Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotshot query

Options
  • 20-03-2014 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

A friend gave me a O2 Hotshot she wasn't using any more. I had already set up one of these for a friend so thought it would be straightforward. Bought a sim card, set up broadband account for it and then went to connect my iPhone or iPad to it. When they search for it, the SSID name of the device that comes up is not simply Hotshot but another address (presumably set up by former owner) and it says the password printed inside the Hotshot is not correct. How can I make this accessible for myself. Please and thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Did you ask your friend for the password...?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Can you factory reset the device? Doing this should restore the SSID and password. Failing that your friend will need to give you the password

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Selandia

Sorry for delay in replying, guys, and thanks for responding. My friend hasn't a clue about the device and doesn't remember any password. Not sure if I can do a factory reset? Do I go to O2 site on PC and maybe there's an option? I'll try. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Press the wifi button and power button together for 30 seconds for a factory reset (Googled info BTW).

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Selandia

Thank you very much, I reset it and it connected then! Found the tiny hole and inserted pin. Appreciate the help - simple when you know how!

• Advertisement
Advertisement