Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childminding question?

Options
  • 20-03-2014 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, just a quick question I'm a childminder & a teacher enquired about sending her child to me, he would only be coming during the school term, should I charge for holidays?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I doubt she would want you if you were charging for holidays. She would just look for another minder who will agree to charge for term time only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It depends on how well your business is doing. Like the above poster said, if you charge for holidays, she is likely to go elsewhere. Can you afford to lose not only potential business but potential contacts? This woman is a teacher, so will know a lot of parents. If she is happy with your service, she is likely to recommend you to other parents who will need an all year round service.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would have a different contract for teachers and would charge them slightly more on average per hour.

Advertisement