Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Colour Sound Festival - Shankhill Castle - Kilkenny - 4th & 5th July 2014

Options
  • 20-03-2014 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Light Colour Sound is a brand new festival which will be set amongst the beautiful grounds of Shankill castle in Co Kilkenny.

It is aiming to combine a combination of entertainment including music, food, art, culture, literature, comedy, open forums, workshops, yoga, akido, dance.

Tickets are sitting at €55 for a day pass and €95 for the weekend pass. On the lineup are the likes of And So I Watch You From Afar, Dan Le Sac, Wallis Bird, Cathy Davey, Jerry Fish, Jape, O Emperor, RSAG, Engine Alley, The Barley Mob, Kila, Raglans, I Draw Slow and more. Full lineup below.

Lineup
    And So I Watch You From Afar
    Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip
    Wallis Bird
    Cathy Davey
    Jerry Fish
    Jape
    O Emperor
    RSAG
    Engine Alley
    The Barley Mob
    Kila
    Raglans
    I Draw Slow
    Halves
    Neon Wolf
    John Blek And The Rats
    The Young Folk
    Kodakid
    Clive Barnes
    In Their ThousandsRackhouse Pilfer
    The Kilo 1977
    The Eskies
    The Cold Draw
    Grum and the Duende Dogs
    Windings
    Gypsy Rebel Rabble
    Radioactive Grandma
    TV Jones and the Tomahawks
    The Stoney Brokes
    In The Willows
    Val Normal
    Sounds Of System Breakdown
    Verce
    Audio Fires
    KRB
    The Midnight Union Band
    Chemical Addiction
    Oak Hollow
    Kingston
    WOB
    Sal Vitro
    CPNHGN
    The Scenes
    JP Ryan
    Deep Down Deetox
    Sneaky Rinse
    Tiny Vinyls

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea just seen this the other day . Looks decent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

OMG, this summer needs bigger pockets. That looks ace!

The Minutes added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Sorry, but this seems a bit pricey (€95) compared to indiependence(€99) for example... considering the bands at each and this is just 2 days (with less international acts) ...

Also, camping is an extra tenner per person while a campervan is 25. So 3 of us in a campervan is cheaper than 3 in a tent!!! ... even charging for camping seems a bit lame. Oh and look .. the car park is a tenner and a fiver for motorbikes. So in total, for a 2 day festival with mainly Irish acts that play loads of festivals anyways it will cost you €124.15 (115 + fees of 9.15) ...

Definitely got their pricing a bit wrong here..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

pmalone wrote: »
    Sorry, but this seems a bit pricey (€95) compared to indiependence(€99) for example... considering the bands at each and this is just 2 days (with less international acts) ...

Also, camping is an extra tenner per person while a campervan is 25. So 3 of us in a campervan is cheaper than 3 in a tent!!! ... even charging for camping seems a bit lame. Oh and look .. the car park is a tenner and a fiver for motorbikes. So in total, for a 2 day festival with mainly Irish acts that play loads of festivals anyways it will cost you €124.15 (115 + fees of 9.15) ...

Definitely got their pricing a bit wrong here..

Jeez, fair play, couldn't see much about the camping but it does put it in a different slant. I really like the line up but its venturing into EP prices.

Back to Knockanstockan for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 light colour sound

sounds amazing, we'll be there, keep it local, keep it truly "independent"....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

sounds amazing, we'll be there, keep it local, keep it truly "independent"....

It certainly does sound amazing Mr light colour sound, if that is indeed your real name :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bang bang bazza

I for one, or should I say we for one family cannot wait for Kilkenny's camping festival, what a fantastic line up of honest to goodness Irish music. Camping at €5 per person per night is ok for me, also ok with paying for car parking, actually we have decided to bus it, thank you KK for having so many amazing events. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 light colour sound

Thank you Mrs? Bang Bang bazza, I agree with you, very much looking forward to it...and it's Master light colour sound, my Father was Mr.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

anyone going to this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mefynn

For sure cant wait for it,great line up,fantastic area all we need is sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I hope it does well. I think it will be well organised...meant to be a nice venue as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

If Kilkenny are beaten on Saturday then they are off to Thurles on the 5th.

I'd say the organizers are hoping this doesn't happen, could affect the local crowd who might buy late tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

anyone know capacity ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mefynn

dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip
    As a rule, we don't cancel shows, it's not our way, we'd prefer to grind it out & make it happen but sometimes it's completely unavoidable. Since 2006 we've cancelled at most 5 shows, and with each one we went balls to the wall to make it happen.
    So it's sad that today we have to add a 6th.
    Due to circumstances completely out of our control, we will no longer be performing at Light.Colour.Sound Festival at Shankill Castle, Ireland, on Friday. We are sorry to be the cause of any disappointment.
    This DOES NOT affect Godiva, we will be there will metaphorical bells on, and If anything this simply makes us even more fired up for getting over to Ireland for Indiependence Festival later in August.

As a rule, we don't cancel shows, it's not our way, we'd prefer to grind it out & make it happen but sometimes it's completely unavoidable. Since 2006 we've cancelled at most 5 shows, and with each one we went balls to the wall to make it happen.
    So it's sad that today we have to add a 6th.
    Due to circumstances completely out of our control, we will no longer be performing at Light.Colour.Sound Festival at Shankill Castle, Ireland, on Friday. We are sorry to be the cause of any disappointment.
    This DOES NOT affect Godiva, we will be there will metaphorical bells on, and If anything this simply makes us even more fired up for getting over to Ireland for Indiependence Festival later in August.

hmmm .. major loss to this festival.

pmalone wrote: »
    hmmm .. major loss to this festival.

Yup if i was gonna go they were the main reason to go

Yup if i was gonna go they were the main reason to go

and the silence is deafening ... have to say I am not filled with confidence for this event. Hope I am proved wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 intheknow14

Promoter knew that danlesac vs scroobius pip weren't coming over two weeks ago at the very least.. But they still advertised them on the line up and sold tickets... They advertised line up again on Facebook page on Monday, Dan le sac vs scroobius pip actually posted the cancellation notice themselves on Festival Facebook page on Tuesday... First mention of this from promoter was last night! (quoting technical problems)
    Website and ticket sales sites still haven't -been updated.

Not really a festival based on trust, eh?

A lot of people would have a good case for refunds given this level of false advertising!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 intheknow14

I wonder what part HMV have to play in this hoodwink?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Did the Minutes not cancel at Sea Sessions, there is a good chance they might cancel this too, is there not someone in the band with an illness or something.

From Sea Sessions thread:
    "The Minutes have cancelled too

The Minutes

Quote:
    Following the recent cancellation of our whelans show due to Mark's illness we're sorry to say the following shows are also out of the frame for the band.
    Sea Sessions, June 28th
    Light/Colour/Sound, Kilkenny July 5th
    T In the Park , Scotland July 13th
    Crane Lane, Cork July 14th
    Were sorry to have to cancel but it's the docs orders that we've got to follow on this one so we can get Mark back to where he needs to be.
    Sorry dudes. We'll make it up to you.
    TM"

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Promoter knew that danlesac vs scroobius pip weren't coming over two weeks ago at the very least..

How do you know this?

If this is true, well .. what can I say?

from DSLVSP Facebook page...

Seán Kelly:
    Seriously?! You were the only reason I got a ticket to LCS!!

dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip:
    Sorry to hear that but it's entirely in the Festival hands. We did our best to make it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Sounds like the organisers haven't a pot to piss in after forking out the initial deposits!

Id say tickets didnt sell well and therefor could not afford to pay for Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip?

Id say tickets didn't sell well and therefor could not afford to pay for Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip?

That seems to be about the size of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

From the Light Colour Sound Facebook:
    dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip: Hi All, Just so you know, we have no clue what "unforeseen technical circumstances" are. If we were going to be vague about this we would have go for "a catastrophic breakdown in communication" but thats just us.

In other words:
    Dan le sac: We're due the rest of our fee this week
    Light Colour Sound: ...
    Dan le sac: We're due the rest of our fee today
    Dan le sac: We were due the rest of our fee last Friday
    Dan le sac: We were due our fee last week
    Dan le sac: Due to your lack of communication, we're pulling out
    Light Colour Sound: But we were just finalising your fee...

Just to reiterate yesterdays ****ty news, due to a catastrophic breakdown in communication, we will not be playing LCS Festival on Friday.

• Advertisement

Lessson to be learned:

If social media is your primary way of communicating with your customers, then use it efficiently and timely .. or it will bite you in the ass!

Advertisement