Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kalenji/Decathlon own brand shoes

Options
  • 20-03-2014 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm already a Decathlon fan but I've never risked buying their shoes, having preferred to go to a 'proper' retailer like Runways, however I'm currently in a state of financial embarrassment and both my Road (Saucony Triumphs) and trail shoes (Mizuno Wave ascend) are end of life.

I over pronate but take a neutral shoe due to orthotics, and try to limit my road running to under 10ks (usually I do 3x 6k a week and get out to Howth head or another trail a couple of times a month) and I'm build for speed (despite my consistent failure to be fast) not distance, 189cm, 100Kgs.

A general google search on Kalenji running shoes brings up lots of praise for the rest of the Kalenji kit (Have some, love it) but the only mentions of the shoes are the occassional warning about them.

Has anyone had any recent positive experiences with Decathlon shoes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Hi all,

I'm already a Decathlon fan but I've never risked buying their shoes, having preferred to go to a 'proper' retailer like Runways, however I'm currently in a state of financial embarrassment and both my Road (Saucony Triumphs) and trail shoes (Mizuno Wave ascend) are end of life.

I over pronate but take a neutral shoe due to orthotics, and try to limit my road running to under 10ks (usually I do 3x 6k a week and get out to Howth head or another trail a couple of times a month) and I'm build for speed (despite my consistent failure to be fast) not distance, 189cm, 100Kgs.

A general google search on Kalenji running shoes brings up lots of praise for the rest of the Kalenji kit (Have some, love it) but the only mentions of the shoes are the occassional warning about them.

Has anyone had any recent positive experiences with Decathlon shoes?

How much are the shoes? You might find good value in an end of line version of what you are used to!

http://www.sportsshoes.com/saucony-progrid-triumph/

Advertisement