If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

42" / 27" / Soundbar

Options
  • 20-03-2014 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Gents

What can you offer in stock or shortly coming into stock in terms of the following:

Living room telly - 40-42", Smart enabled with Freeview HD / Saorview.  Had been looking at a Panny E6B but it only seems to be available in silver which wouldnt be my preference, ideally need something under 500 notes?

Kitchen telly - something tidy around 27 - 29", with Freeview HD / Saorview.  Not a huge budget on this one, open to suggestion.

Also need a sound bar given I'm giving up my surround sound in the interests of world peace :(.

Don't need delivery, am a local.  Don't need it urgently as my house is only being finished in mid April.  Do me a deal please!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Aqua, cheers for the post and we are all about keeping the peace. In saying that, I would not give up my surround sound for anyone but then I have quite a nice one and not an all in one system from a supermarket!

I can quote you for a few bits and pieces, but my only concern would be that if you are not looking to buy for a few weeks, then the models that I quote you now, may not be available in a few weeks.

If you are looking at picking up a few things at he right price then buying the model that is on the way out, can save you a few €'s.

Here goes for what's available currently : 

Toshiba 40L7355 - £399.95 - A very decent TV which is probably one of the best 40" models that we have under £450. Great features with 100Hz scanning, 3D and mega value.

Pansonic TXL42E6 - £469.95 - This is still available (just) and is a very decent TV but I can appreciate the problem with the surround. My missus hates the silver surround.

Samsung UE46F6320 - £499.95  - A very good TV (with a black surround) and with 200Hz has good motion handling.

There is a Samsung UE40F5500 at £449.95 but to be honest, the 6320 is a better TV for the extra £50 and well worth it.

On the 32" - There is very little around at present that has Freeview HD that's really cheap. 

There is a cracking Toshiba and I really like this screen. Toshiba 32L4353 priced at £269.95. This is on display in the shop and is well worth a look as there is a Samsung that is priced similarly which is the 32F5000 and the Toshiba has a better picture. 

There is an array of soundbars available. Are you looking for one with/without a subwoofer ? Are you looking any particular features ? Any budget in mind ?

Let me know what you think of these.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Dave - are the TVs you've listed out in the shop at the minute?  Will have to get herself to call in with me.

Soundbars - would like something with a sub, hopefully with virtual surround sound ideally.  Havent really read into whats available as yet so would take your advice, am just a bit concerned that the TVs are so thin that the default speakers can't be great.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Dave - are the TVs you've listed out in the shop at the minute?  Will have to get herself to call in with me.

Soundbars - would like something with a sub, hopefully with virtual surround sound ideally.  Havent really read into whats available as yet so would take your advice, am just a bit concerned that the TVs are so thin that the default speakers can't be great.
    Hi Aqua,

We've got all the TVs mentioned here in the shop at the moment so feel free to pop in for a look.

For a nice soundbar check out the Samsung HWF550 at £299.95.  Excellent soundbar with a wireless sub, we have 1 up and running.  Sounds great!!  It's also available in silver so would go along nicely with the Panasonic cosmetically.  

Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/samsung/hwf550/sams-hwf550

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.