Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Colour Sound Festival - Shankhill Castle - Kilkenny - 4th & 5th July 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Found the festival website a bit misleading in the way they had the tickets advertised and also think the tickets are way too expensive for what it is.
    It'll be interesting to hear the feedback after the festival and see what way it might go next year, if it goes ahead again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

AdMMM wrote: »
    From the Light Colour Sound Facebook:

dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip: Hi All, Just so you know, we have no clue what "unforeseen technical circumstances" are. If we were going to be vague about this we would have go for "a catastrophic breakdown in communication" but thats just us.

Looks like that post is now deleted!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

They just posted this on their fb page

ROLL UP, ROLL UP!! We have a fantastic offer for TONIGHT ONLY! Buy your tickets here at the gate for ONLY €25. Fantastic music, dancing and campfire antics until 2.30pm! See you here! ‪#‎LIGHTCOLOURSOUND‬

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

They just posted this on their fb page

ROLL UP, ROLL UP!! We have a fantastic offer for TONIGHT ONLY! Buy your tickets here at the gate for ONLY €25. Fantastic music, dancing and campfire antics until 2.30pm! See you here! ‪#‎LIGHTCOLOURSOUND‬

Christ, did anyone turn up at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Feel for the organisers but it was a poor line up and the loss of scroobius is quite embarssing.

It seems festivals are forgetting that it is a MUSIC festival first and foremost and as such you would need quality bands to initially tweek peoples interest and buy a ticket.

Think it might have worked better if they twinned up with Sea sessions and had their line up but on alternative nights .
    Basically the same price but the difference in the line up is very noticeable.

I think it was great that the put so many local bands on the line up but where they should have been ultimately day time filler they were head lining it. I can see these pubs for free any weekend in the south east ....why would i pay €100 for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I thought the line up wasn't bad, but the pricing stucture, charging extra for camping and for parking, plus the really amateurish pimping displayed at the start of this thread gave me a bad vibe straight off the bat.

Compare that to how Vantastival started off - their first year they approached the VW and Scooter clubs and offered discounted tickets, and even though there was a modest turnout, I'd say it doubled in Year 2 through pure word of mouth.. that's how to operate a small festival.. Vantastival is now firmly established as the opening festival of the season, and, for my money, is the best small festival in Ireland.

I feel sorry for the organisers of LCS though, and hope they'll be able to learn from their mistakes and come back in year 2.
    Part of that will have to include coming on here and being open about the snafu with Scroobius, and their attempts to delete discussion and hush up the cancellation after it became apparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 intheknow14

He told me.
    pmalone wrote: »
    How do you know this?

If this is true, well .. what can I say?

Yes I did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

pmalone wrote: »
    Yes I did :)

And have you any comment to make about it?

UsedToWait wrote: »
    And have you any comment to make about it?

Loads of comments... i just posted this on their FB page...

==========
    For a first time festival, this was OK. You need to gather some feedback from your paying customers if you want them to return next year. We do about 5 or 6 festivals a year and while a festival in the south east is attractive, that in itself would not be enough for us to return. You had good elements, but it wasn't quite put together in a cohesive manner. That's fair enough for a first year.
    And as for your website page on being a family friendly festival (h t t p://lightcoloursoundfestival.com/family-friendly/), that page is simply a lie, as the only things on that page that happened were the puppet show and the pottery (which cost 4 quid a go). Our 9 year old was bored the entire weekend, unlike at Vantastival where she was busy for all 3 days at no extra cost to us. Had we known that this wasn't kid friendly, we would not have spent money on this. Very misleading and very poor show on that front!
    Overall, good but not nearly good enough to return. Do you plan any formal means of receiving feedback from your customers?
    ==========

Another problem with this festival was that nobody knew what time bands were on the minor stages. It was a complete shambles. A good example of this was on Friday night, when King Kong Company were due to come on at 1.15. I strolled over to the tent at 12:30 to see what was going on and they were just starting. They finished at 1:00 and I was walking out the door, people were coming in the door to see King Kong Company. There were some very pissed off people there. This pattern was repeated all weekend. I was hoping to see Gangs, but when I went to their slot Deep Down Deetox were playing, who were very good, but no one could tell me where or when Gangs were on.. A total shambles.

Best of the smaller acts of the weekend for me was the stunning Neon Wolf. Excellent set by them.

Overall, venue was good, some small changes would make a big difference. Probably would not go back next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ASIMON0V

I went along to this - we live in Paulstown, so could not refuse the opportunity of a festival on our doorstep. We popped up late Friday evening and was pretty shocked as it was very empty...handfuls of people here and there. The funfair looked like a deserted set from a horror film. The bar was closed so we just hung around and were lucky enough to see King King company who were very good - if short. On Saturday we brought our kids up and the overall vibe was much better - lots of kids and families and was nice to hang out meeting people. We came back later that evening and decided to stay at the whelans tent where we saw RSAG and The Hot Sprockets who tore it up. Hadn't seen either of these before so was happy to have had the chance to see them.

In terms of feedback, it felt like the organisers had over stretched themselves, there was too much space, too many stages, too many bands and ultimately too few people. I'd like to see it survive but you feel a new management (production and communications) team would be needed to make this happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

I've very mixed views on the weekend.

The venue, the stages, the line-up, the stalls, the vibe/atmosphere - all excellent, and no agro that I came across.

My highlight of the weekend were the Barley Mob, they never disappoint :)

But the BYOB policy...which turned out to not actually be a BYOB policy, well that sucked! The bar closed at 11pm, but you still weren't allowed to bring your own drink into the arena...even though some of the stages were going on until 2am...wtf? Not everyone wants/likes to drink craft beer, so once in the arena, there were no other options. One girl I spoke to had purchased a pint from the bar, nipped back to her tent, and then wasn't allowed back into the arena, with the pint that she'd just bought from the bar...seriously? eh?

There were no portaloos at all in the campervan field, so they paid more to recieve less, and only one bank of portaloos in the arena, nowhere near any of the stages.

I came home feeling that the festival has masses of potential, but was just a bit crap really.
    The organisers got a lot of things spot on, but there are also some major creases to be ironed out if they plan to do it again! The phrase "bitten off more than they could chew", springs to mind.

The pricing structure, with camping as an additional charge on top of the weekend ticket...how does that work? Oh and not forgetting the other additional charge for car parking. Struck me as just a little bit greedy. If you buy a weekend festival ticket, you don't expect to pay extra to pitch your tent!

I would like to see it run again, and I'd probably go and give it a second chance...but the organisers need to really cop on to what people were complaining about this year, and learn from it. I wouldn't give it a third chance.

Roll on Knockanstockan :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Disclaimer: I volunteered at the festival. However, I'm going to try and be as objective as possible.

Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip: Wow. I feel that the artists were being complete Sacs. What I heard on site about their reason for pulling out paints DLSvsSP in a very bad light but won't go into it because essentially it's still 'grapevine'. :rolleyes: Though I do know for fact the festival didn't have "at least two weeks notice" - punters were told about it as soon as it was confirmed through DLSvsSP's management.

It's only when I got home and saw DLSVSSP's carry on on facebook made me genuinely disgusted with them. Divas.

Anyway, the festival itself: I was part of pre-production so got the festival off to enjoy. And I did enjoy it, as did plenty of people, looking at the photos and stuff. It's not every festival you see hula hoopers casually hula hooping to the act on stage - the crowd we got were great craic in fairness. I think at one point on Saturday morning the *entire* campsite was singing in unison (I was destroyed from working the week so was not singing at 5am...)

There were definitely snags but I don't think people were so put off by the snags that it destroyed their weekend - I just think in comparison to well established (and experienced) festivals people feel short changed. With that in mind, for a first festival I think it went great.

The line up was actually better than I originally anticipated, I saw Overhead, the Albatross and Halves billed and was a bit blind to everything else until the weekend got underway and literally had a band I wanted to see in every time slot...that's never happened to me at a festival before.

Price wise, I wasn't paying much attention because I got in in exchange for a week's blood, stress and tears...ok no tears but definitely spider bites. But if it feels expensive compared to other festivals from what I gather, talking to people I know in bands and stuff, it's because LCS paid way more acts than other festivals are willing to, so y'know...(So yeah, issue with DLSvsSP not payment either it would seem)

Personally, I think it did it's job as music festival and because that's all I cared about (sorry, but I really hate children :p) I had an amazing weekend - just the supporting bits, like child friendliness and toilets, got a bit left behind. I entirely missed the spoken word tent but that was supposedly a roaring success. On that alone I think it's going to be amazing next year cause I can see a whole pile of potential and (hand on heart) I have a lot of faith in the vision of the organisors.

So if the line up appeals to you in 2015 I reckon it'll be worth giving a second chance. My vibe talking to organisers in the aftermath was that a lot was learned so it wouldn't surprise me if it took huge strides next year. 2015 will be the teller - it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

My vibe talking to organisers in the aftermath was that a lot was learned so it wouldn't surprise me if it took huge strides next year. .

hummm are you sure you don't have some connection to the organizers .... for some reason i feel like your post has a whiff of damage control about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lala_Moore

To be honest organizing a gig is hard work things to go wrong, however what put me of this is the sheer greediness of the folk running it, for charging for camping and then parking along with your ticket, then charing 25 for folk to come in to see maybe the last act or have a look around....its a recession we are in, also to be honest why delete half the comments dan le sac and then pip put up on face book to say why they wouldn't be in the line up as normal? It wouldn't surprise me if they knew a long time before to be honest, sound like folk wanting to make a buck is all, by looking at what they were trying to charge for local acts, I hope the bands all got paid properly!!!.And they weren't roped in on any this is our first year bull can you volunteer and maybe we will pay you the next year once it gets going, people trying to get everything for nothing, until both side of the stories are heard properly and don't get deleted (which looks fishy to me) then I guess we just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 intheknow14

Casshern88 wrote: »
    hummm are you sure you don't have some connection to the organizers .... for some reason i feel like your post has a whiff of damage control about it.

Lol.. Stinks of damage control... In about two months time this thread will be full of posts from unpaid artists and contractors... Dlsvssp might even get wind of this thread and may clarify the situation (seeing as promoters will be unable to delete their posts here!)
    Should make for interesting reading:-S

There were definitely snags but I don't think people were so put off by the snags that it destroyed their weekend - I just think in comparison to well established (and experienced) festivals people feel short changed. With that in mind, for a first festival I think it went great.

I don't think it went "great" ... sure we all expect a few snags at a first festival, but constantly re-arranging stage slots without any communication is anything but great.
    Personally, I think it did it's job as music festival and because that's all I cared about (sorry, but I really hate children :p) I had an amazing weekend - just the supporting bits, like child friendliness and toilets, got a bit left behind.

OK.. here is my issue .. the website stated clearly that this was a family friendly festival (with a complete list of activities that did not occur) and we choose our festivals based on statements like this.. So we looked at this and thought "okay its a bit pricey for what it is, but there will be loads for the young one, so let's go". So while a website is not a binding contract, promises broken = loss of trust. Lack of trust means I can't believe what is stated next year. We feel that we were lied to, and because we laid out our hard earned cash based on a lie, we feel swindled. Hey maybe that's just me, and maybe you don't mind paying for something and getting something else, but I do. Believe me .. a bored 9 year old for two days does not make for a pleasant experience. Thankfully we are smart enough to make sure that Nintendo is charged enough for two day's usage.

I also don't trust the opinion of anyone who hates kids ;)
    So if the line up appeals to you in 2015 I reckon it'll be worth giving a second chance. My vibe talking to organisers in the aftermath was that a lot was learned so it wouldn't surprise me if it took huge strides next year. 2015 will be the teller - it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Except that the stated line up also cannot be trusted.

(Edit: spelling)

To be honest any good business practice means it can not be misleading, if it was stated there were extra charges for children activities people shouldn't have minded if they knew,there is nothing worse then a child been bored or wanting to do something that there parents have not accoutered into possibly a tight budget (its not a nice feeling to put on parents), and if things got cancelled activity wise there website should have been updated in a clear and quick manner to avoid fallout, people love and respect honesty, and are less eager to hand over money if they don't get that.

I would say this event was probably very stressful to the folk arranging it but then honesty costs nothing. I was very excited to go to see Dan and Pip play fortunately I was waiting to purchase my tickets so when they pulled out I hadn't shelled out a shed load of money for nothing, and I would have had very two bored kids with me to boot.

Lol.. Stinks of damage control... In about two months time this thread will be full of posts from unpaid artists and contractors... Dlsvssp might even get wind of this thread and may clarify the situation (seeing as promoters will be unable to delete their posts here!)
    Should make for interesting reading:-S

Your right, it probably does stink of damage control but it's not intentional and like I said at the start of my post I volunteered, I have no formal connection to the festival. (My spat at DLSvsSP not a helper on that front; I just really wanted somewhere to bitch about the situation to be perfectly honest after the carry on. Itch scratched, make of it what you will.)

I'll give an example, there were no showers during the festival. The organisors hadn't realised they would be "competing" with Glasto for them so they left it too late. That's something they've now realised. That's only something small now mind, but it applies to the greater snags that I heard them acknowledge too. (Including the child friendliness - the full intention was there and I was making decor for the kids area up till the end - I don't know if people pulled out or what though intention doesn't help a bored 9 yr old, I know)

In fact the reason I'm not being totally open about everything I know is because I'm not part of the festival and don't feel comfortable going into too much detail (I'm hoping showers are an innocent enough example :/)

So, this opinion is informed ONLY by my experience of the people I worked with and what I saw/heard/experienced on site but I think a lot of what went wrong was down to inexperience. The organisors now have experience. I'm putting two and two together here and thinking Potential + Experience = better 2015 festival BUT I could be TOTALLY WRONG.

Because of the Irish indie line up I'm super excited about this festival and just selfishly really hope that people do give it a second chance. Stage times was definitely a bummer (Halves and Overhead, the Albatross clashed when they weren't supposed to :( ) if it was me I'd probably have put up a poster of changes...I don't know how effective that would be though.

I'm putting two and two together here and thinking Potential + Experience = better 2015 festival BUT I could be TOTALLY WRONG.

I would expect this to be the case and I do genuinely wish this festival the best of luck in the future. There were good elements for sure and it can only get better. I honestly hope it does. And I do think that the organisers did their best. Simple changes can make a huge difference. The most important being COMMUNICATION! ... Respond to facebook questions rather than simply using facebook to blow trumpets. Issue revised timetables. Apologise in advance that "unfortunately we are unable to include many of the kids activities that we hoped for" (seriously that would have been disappointing but at least some element of honesty).. these simple things make a HUGE difference.

... if it was me I'd probably have put up a poster of changes...I don't know how effective that would be though.

This my friend, is all that was needed .. Put the day's timetable up at each stage early in the day and we can all take a photo and move on.

Best of luck to LCS and we may come back in year 3 ...

• Advertisement

"Because of the Irish indie line up I'm super excited about this festival and just selfishly really hope that people do give it a second chance. Stage times was definitely a bummer (Halves and Overhead, the Albatross clashed when they weren't supposed to :( ) if it was me I'd probably have put up a poster of changes...I don't know how effective that would be though."

A poster change or a notice anywhere even on the gates or what not would have been better then nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

Disclaimer: I volunteered at the festival. However, I'm going to try and be as objective as possible.

Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip: Wow. I feel that the artists were being complete Sacs. What I heard on site about their reason for pulling out paints DLSvsSP in a very bad light but won't go into it because essentially it's still 'grapevine'. :rolleyes: Though I do know for fact the festival didn't have "at least two weeks notice" - punters were told about it as soon as it was confirmed through DLSvsSP's management.

It's only when I got home and saw DLSVSSP's carry on on facebook made me genuinely disgusted with them. Divas.

Anyway, the festival itself: I was part of pre-production so got the festival off to enjoy. And I did enjoy it, as did plenty of people, looking at the photos and stuff. It's not every festival you see hula hoopers casually hula hooping to the act on stage - the crowd we got were great craic in fairness. I think at one point on Saturday morning the *entire* campsite was singing in unison (I was destroyed from working the week so was not singing at 5am...)

The line up was actually better than I originally anticipated, I saw Overhead, the Albatross and Halves billed and was a bit blind to everything else until the weekend got underway and literally had a band I wanted to see in every time slot...that's never happened to me at a festival before.

Price wise, I wasn't paying much attention because I got in in exchange for a week's blood, stress and tears...ok no tears but definitely spider bites. But if it feels expensive compared to other festivals from what I gather, talking to people I know in bands and stuff, it's because LCS paid way more acts than other festivals are willing to, so y'know...(So yeah, issue with DLSvsSP not payment either it would seem)

Personally, I think it did it's job as music festival and because that's all I cared about (sorry, but I really hate children :p) I had an amazing weekend - just the supporting bits, like child friendliness and toilets, got a bit left behind. I entirely missed the spoken word tent but that was supposedly a roaring success. On that alone I think it's going to be amazing next year cause I can see a whole pile of potential and (hand on heart) I have a lot of faith in the vision of the organisors.

I'd like to make a comment on this. Everything below is my opinion, some of it based on fact, some otherwise.

I've been fortunate enough to deal with Dan/Pip on more than one occasion before. To say that these guys are consummate professionals is an understatement. There are few artists in the business with as much genuine integrity as them. The fact that this is probably the 5th show they've pulled during their 10 year plus career says a lot more about the promoters than it does Dan v Pip. Dan v Pip offered it to them to clarify their "unforeseen circumstances" on Facebook and there was no response from LCS.

What you've heard has seemingly come straight from a promoter who I imagine is trying to save face. Here's my take on what may have happened. All alleged of course. DvP were their headline act. They sold tickets off the back of DvP's name and probably a month out when they saw tickets weren't selling as well as expected they decided to delay on the deposit to DvP. Then delay it again and again. It reads to me like they were hoping DvP would agree to being paid in full after the gig and I'm sure the band, having been down that road numerous times before, saw alarm bells ringing in their heads and said no.

I don't believe anyone who has dealt with DvP before could formulate the opinion you have on them. Would I be correct in saying that the promoter is your primary source for this information? As has been shown already their lines of communication and the message that they spread are a little blurry to say the least.

It reads to me like they were hoping DvP would agree to being paid in full after the gig

All due to be paid were paid in one batch, before the festival. That info is from knowing and talking to bands who got paid and not anyone directly involved. So could be wrong, but *I* doubt it, perhaps naive of me, granted.
    Would I be correct in saying that the promoter is your primary source for this information?

My 'source of information' is actually seeing for myself the comments and carry on on facebook from DvP. Though maybe they don't manage their own facebook account, it appears they do.

As for my view on why they pulled out it came from my observation of people's emotions and actions on site rather than direct conversation to me. I would find an act to that extent a bit too elaborate to be put on, but to be fair, within the realm of possibility.

Disclaimer: That post is probably bi+chy, apologies (and not at all directed at you personally Danger Fourpence). Everyone else's past experience of DvP aside I reserve the right to continue to be annoyed at them based on my one - perhaps out of character/justified - experience of their carry on. They seem to have enough fans it won't really matter if one wee randomer on the internet bi+ched about them for a bit on a random forum thread, eh? ;)

All due to be paid were paid in one batch, before the festival. That info is from knowing and talking to bands who got paid and not anyone directly involved. So could be wrong, but *I* doubt it, perhaps naive of me, granted.

My 'source of information' is actually seeing for myself the comments and carry on on facebook from DvP. Though maybe they don't manage their own facebook account, it appears they do.

As for my view on why they pulled out it came from my observation of people's emotions and actions on site rather than direct conversation to me. I would find an act to that extent a bit too elaborate to be put on, but to be fair, within the realm of possibility.

Disclaimer: That post is probably bi+chy, apologies (and not at all directed at you personally Danger Fourpence). Everyone else's past experience of DvP aside I reserve the right to continue to be annoyed at them based on my one - perhaps out of character/justified - experience of their carry on. They seem to have enough fans it won't really matter if one wee randomer on the internet bi+ched about them for a bit on a random forum thread, eh? ;)

Sorry, you said you knew for a fact that the promoters didn't get 2 weeks notice. I took it that a promoter told you this. You also couldn't know for a fact, unless involved in the process, that everyone who was due payment was paid in one batch before the festival. Why do you think they pulled out?

If the promoters have nothing to hide on the DvP side of things then they have social media and a website where they can make their position known. DvP have done and yeah they manage their own social media.

Is it true tickets were being sold for €25 at the gate? How would you feel if you'd paid €100 (plus whatever other silly fees) for a ticket only to see the same ticket go for €25 on the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I have to say, if the organisers had time to upload pics of the festival itself and the bands etc. to facebook everyday throughout the day, then surely they had time to upload any info in relation to events being cancelled (I'm referring to some posts about activities for kids not actually taking place) and bands being cancelled.

I think the tickets being sold for €25 went on sale quite late in the day. I think it was around 8 or 9 in the evening when I saw the announcement on their facebook page that the tickets were €25, I suppose hoping to get in some extra heads for the last few hours. I don't think it was a case that they were selling the tickets at the gates from very early in the day for €25 but I'm open to correction on that.

I am sure the promoters know how social media goes and how important it is, you can even pre-schedule posts on pages to save time!

They were able to answer pricing info quickly enough but nothing much else, and it seems Dan & Pip were very hashed off in having to pull out.
    You wouldn't be annoyed for no reason :/

Some one should post this thread on there page to show them what could be getting spread behind there backs about there image and names effectively slander really if its not true. As a fellow not so good artist Id be very peeved to be be called a Diva etc as it could effect future work.

Do I believe some one in business with a good rep for 10 + yrs or some one doing a 1st yr show.... hrrrm, they wont be seeing my money any way next year either.

In business image is everything and so is receiving proper payment on time its not fair for artists not to be paid for there work!
    To many people think Artists are there to be used.

Lala_Moore wrote: »
    Some one should post this thread on there page to show them what could be getting spread behind there backs about there image and names effectively slander really if its not true. As a fellow not so good artist Id be very peeved to be be called a Diva etc as it could effect future work.

I did post this thread and asked them to comment .. you can se their response on their FB page.

Sorry, you said you knew for a fact that the promoters didn't get 2 weeks notice. I took it that a promoter told you this. You also couldn't know for a fact, unless involved in the process, that everyone who was due payment was paid in one batch before the festival. Why do you think they pulled out?

They didn't have to tell me, the shock and disappointment experienced by everyone on site was either genuine due to no notice or exquisitely well acted for really no one's benefit but mine and a handful of volunteers. :pac: (Observation)

From what people were running around trying to fix, it was more on the tech/communication spectrum and not payment. There could have been a combination of both but as everyone was on site and no one mentioning trying to fix payment I don't think so. (Observation)

Also, I don't think my friends, who happen to be in bands, are liars. Maybe they are. They all got paid on the same day in the same way, and I don't think they were cross checking facts with each other to keep up the elaborate lie. It wouldn't take a leap of blind faith to reckon that the big acts like Cathy Davey, ASIWYFA and even DvP got the same treatment or better. BUT, maybe that's not the case. I notice, however, no one else pulled out citing the festival.

As I said in my first post I was a production volunteer, not involved.
    If the promoters have nothing to hide on the DvP side of things then they have social media and a website where they can make their position known. DvP have done and yeah they manage their own social media.

They may yet come out with their position for all I know, or may not.

Personally, it's not the pulling out that got to me, I couldn't have cared less as I'm not a fan, it was their shi++y attitude and the way the completely hung the festival and it's organisers (and everyone involved down to the volunteers) out to dry by (IMHO) mis placing *all* blame (when based on my observations they definitely could have shouldered some) completely on LCS over social media.

LaLa_Moore: Calling someone a diva is not slander, its a comment on perceived character. Accusing them of something concrete, like taking drugs or something ridiculous, when they don't, is.

But really, does it offend you all so much that one person has decided not to like them based on my own observations? If I thought my opinions had so much sway I wouldn't have said anything, like I said wanted a wee rant because I was frustrated with my understanding of events and just add to a conversation about the festival. Not engage in war with rabid DvP fans.

I'm sorry. You're basing your FACTS on how disappointed you perceived people to be over the weekend?

DvP
    As a rule, we don't cancel shows, it's not our way, we'd prefer to grind it out & make it happen but sometimes it's completely unavoidable. Since 2006 we've cancelled at most 5 shows, and with each one we went balls to the wall to make it happen.

So it's sad that today we have to add a 6th.

Due to circumstances completely out of our control, we will no longer be performing at Light.Colour.Sound Festival at Shankill Castle, Ireland, on Friday. We are sorry to be the cause of any disappointment.

This DOES NOT affect Godiva, we will be there will metaphorical bells on, and If anything this simply makes us even more fired up for getting over to Ireland for Indiependence Festival later in August.

How did they blame volunteers here?

• Advertisement

But really, does it offend you all so much that one person has decided not to like them based on my own observations? If I thought my opinions had so much sway I wouldn't have said anything, like I said wanted a wee rant because I was frustrated with my understanding of events and just add to a conversation about the festival. Not engage in war with rabid DvP fans.

Um, no, don't lose the run of yourself. You're the one throwing the swearies around and getting personal. I'm just trying to separate your FACTS from actual fact. I actually don't like their music outside of two or three songs. I just don't like seeing good people being misrepresented and that's what's being done here.

Advertisement