Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba Satellite Running out of space

• 20-03-2014 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop L450D - 11W .
    My "D" Data drive is almost full also my "C" drive. Total 350 Gig.:mad:

What are my options if any as I need to do something very soon.

I looked at the "D" drive contents and I don't see anything I can safely delete.

I would really appreciate any help offered.

Regards Feardorca

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Run 'ccleaner' to get rid of a lot of unnecessary temp files. Attach an external hdd/thumbdrive and copy off files you don't use very often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Also uninstall anything you don't need, or that's free and easy to get again. Disable Hibernation if you don't use it, it uses as much disk space as you have RAM. Adjust the size of the Recycle Bin, and empty it. Make a new restore point and delete all older ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Harold Finch

https://windirstat.info/

Run that and you'll get a nice graph of what's taking up all your space. See if you can delete anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Feardorca

Thanks Guys, Ran CC Cleaner, deleted files from Temp folder, cleaned up registry got 22 Gig back now would not load windows !. Went to restore point PC said fine now but still would not start up. Ended up getting a geek to check it out,thankfully he was able to retrieve my Data Files. Ended up buying a new HP Pavilion 8gig Ram 1TB HDD, just waiting now to get my Files and reload.

Thanks Guys for your help I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭free_man

@Feardorca,
    Any chance I can buy that Toshiba laptop off you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement