Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Artist, Valuations

Options
  • 20-03-2014 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have 2 oil paintings by local artist Joe Corr.

One is a view of the Harbour, Rush, from the Harbour Bar Car park.
    Second is of Kenure House.

Both were purchased in the 70's from the Artist who lived in St Catherines

Anyone know where I can get a valuation??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

oK, so anyone give me a heads up on Joe Corr.
    I only met him briefly, a couple of times.
    Anyone have his paintings?
    How is/was he regarded as a painter.

Any info appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

I never heard of him tbh
    Is he still alive? If he is you could do worse than ask him if he wants to buy his art back
    Failing that theres a lad on adverts trying to flog one of his paintings
    http://www.adverts.ie/pictures-paintings/skerries-coast-painting-by-joe-corr/4532662
    You could try to email him and see if he knows anything about him

I never heard of him tbh
    Is he still alive? If he is you could do worse than ask him if he wants to buy his art back
    Failing that theres a lad on adverts trying to flog one of his paintings
    http://www.adverts.ie/pictures-paintings/skerries-coast-painting-by-joe-corr/4532662
    You could try to email him and see if he knows anything about him

Thanks for the reply, and the link.

I don't think he is still with us, I posted this here, rather than the Connectable Forum to get some local knowledge.

It's more a valuation rather than a buyer I am looking for, having been burgled last year, I want to make sure the home policy, is up to date

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

martinn123 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, and the link.

I don't think he is still with us, I posted this here, rather than the Connectable Forum to get some local knowledge.

It's more a valuation rather than a buyer I am looking for, having been burgled last year, I want to make sure the home policy, is up to date

Thanks again.

Joe died must be 10 years ago now. Most of his work was done around NCD especially Loughshinny, Skerries Balbriggan and Rush. He done a lot of seascapes and landscapes from the area, Loughshinny harbour with boats and that type of stuff. His work was quite popular but dont know where you would get them valued. Most likely a Gallery could value them.

What value are they to you is more important, sentimental or monetary.

LeoB wrote: »
    Joe died must be 10 years ago now. Most of his work was done around NCD especially Loughshinny, Skerries Balbriggan and Rush. He done a lot of seascapes and landscapes from the area, Loughshinny harbour with boats and that type of stuff. His work was quite popular but dont know where you would get them valued. Most likely a Gallery could value them.

What value are they to you is more important, sentimental or monetary.

Thanks for that LeoB.

Insurance Co's won't cover sentimental value, they are only interested in monetary.;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement