Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which integrated Double Oven?

Options
  • 20-03-2014 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Can anyone offer advice on choosing the best integrated electric double oven for a kitchen upgrade... have to keep eye on budget. Upgrade will also include a new integrated microwave, hob, fridge and dishwasher.

I have had a Belling Classic double oven for 20+ years and it has never given any bother so was thinking Belling again but I get the feeling they are not what they used be. Neff seems popular in the kitchen design shops but expensive. Self cleaning would be nice to have.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

hi, we just moved into our new house which involved a new kitchend so did quite a bit of research on appliances. for the double over we went for a Bosch HBM43B2.OB.

my advice would be subscribe to which.co.uk so you can research reviews on appiances. it is free for the first 30 days i think and then £7ish per month. you can then cost up what you want from the different retailers to fit your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

Thanks garhjw, interesting, Bosch has not been on my radar. Could the model you have be a HBM43B250B?

Did you get a microwave, hob, diswasher or fridge?... what did you go for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

We went for a bosch. Microwave and bosch gas hob. Went for a neff dishwasher. Indesit fridge freezer.
    Not home until Monday so can't give you models numbers.

Think that is the serial number of the oven... I probably typed it wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Only buy German. Their appliances are slightly more expensive but are more energy efficient and built to last. My parents are landlords and generally every year had to replace a few washing machines, fridges and washing machines. Until they started to buy Bosch and Siemens and they havent even had a repairmen once in years.

Thanks Guys. Any view on self cleaning. The bosch mentions top, back and sides but not bottom. What should I be looking for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭moonbloom

Had a Seimens oven for 18 years, special offer with my kitchen. Fairly heavy use, door finally broke last year. So sorry I didn't spend a little extra for the quality brands. Have a Zanussi double built in oven. No comparison. The old Seimens was so much easier to keep clean and the steam that comes out of the Zanussi would give you a facial peel!.I believe in the long run you pay a bit extra for the quality. Mother got a new Boch, lovely double oven too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

bmay529 wrote: »
    Thanks Guys. Any view on self cleaning. The bosch mentions top, back and sides but not bottom. What should I be looking for?

I have it on my oven. But its rarely used. When its on you can be in the kitchen and all the windows have to be open the smell is so bad. But it handier than cleaning by hand. But I wouldn't consider it a must have

Wow. Never had self cleaning but was sort of expecting non stick panels or something like that. Better check it out. thanks for the heads up

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

I have a De Dietrich double oven with the pyro clean. The oven itself is ok, was very expensive at the time (5-6 yrs ago) and has loads of features I never use (rotisserie etc), but has terrible hotspots, never broken down though. The pyro clean is good, but you need all the windows open with the smoke and the smell when you use it and your eyes will feel like they are being pyro cleaned too. I hate cleaning it with the pyro clean almost as much as I hated the old fashioned method. I have a smeg gas hob and it's brilliant, my next oven will be a smeg.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Did a bit of exploring on this before Christmas- and got an end of line Samsung display model at less than half price in Powercity. Paid about 300 for it- and put it in myself. Very pleased with it. (I'd be even happier if I hadn't cut my fingers with a band saw while installing it- but thats another story).

• Advertisement
Advertisement