scanner that I can use in the Supermarkets to look at the prices of the items trying to save a few euro on the weekly shopping thanks
    Would be a good app ok. Haven't really come across one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Maybe ask in the Android forum or the Apple forum

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Zascar wrote: »

There's a few barcode scanners that will display product info like Google Goggles but I think the OP wants something that will tell them the price of said product in Tesco vs Dunnes vs SuperValu.

Doubt it exists tbh as it would need a huge database to keep all products & updating prices daily would be a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pkkil

frash wrote: »
    There's a few barcode scanners that will display product info like Google Goggles but I think the OP wants something that will tell them the price of said product in Tesco vs Dunnes vs SuperValu.

Doubt it exists as it would need a huge database to keep all products & updating prices daily would be a nightmare.

Thank you all for the answers

i just want to be able to see what the price of the item is when i take it off the shelf in the shop to see if the item is prices right and I thought I would be able to get an app for my phone so I could use it like a scanner like they have in some of the shops to check prices as my local shop does not have one

• Advertisement
Advertisement