Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eye irritation

• 20-03-2014 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Dog had a routine op a couple weeks ago, including the removal of a wart/cyst on her upper eyelid (thought we may as well do it while she was under)

Anyway, fast forward two weeks to last night, we noticed dog squinting, eye looked sore, and noticed something kind of sticking out the eye.

Took her to the vet this morning, and the "thing" is one of the sutures that didn't dissolve, which was now irritating her eye. She is currently still in the vet, as they are putting her under sedation to remove the suture.

My question is should we be paying for this? I ask because the treatment today is obviously as a result of the stitch put in by the vet not dissolving/being an irritant.
    Got the impression we will be expected to pay, but didn't think about asking 'til I left. (Sorry if ignorant question!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

They may possibly chance their arm and ask you to pay as sedation is involved but I would stand firm and refuse. It's a complication of a procedure you've already paid for so just politely tell them that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

let us know how you got on with the vet - and paying/not?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

aonb wrote: »
    let us know how you got on with the vet - and paying/not?

Said about it being a complication of a previous procedure, and vet said we didn't have to pay for consultation, but for the medication (eye drops and idk what, probably the sedative..).

So ended up being 30 something €, quite possibly should have been €0, but thanks anniehoo, pretty sure you saved us 40/50€ anyway.
    Most importantly, doggie is fine.

Advertisement