Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for a 3 year old on IPAD

Options
  • 20-03-2014 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

As the title say, what apps would you recommend for a 3 year old on IPAD.

I downloaded some for her a long time ago and now its time to update some more. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Kids mode is great,my 1,3 and 5 year old all have their own profiles on it.
    Tg4 have a few apps that the 3 year old likes too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Puppet pals is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭ronjo

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Kids mode is great,my 1,3 and 5 year old all have their own profiles on it.
    Tg4 have a few apps that the 3 year old likes too.
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    Puppet pals is brilliant.

I will check them both out later when I get home. Thanks a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

My 3 year old likes the Dr Panda apps (dr panda hospital, dentist etc) and the Toca Boca ones ( toca house, toca cars, toca monster).

Endless ABC and alphabet train are fun too. Her word recognition is very good from endless abc.

+1 on the tg4 apps.

Max and Ruby Science app she also likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭ronjo

Is it worth getting the paid apps? I guess they are a lot better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Sesame Street have a great one

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Never bothered with any of the paid kids apps.
    We have a number of android devices and an ipad and the kids have loads of free apps but most do not lock the device so they can access anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Naw, never used the paid ones. Some of those toca boca ones are free only on certain dates. I keep an eye on special offers and app events.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

The RTÉ Junior one is good, has join the dots, drawing and a few other things. I must confess to buying a Peppa Pig one for Android which the wee madame loves.

Advertisement