Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pick Your Poison #16 - Best WrestleMania Poster 11-20

• 20-03-2014 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

In our last edition, the poster for The Ultimate Challenge of Warrior vs Hogan at WrestleMania VI won out over the competition on offer from the 80's and early 90's. This episode sees us pick up in the midst of the New Generation right through the boom years of the Attitude Era. Boys and girls, it's time to Pick Your Poison.

WrestleMania XI

First Time. Last Time. Only Time

2f6760102e1d8c39e6ec6e9388a81a11.jpg

WrestleMania XII

8e2abdb65d9d3b14e7f4cef5c24b1076.jpg

WrestleMania 13

Heat!

a61b00aba769fe5d715120374c6c7c44.jpg

WrestleMania XIV

DX Raided

4f338f19984eb9ccf11db11747dcc919.jpg

WrestleMania XV

The Ragin' Climax

8977d34ebc86986e489d7d95521a2f8d.jpg

WrestleMania 2000

A McMahon In Every Corner

f729c945efa15389a59ecc3700973394.jpg

WrestleMania X-Seven

Houston....We Have A Problem

85d069c87f21e9778ebc8aa207899720.jpg

WrestleMania X8

The One And Only

d3095f7d83f85da41dc4f48efe3c6588.jpg

WrestleMania XIX

Dare To Dream

8ba8c12906d32e31ed5918f45e62ef96.jpg

WrestleMania XX

Where It All Begins....Again

8fcd2c0a71b06117b51330f3a657f2f8.jpg

Best WrestleMania Poster (11-20) 17 votes

WrestleMania XI
    0% 0 votes
    WrestleMania XII
    0% 0 votes
    WrestleMania 13
    11% 2 votes
    WrestleMania XIV
    0% 0 votes
    WrestleMania XV
    23% 4 votes
    WrestleMania 2000
    0% 0 votes
    WrestleMania X-Seven
    0% 0 votes
    WrestleMania X8
    47% 8 votes
    WrestleMania XIX
    11% 2 votes
    WrestleMania XX
    5% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

X8 for me. Simplistically styled, it doesn't promote any main event guys like most of the other posters (with the exception of the iconic NWO logo placed front and centre)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Gotta be X-Seven. It just looks like a classic Pay-Per-View fight poster. Wanna see these two guys fight? Pay for it and here's the details. Love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I like XIVs. Austin, HBK and Tyson. Sells itself. X7 a close second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I went with XIV myself also. Tyson and Austin ( and HBK actually a bit) look pure bad ass. It looks like a proper box-office advertisement and I've always liked that blocky logo too.

Hon Mention for WM 12 though, the Hollywood/Fox kinda thing going on looks cool enough. Dunno why Razor is on the poster though, he didnt even have a match on the card. Also, It's the only WM that seemingly didnt have a tagline. Maybe something like 'The Boyhood Dream' could've worked but that might have telegraphed happenings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

WrestleMania X8 I dunno why I just like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Wrestlemania XX, it's the best of the bunch.

X8 is great, except for the NWO sign, if it hadn't been for that I'd easily have said the top.

Most of the others are grand, never a fan of XIV, the logo is horrible, and XI looks like it could be advertising a crap dj rave night / under 18's leaving cert disco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Omackeral wrote: »
    Dunno why Razor is on the poster though, he didnt even have a match on the card. Also, It's the only WM that seemingly didnt have a tagline. Maybe something like 'The Boyhood Dream' could've worked but that might have telegraphed happenings.

Razor is on the poster as he was booked in a Miami street fight match with Goldust that was to be filmed in Miami. Hall got suspended, missed Mania and Piper got put into the match.

Iirc 'Do or Die' was used as a slogan for XII maybe unofficially but Bret mentions it during his pre-match promo and Dok Hendrix said it when plugging merch during the live broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Fr. Sensini

I think the Wrestlemania XV is the best looking one out of them all with XX a close second. XVII & XVIII have great posters but are let down by the stupid X7 and X8 logos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Looks like the WrestleMania that's considered the greatest of them all has won the greatest poster of this particular era.

Best WM Poster (11-20) goes to WrestleMania X-Seven with 39% of the votes.

Look out for the final part of this Pick Your Poison trilogy next week as we put the artwork of WrestleManias 21-30 to the people of PW Boards,

Advertisement