Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI: Visa Debit Security Text

Options
  • 20-03-2014 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭

Hi, I received a text this afternoon asking me to contacy Bank of Ireland Visa Debit Security on the number +35314885466 and to quote a reference number.

I'm wary of a scam so just wondering is this a legitimate message and help number?

Thanks

Ciarán

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Ciarán[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This is indeed a valid Bank of Ireland contact number. This will place you in touch with our Visa Debit Card Security Team.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Our Security Team will monitor transactions on an on-going basis on customers Visa Debit Cards.  If they are wary of a particular transaction, they may try to make contact to verify the validity of the transaction.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We would ask you to make contact with them at your earliest convenience. We totally understand your need to verify this with us, the security of your account is very important to us also.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you need any further help, please let us know. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Ciarán[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This is indeed a valid Bank of Ireland contact number. This will place you in touch with our Visa Debit Card Security Team.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Our Security Team will monitor transactions on an on-going basis on customers Visa Debit Cards.  If they are wary of a particular transaction, they may try to make contact to verify the validity of the transaction.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We would ask you to make contact with them at your earliest convenience. We totally understand your need to verify this with us, the security of your account is very important to us also.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you need any further help, please let us know. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]
    That's great, I called and got the issue resolved.

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

That's great news Ciarán. 

Thanks very much for letting us know. If we can help again, please ask. 

Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Josie123

Hello! 

I got a text last night from the Ireland Visa Debit Security, to confirm my latest transactions, from this number +353861800531
    I was just wondering if this is a real number or not? 

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi Josie123,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

From time to time, our Card Security Team may contact customers via text message to confirm transactions which have been flagged on their account. Please note, we will only ask you to reply with Yes or No and will never ask you in the text to provide any personal account or password information. 

If you are concerned about the text message you received, you can contact our Fraud Team directly on 00353 1 4885466 and a representative will be happy to help. 

Thanks,

Sharon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

what is the normal waiting time for a response from the team?
    reccieved email and text notifications last thursday but have not had any reply yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Josie123

Hi,

Okays that's perfect! The message only required a 'Yes' or 'No' answer from me, so that's good news!

Thank you so much for taking your time!
    Hope you have a great day! 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

reccieved email and text notifications last thursday but have not had any reply yet
    Hi the_galway_fry, 

Thank for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

Please be assured each case is investigated in full and our Card Security Team will be in contact with you as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

Hi the_galway_fry, 

Please be assured each case is investigated in full and our Card Security Team will be in contact with you as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Sharon
    thanks sharon,
    6 weeks on and still no contact from your bank, i presume i should follow your lead and forget about it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi the_galway_fry, 

Thanks, 

Sharon
    thanks sharon,
    6 weeks on and still no contact from your bank, i presume i should follow your lead and forget about it ?
    Hi the_galway_fry, 

Thanks, 

Sharon
    thanks sharon,
    Hi,

So sorry you have yet to hear back from our fraud department, could you please DM your details and I will arrange a call to you, click on the link below my name to send me a private message. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

• Advertisement
Advertisement