Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Colour Sound Festival - Shankhill Castle - Kilkenny - 4th & 5th July 2014

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 intheknow14

Lol.. Stinks of damage control... In about two months time this thread will be full of posts from unpaid artists and contractors... Dlsvssp might even get wind of this thread and may clarify the situation (seeing as promoters will be unable to delete their posts here!)
    Should make for interesting reading:-S

Hmmm... Seems it only took one month... I wonder if the directors of the company realise that they have breached the statutory terms of their directorship. The corporate veil applies until such a breach happens, ie. Trade when they are insolvent. When it is proven in a court that this has happened then the corporate veil is removed and the directors become personally liable for debts accrued through.

Too many dodgy dealers think that they can get away with ripping people off and hiding behind a LTD company.

I would suggest that anyone who is owed money goes to the small claims court in Kilkenny district court. It will cost you €25.

And by the way pervertedcoffee... I know exactly who you are :)
    "you two f#;::?,s had better watch out for your reputations in the industry" says he, ... At least I wasn't disgraced in the Irish Times! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6 intheknow14

Hmmm... Seems it only took one month... I wonder if the directors of the company realise that they have breached the statutory terms of their directorship. The corporate veil applies until such a breach happens, ie. Trade when they are insolvent. When it is proven in a court that this has happened then the corporate veil is removed and the directors become personally liable for debts accrued through.

Too many dodgy dealers think that they can get away with ripping people off and hiding behind a LTD company.

I would suggest that anyone who is owed money goes to the small claims court in Kilkenny district court. It will cost you €25.

And by the way pervertedcoffee... I know exactly who you are :)
    "you two f#;::?,s had better watch out for your reputations in the industry" says he, ... At least I wasn't disgraced in the Irish Times! Lol

I will be getting my cash...pity it wasn't paid when requested.. Instead I got threats and verbals... Even if the debtor slithers off back to the UK for instance it is still easily recoverable through one of the agencies at a fee of 20%.

If anyone needs help/advice with this pm me:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lala_Moore

I would say I can't believe it but I can. God help anyone who worked with these people and for possible people dragged down with them. I have a friend they also owe money two just realised who they are ignorant pack of so and so's.

Plus from what I know if people are not helping them they speak to them like they are dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

A few more bands have come forward to say they've not been paid. And aren't being paid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

A few more bands have come forward to say they've not been paid. And aren't being paid.

Who and where?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Who and where?

I seen on twitter that Windings and Overhead, The Albatross said they didn't get paid. And also heard The Radioactive Grandma's cheque also bounced.

Scroobius pip doning a reddit ama: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2dwo8j/hi_im_scroobius_pip_and_i_am_here_for_athe_soul/

Wonder will this debacle make an appearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

new article on this and a letter from the organisers:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2014/08/19/update-on-light-colour-sound/

hilarious amount of blame-shifting going on there from LCS. seems like the organisation in the run up to the festival was completely shambolic, and the promoters clearly didn't have a clue how to properly run an event like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭windowcleaner

Man, this was a fiasco of a festival. Love the way they're trying to blame the journalist for the fact that THEY booked the bands, signed the cheques and left the bands high and dry. Really hope more bands come forward and go public about this kind of thing - these rogue promoters need to have the book thrown at them

• Advertisement

And yet people are blaming a reporter for these peoples mistakes.
    I wonder how they will pay people now and I wonder if they owe any one else anything?

You would think if this project manager did a runner then they'd name and shame him/her for being completely unprofessional at the very least, so that no other festival would end up employing him/her......if such a project manager exists.

"We were given 1 week to do an incredible amount of work including finding alternative parking, holding public meetings, organising new maps, an event plan, an application for road closures, an onsite medical team, the list goes on."

An onsite medical team should be one of the first things they put in place. If their break even was 1,000 people then they hoped for 1,000 people onsite at the very least. Was it to be expected that 1,000 people will show up, drink alcohol and go home unscathed? Also, an event plan? Um, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the whole thing reeks of bull**** to be honest.
    why would they need to find alternative parking? was the original parking suddenly all booked up by some rival event close-by or something?!
    applications for road closures should have been in months previous, and public meetings would be held well before a week in advance.
    i refuse to believe that any competent promoter wouldn't have a copy of the event plan, although given how clueless these 3 appear to be, it wouldn't be all that surprising.

From what I know, there could be a minor possibility of a project engineer existing not that I definitely know, but from what I heard about the promoters through the grapevine said person could have left with there plans due to the fact they

(LCS)weren't willing to pay said engineer in the first place and where trying to get them to work for free and obtain plans for free and seeing sense they left taking there plans with them (why not its their work) or LCS didn't want to go along with the engineer proper plans.

As I said only know this through a general opinion of them through a friend they owe cash to. Apparently they try get a lot stuff done for them for free or under promise of payment, its obvious this grace period was a plot to think a way out of it.

Soon as they seen the report in the irish times and plotted the email thinking it wouldn't get leaked to the reporter and if it did they would try make it as if they had asked him not to publish his piece ahead of the original article, as it would damage them and there chances in payment of the bands further,then blamed him for the fallout,as planned.

I wouldn't be suprised if they do have assets they are hiding

Are any of the bands pursuing actions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

so if no one has been paid were has the money gone? have the local council had anything to say about the allegations? Sounds like a right clusterfúck of incompetence

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭windowcleaner

Had a chat with a friend of mine in Kilkenny last night who knows the lie of the land. Marie Croft (Barry) inherited a big house and farm from her family a while back so she and her family are loaded. They've loads of personal assets so they're codding people with that line. Plus Arlie Croft had a retail business in the UK so there's that as well. They might be incompetent promoters but they've got dosh.

Do they have or work in a shop in kilkenny too? Heard it of my older son's friend he was not to sure though.
    Suppose best not to say here say here though.
    The band's will sort it out or leave it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭alphasounds

I supplied some Back line, and my cheque did bounce.
    I have not been payed.
    I got a long story instead.

Will you be pursuing action or leaving it drop?
    Wonder what the grand total it is they owe.... :/

I guess it's safe to say now that Dan & Pip weren't being divas :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement