Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boat charter Perhentian to Redang

Options
  • 20-03-2014 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm planning a trip in Malaysia, which will hopefully include some time in the Perhentian Islands, and in nearby Redang Island.

I've been investigating chartering a boat from Perhentian to Redang, but it seems expensive. I haven't been able to find much info on water taxis, other than the fact they're cheaper and fairly abundant on Perhentian.

Has anyone been to this part of the world and travelled between the two islands. Can you give any advice on the best options available?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

thejaguar wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm planning a trip in Malaysia, which will hopefully include some time in the Perhentian Islands, and in nearby Redang Island.

I've been investigating chartering a boat from Perhentian to Redang, but it seems expensive. I haven't been able to find much info on water taxis, other than the fact they're cheaper and fairly abundant on Perhentian.

Has anyone been to this part of the world and travelled between the two islands. Can you give any advice on the best options available?

I have been lucky enough to visit the Perhentians twice and would love to go back again. There is a thread on the perhentian forum on tripadvisor from Wishtogo (username I think) with loads of details. It would appear if you can get others to join you then you might be able to get a boat transfer to redang. It's not cheap. Didn't see anything about chartering your own boat. The water taxis in redang are few and far between.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Thanks Blingy

I spotted that post on Tripadvisor and contacted the company she mentioned. They charter speedboats for about 700MYR (about €150) which was a bit more than I was hoping to have to pay.

I was wondering if I just rocked up to one of the water taxis would they go as far as Redang (that could be ridiculous - I'm not exactly sure how far it is).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

thejaguar wrote: »
    Thanks Blingy

I spotted that post on Tripadvisor and contacted the company she mentioned. They charter speedboats for about 700MYR (about €150) which was a bit more than I was hoping to have to pay.

I was wondering if I just rocked up to one of the water taxis would they go as far as Redang (that could be ridiculous - I'm not exactly sure how far it is).

I think it's less than an hour by fast boat. Maybe look into redang a bit more and be sure you definitely want to go. We considered it and then decided to just do the 2 perhentian Islands.
    We booked through De Penarik Beach Travel & Tour http://www.depenarikbeach.com.my/
    They were brilliant and prices were the same or less than booking everything seperately. Maybe email them and see if you could get a quote for a transfer. Reckon you might need a min number of people though.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Depenarik Travel are the guys I got the original quote from.
    I might get back to them and see if they can do a better price.

Thanks again for the info.

Advertisement